🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rasmussen Poll: Only 29 Percent Trust Media 'Fact Checking' of Candidate Comments

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Hillary voted for the Iraq war and defended her position for years. Trump didn't seem sure about supporting it when asked in an interview. Saying, "I guess so" sounds unsure to me. Hillary's vote for it and subsequent defense of that vote sounds quite certain. Yet, fact checkers are standing behind the story that Trump is bad because he supported the Iraq war. Hillary is being completely let off the hook. This is why many fact checkers and Hillary supporters are completely full of shit.

"Lately the “fact checkers” have been waging a campaign to portray Donald Trump as a contemporaneous supporter of the Iraq war, contrary to his assertions that he was an opponent. In Monday’s debate, Hillary Clinton pleaded for their help: “I hope the fact checkers are turning up the volume and really working hard. Donald supported the invasion of Iraq.” Moderator Lester Holt obliged, basing a question to Trump on the premise that the matter was settled: “You supported the war in Iraq before the invasion.”

Trump somewhat inarticulately rebutted the claim: “The record shows that I’m right. When I did an interview with Howard Stern, very lightly, the first time anybody’s asked me that, I said, very lightly, I don’t know, maybe, who knows.”

What Trump actually said on Sept. 11, 2002, when Stern asked him if he favored an invasion, was: “Yeah, I guess so.” That was an affirmative statement, but a highly equivocal one. Is it fair or accurate to characterize it as sufficient to establish that Trump was a “supporter”? In our opinion, no. He might well have had second thoughts immediately after getting off the air with Stern.

He certainly had second thoughts in the ensuing months, and he came to oppose the invasion long before Mrs. Clinton did.

It’s a bit amazing that the media holds Trump’s long-abandoned position on Iraq from a raunchy radio show to carry more weight than Mrs. Clinton’s actual Senate vote for the Iraq war, which she reflexively defended for more than a decade."

Rasmussen Poll: Only 29 Percent Trust Media 'Fact Checking' of Candidate Comments

The fact checkers are constantly correcting @Clementine’s messiah, Donald Trump. No wonder she hates them. She’d rather be stupid and loyal than honest.

Hillary voted for the Iraq war and defended her position for years. Trump didn't seem sure about supporting it when asked in an interview. Saying, "I guess so" sounds unsure to me. Hillary's vote for it and subsequent defense of that vote sounds quite certain. Yet, fact checkers are standing behind the story that Trump is bad because he supported the Iraq war. Hillary is being completely let off the hook. This is why many fact checkers and Hillary supporters are completely full of shit.

"Lately the “fact checkers” have been waging a campaign to portray Donald Trump as a contemporaneous supporter of the Iraq war, contrary to his assertions that he was an opponent. In Monday’s debate, Hillary Clinton pleaded for their help: “I hope the fact checkers are turning up the volume and really working hard. Donald supported the invasion of Iraq.” Moderator Lester Holt obliged, basing a question to Trump on the premise that the matter was settled: “You supported the war in Iraq before the invasion.”

Trump somewhat inarticulately rebutted the claim: “The record shows that I’m right. When I did an interview with Howard Stern, very lightly, the first time anybody’s asked me that, I said, very lightly, I don’t know, maybe, who knows.”

What Trump actually said on Sept. 11, 2002, when Stern asked him if he favored an invasion, was: “Yeah, I guess so.” That was an affirmative statement, but a highly equivocal one. Is it fair or accurate to characterize it as sufficient to establish that Trump was a “supporter”? In our opinion, no. He might well have had second thoughts immediately after getting off the air with Stern.

He certainly had second thoughts in the ensuing months, and he came to oppose the invasion long before Mrs. Clinton did.

It’s a bit amazing that the media holds Trump’s long-abandoned position on Iraq from a raunchy radio show to carry more weight than Mrs. Clinton’s actual Senate vote for the Iraq war, which she reflexively defended for more than a decade."

Trump told us he NEVER supported the Iraq war. He lied, as he does almost every time he speaks, but for sure you couldn't care

The fact checkers are constantly correcting @Clementine’s messiah, Donald Trump. No wonder she hates them. She’d rather be stupid and loyal than honest.

