Raquel Welch RIP

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Another one from my childhood. RIP.

Raquel Welch Dead: Actress And Silver Screen Siren Was 82​

960x0.jpg

Actress and sex symbol Raquel Welch, who rose to fame for her role in the sci-fi themed Fantastic Voyage and One Million Years B.C. in 1966, died today after a brief illness. She was 82.

Born Jo Raquel Tejada on September 5, 1940, in Chicago, Illinois, Welch began her career in local theater and as a weather forecaster on local San Diego station KFMB. After separating with her first husband James Welch, she moved with her two children to Dallas, where she began modeling for Neiman Marcus and worked as a cocktail waitress to make ends meet.

Like many American boys I had a few discharges while looking at her Playboy spread

She was a very active actress in the 60s and 70s, by the 80s she was brushed over and dropped out of the scene.
She was one of the last "Marylyn Monroe" types - actresses who were exceptionally beautiful but no talent to match it. You might be able to say Pamela Anderson was the very last.

Ms. Welch had the leading role in Myra Breckinridge, which she would have never received in the current cancel culture.

The role was that of a transwoman, and Welch was a natural dame.

She was one of the great sex symbols. R.I.P. Raquel. Thanks for all the fantasies of my youth.

Forum List

Back