Rand Paul's son arrested

The OP is somebody who supports Rand at least 60% of the time, for the record. I posted this because it happened.

I can't make sense of your priorities, however. This is nonsense designed for "guilt-by-association," but the anonymous story about "Aqua Buddha" with absolutely no evidence whatsoever is serious.

You posted it "because it happened". Uh huh. The other day I dropped a piece of paper on the floor. I didn't drop everything to rush in here and make it into a freaking news story. You want the story? You could scoop the world.

So diga me, kemo sabe... if your whole purpose here isn't some gossipy guilt-by-association fallacy, would you have posted this story if William Nobody Smith got arrested, i.e. minus the association?

OK then.

This is a message board dedicated to politics. Rand Paul is a politician. His son being arrested is relevant. This is not me attempting to discredit Rand Paul, as I mostly support Rand Paul. Don't know how many times I can point that out.

How about your bringing up the Aqua Buddha nonsense? Was that not your attempt to discredit Rand by unsubstantiated rumor-mongering?

No, that was a throwaway joke. And a clever one, as opposed to the basis of this thread.
Rand Paul is a politician, yes.
But Rand Paul was not the one arrested here. His son was.
Rand Paul... Rand Paul's son; know the difference. Two (2) different people.
Get it yet??

You posted it "because it happened". Uh huh. The other day I dropped a piece of paper on the floor. I didn't drop everything to rush in here and make it into a freaking news story. You want the story? You could scoop the world.

So diga me, kemo sabe... if your whole purpose here isn't some gossipy guilt-by-association fallacy, would you have posted this story if William Nobody Smith got arrested, i.e. minus the association?

OK then.

This is a message board dedicated to politics. Rand Paul is a politician. His son being arrested is relevant. This is not me attempting to discredit Rand Paul, as I mostly support Rand Paul. Don't know how many times I can point that out.

How about your bringing up the Aqua Buddha nonsense? Was that not your attempt to discredit Rand by unsubstantiated rumor-mongering?

No, that was a throwaway joke. And a clever one, as opposed to the basis of this thread.
Rand Paul is a politician, yes.
But Rand Paul was not the one arrested here. His son was.
Rand Paul... Rand Paul's son; know the difference. Two (2) different people.
Get it yet??

Nope.

I can attest to the fact that the Honorable KKKennedy is a Randian, Paulist Nut

So stipulated. Indeed he's already admitted as much. Which makes his inept attempt to guilt-associate all the more bizarre.
:dig:

So stipulated. Indeed he's already admitted as much. Which makes his inept attempt to guilt-associate all the more bizarre.

So you admit your conclusion is illogical, yet you obstinately stick with it rather than try to come up with a different one. Good for you.

So you admit your conclusion is illogical, yet you obstinately stick with it rather than try to come up with a different one. Good for you.

No -- the "story" is irrelevant regardless the motive for trying to make it into one.
What I'm saying is you're apparently so dim that you posted this non-story against your own interests, and yet you don't even see it.

But there's still no justification for trying to make this into a story, regardless where you stand on (or stomp on the hand of) Rand Paul. This is not a story about Rand Paul. This is a story about some 19-year-old kid nobody knows. That's why it isn't a story. And your thread has been entirely about why it isn't a story. That should tell you something. It doesn't, but it should.

No -- the "story" is irrelevant regardless the motive for trying to make it into one.
What I'm saying is you're apparently so dim that you posted this non-story against your own interests, and yet you don't even see it.

But there's still no justification for trying to make this into a story, regardless where you stand on (or stomp on the hand of) Rand Paul. This is not a story about Rand Paul. This is a story about some 19-year-old kid nobody knows. That's why it isn't a story. And your thread has been entirely about why it isn't a story. That should tell you something. It doesn't, but it should.

If it wasn't a story it would have died. I've posted plenty of threads where absolutely nobody comments. Those are, at least according to USMB, non-stories. Yet here you are still talking about this alleged non-story.

If it wasn't a story it would have died. I've posted plenty of threads where absolutely nobody comments. Those are, at least according to USMB, non-stories. Yet here you are still talking about this alleged non-story.

And that it still is.

Real slow now: muckraking news media will put this swill out there in hopes of catching some gullible soul to read it...

That doesn't obligate you to be that gullible soul. Nor does it excuse you from discriminating real news from gossiipist pap. This is the latter.

Just because some hair-on-fire tabloid puts this in a newspaper, that doesn't mean it's actual news. You are free to discriminate the difference. This may shock you but news media editors aren't always right in their choice of stories. To assume that they are is self-defeating if not downright dangerous.

A teenager who says he is the son of a U.S. Senator, and grandson of a former Presidential candidate, was arrested Saturday night at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

William Hilton Paul, 19, was then transported and booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail.

Sources at the Mecklenburg Co. Sheriff's Office say he identified himself as the son of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. Senator Paul's father is former Presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Paul was also charged with Disorderly Conduct and being Intoxicated and Disruptive.

William Hilton Paul arrest Rand Paul Ron Paul Charlotte airport - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Why is this "news"? Rand Paul's son doesn't hold office.

Neither did Chelsea Clinton or Billy Carter, etc.

And that it still is.

Real slow now: muckraking news media will put this swill out there in hopes of catching some gullible soul to read it...

That doesn't obligate you to be that gullible soul. Nor does it excuse you from discriminating real news from gossiipist pap. This is the latter.

Just because some hair-on-fire tabloid puts this in a newspaper, that doesn't mean it's actual news. You are free to discriminate the difference. This may shock you but news media editors aren't always right in their choice of stories. To assume that they are is self-defeating if not downright dangerous.

And Dante says I take myself too seriously... :rolleyes:

It's an event that happens to be current. Whether you want to define it as "news" is up to you.

I don't but that's not the question. Why do you define it as news?
I mean in the scope of world events, who the fuck is William Hilton Paul? Why don't we get the entire police blotter of everyone arrested for intoxication? It's not like it's an uncommon crime nobody ever did before.

Maybe I just feel gossip journalism cheapens genuine news.

Imagine if a kid of a Democratic politician was .... never mind.

When the Kennedy kids messed up the republicans never made a big deal out of it did they?

I mean in the scope of world events, who the fuck is William Hilton Paul? Why don't we get the entire police blotter of everyone arrested for intoxication? It's not like it's an uncommon crime nobody ever did before.

When the Kennedy kids messed up the republicans never made a big deal out of it did they?

:lmao:

their cousins, second cousins, third cousins thrice removed...

And that it still is.

And Dante says I take myself too seriously... :rolleyes:

touche

:eusa_clap:

Libertarians believe that laws against disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive infringe on their freeeeeedom!!!!!!

True.

Some drunk gives me trouble I should just be able to pull our my shooter and bang! Bang! Bang!.

Don't need the nanny state govt interfering, I can handle it.

Forum List

Back