Rand Paul v. Barrack H. Obama

I told my reps that there should absolutely no circumstance when the US Dept. of Defense collects data on hundreds of million US Citizens. period, end of story. There is no way it is constitutional.

I'll support Rand Paul if he runs for President. In the meantime, we need to concentrate on replacing the RINOs in November with real conservatives. They are as guilty as the Democrats.

I would like to see something like this go forward and hit the SCOTUS but I have doubts that it ever will.

The government has taken upon itself to simply eliminate the concept of privacy and they don’t want to give up the power.

1743176_10202064777359740_455551852_n.jpg

I'm happy for there to be some kind of policing of the internet and telecommunications.

We live in a different time. Wars are fought unconventionally now and being able to follow the footsteps of bad people, wherever those feet may go in the cyber universe, is a place where we should allow authorities to roam.

I'm happy for Rand Paul on an issue like Gitmo. But he's the only Republican who actually wants Gitmo closed in a Republican party that continues to propose to expand it and has asked hundreds of millions of new dollars to do it.

Democrats didn't quite have the numbers yet to fund its closure in a bill passed by the House when they had control because a few centrist Democrats agreed with Republicans that they didn't want to move Gitmo detainees to U.S. soil.

But those were arms they could've twisted over time because those people have already come around and say they'd pass that bill today funding its closure, which would then allow the President to close it for good. Democrats would do that today. Republicans would not. So it's hard for me to believe that Rand Paul could get it done as a member of the Republican party.

I told my reps that there should absolutely no circumstance when the US Dept. of Defense collects data on hundreds of million US Citizens. period, end of story. There is no way it is constitutional.

You told them this when? Just after the Patriot Act was passed?

Because that's when it stated happening.

Well Politico, what if Obama changes the law since he has a phone , executive orders, and a pen and supposedly he can do whatever he wants?? Who knows, he might be that much of a dictator to change the law allowing of 3 terms as President.. I wouldn't be surprised to say the least.

Well Politico, what if Obama changes the law since he has a phone , executive orders, and a pen and supposedly he can do whatever he wants?? Who knows, he might be that much of a dictator to change the law allowing of 3 terms as President.. I wouldn't be surprised to say the least.

:lol:

That's silly.

He's not planning on going anywhere.

The thieving Rand Paul brings the facepalm yet again to his theatrics.

Paul Accused of Plagiarizing Lawsuit Against NSA -- Daily Intelligencer

Poor Rand Paul has been looking forward to suing the Obama administration over NSA surveillance for months, but his announcement on Wednesday was marred by infighting among his legal team, including a charge that's particularly sensitive for Paul. Constitutional lawyer Bruce Fein, who has represented Edward Snowden's father, claims he wrote the complaint but the suit Paul filed lists tea party favorite Ken Cuccinelli as its author.

Mattie Fein, his ex-wife/spokeswoman, told The Washington Post's Dana Milbank that the complaint is "the work product, intellectual property and legal genius of Bruce Fein," adding that Paul, who "already has one plagiarism issue, now has a lawyer who just takes another lawyer’s work product."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...8675aa-942b-11e3-83b9-1f024193bb84_story.html

Last edited:
Rand Paul will lose interest in his suit the very second he realizes that there is little to be gained from it.

I'll support Rand Paul if he runs for President. In the meantime, we need to concentrate on replacing the RINOs in November with real conservatives. They are as guilty as the Democrats.

The mainstream GOP is determined to replace all of the TeaPs this spring in the primaries.

It won't happen, in my opinion, but hey! whomever is the wining candidate gets my vote.

I'm happy for there to be some kind of policing of the internet and telecommunications.

We live in a different time. Wars are fought unconventionally now and being able to follow the footsteps of bad people, wherever those feet may go in the cyber universe, is a place where we should allow authorities to roam.
I'm happy for Rand Paul on an issue like Gitmo. But he's the only Republican who actually wants Gitmo closed in a Republican party that continues to propose to expand it and has asked hundreds of millions of new dollars to do it.

Democrats didn't quite have the numbers yet to fund its closure in a bill passed by the House when they had control because a few centrist Democrats agreed with Republicans that they didn't want to move Gitmo detainees to U.S. soil.

But those were arms they could've twisted over time because those people have already come around and say they'd pass that bill today funding its closure, which would then allow the President to close it for good. Democrats would do that today. Republicans would not. So it's hard for me to believe that Rand Paul could get it done as a member of the Republican party.

Please tell me you're not referring to me.

The more you try to purify the republican party of RINO'S, the smaller the republican party becomes. But, by all means, do not be influenced by me. What usually happens when you throw a RINO under the bus is that they pop out the other side as an independent or a <gasp> Democrat. I speak from experience.

Forum List

Back