You jump right to insults instead of articulating why you do or don't believe fact checkers.

One point made was that the fact checkers and the left jumped on Trump for supposedly supporting the Iraq war. What we discover is that he was fairly noncommittal. Then we look at Hillary's voting record and see she voted for it and has defended that vote many times. Then the left goes on to vilify Trump for supporting the war.

Why is the opinion of a private citizen considered worse than the actions of an elected official? You guys are so hung up on what you think Trump said while totally ignoring what Hillary actually did. I think that makes you more stupid and loyal to Hillary than honest.

You jump right to insults instead of articulating why you do or don't believe fact checkers.

One point made was that the fact checkers and the left jumped on Trump for supposedly supporting the Iraq war. What we discover is that he was fairly noncommittal. Then we look at Hillary's voting record and see she voted for it and has defended that vote many times. Then the left goes on to vilify Trump for supporting the war.

Why is the opinion of a private citizen considered worse than the actions of an elected official? You guys are so hung up on what you think Trump said while totally ignoring what Hillary actually did. I think that makes you more stupid and loyal to Hillary than honest.
Tump said he was against the Iraq war. That was a lie, pure and simple just like he lies every single day

When you donate to Clinton campaign and are funded by her drones... it is hard to believe indeed.

You jump right to insults instead of articulating why you do or don’t believe fact checkers.
Your run in with Snopes yesterday….remember that?

No. We point out that he is trying to change history. IF he didn’t support it..he would have said no.

Why is the opinion of a private citizen considered worse than the actions of an elected official?
Who said it was in your world?

You guys are so hung up on what you think Trump said while totally ignoring what Hillary actually did. I think that makes you more stupid and loyal to Hillary than honest.

Hillary admitted her mistake. Trump refuses to admit he made one even though everyone knows he supported the war because there is proof.

When you donate to Clinton campaign and are funded by her drones... it is hard to believe indeed.
Would you try to explain your last comment in plain english? It made zero sense

Yes, when the fact checkers donate to Clinton's campaign and when the fact checkers are funded by democrats... it is very hard to believe them!

Trump told us he NEVER supported the Iraq war. He lied, as he does almost every time he speaks, but for sure you couldn't care

He didn't sound sure when pressed. He never went out and made statements to support it, never tried to convince other people to support it and never voted to support it. In the interviews I've seen, he went back and forth from "I guess so" to government will do what it will do. Many who didn't fully support it still supported the troops in harm's way. Some actually find it in bad taste to trash the military and war effort when our troops have their lives on the line. I don't expect liberals to get that.

You guys aren't saying anything to Hillary about voting for it and are obsessed with a private citizen being pressed for an answer and not being sure.

Yes, when the fact checkers donate to Clinton's campaign and when the fact checkers are funded by democrats... it is very hard to believe them!
What fact checkers are funded by Democrats? The more you post, the more desperate you get

He didn't sound sure when pressed. He never went out and made statements to support it, never tried to convince other people to support it and never voted to support it. In the interviews I've seen, he went back and forth from "I guess so" to government will do what it will do. Many who didn't fully support it still supported the troops in harm's way. Some actually find it in bad taste to trash the military and war effort when our troops have their lives on the line. I don't expect liberals to get that.
Your private citizen said he was against the war, and that was another lie

You guys aren't saying anything to Hillary about voting for it and are obsessed with a private citizen being pressed for an answer and not being sure.

What fact checkers are funded by Democrats? The more you post, the more desperate you get

Politifact for one. They even have Sanders on their board!

Just facts you might want to know.

Politifact for one. They even have Sanders on their board!

Just facts you might want to know.
One big fat juicy lie

Awesome. Now lets just hope the people have the guts to pull the biggest trigger and send Trump to the WH and the Clinton's to the dustbin of history!

Fact checkers are fine with Trump, but bend over backwards to find lies with Dems. Take Politifacts Lie of the Year, that Obama said you get to keep your doctor. That was a prediction of 5 years earlier, and things changed. Plus, I've seen no stats that show people who took care in picking plans actually did lose their doctors- and there was a trend toward that before with the rise of hospital networks, and on and on. And many other Dem "lies". So I suppose I'm not in the 29%.

Forum List

Back