🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ray Rice fired.

Yes, you know more than Mythbusters LOL

Yeah, I do.

You don't know who is on the other end of these conversations.

Hard to take someone serious when they write "she deserved it" in a thread like this.

If you're going to claim I wrote that, then link it.

Look, I did you the courtesy of explaining the misleading flaw at the heart of your Mythbusters video. If you don't know much about physics, that's fine, but you should be able to discern how two experiment are different from each other for that takes general life skills, not physics skills. A wall is not the same as a car. As they say, it's not rocket science.

Your entire premise in this thread has been "that she deserved it" just own that man.

Oh, and while physics isn't my major area of study I understand the basics and what you're saying simply has been prove false. You're trying to say that the myth busters experiment fails because they didn't run into an appropriate material is IRRELEVANT. The experiment DID show that if you take Object A and run it at speed into Object B also moving at speed towards A that the impact is no greater than if Object B would have been stationary.

That holds true whether you are running pillows into each other or diamonds.

I've been hit enough times to know also, that sometimes moving INTO a punch sounds counterproductive but actually will lessen the blow simply because you haven't given your opponent time to put any power behind it.

Yes, you know more than Mythbusters LOL

Yeah, I do.

You don't know who is on the other end of these conversations.

:lmao:

His claim of "literally thousands of fights" is ridiculous, obviously counting every time he ever had to restrain someone as a "fight," but at least he has credibility. You playing at "You don't know me, man! I'm hard core!" is laughable.

Last edited:
Oh, and while physics isn't my major area of study I understand the basics and what you're saying simply has been prove false. You're trying to say that the myth busters experiment fails because they didn't run into an appropriate material is IRRELEVANT. The experiment DID show that if you take Object A and run it at speed into Object B also moving at speed towards A that the impact is no greater than if Object B would have been stationary.

That holds true whether you are running pillows into each other or diamonds

You're seriously going to go down this road, you're going to argue physics by going on what you learned in a Mythbusters clip? Ok.

First, it's not the material that is at issue. The two tests are different because the mass and nature of the objects has changed. The proper way to compare is to impact into a stationary car. This allows the force of impact to be shared between the two cars. Then you have two cars impact each other and the force of impact is shared between the two cars. Now you compare the damage. That was not what they did when they ran the car into the wall. The car took the majority of the force of impact, there was no second car to absorb any force.

When you write "Object B would have been stationary" you do realize that Object B was not identical in both experiments, don't you?:

I've been hit enough times to know also, that sometimes moving INTO a punch sounds counterproductive but actually will lessen the blow simply because you haven't given your opponent time to put any power behind it.

It depends on the nature of the punch thrown. This is why your claim is bogus. She was rapidly moving towards him. The force of impact is dependent on where in the trajectory the intersection occurs. For you to claim that you can predict the force of the impact of your punch is just hot air. A moving person is not a stationary punching bag.

He had the opportunity to walk away and went after her instead. Both should have been charged with assault but his role is clearly beyond self defense.

Janay was the aggressor, Ray retreated & was backed into a corner when she attacked him. Ray couldn't simply walk away when backed into that corner, he had few options to defend himself from attack. So what if his single punch was excessive. Janay had already hit him twice and was coming at him attacking him. Ray has every right to defend himself. He does not have to allow her to wale on him because he is bigger. If Janay didn't want to get hurt, she should have stayed away & not attacked him.

Go back and look at the video. She takes a swat at him and then continues to walk to the elevator. THIS IS THE PIECE ALL OF YOU ARE MISSING. He could have walked away there. Instead he FOLLOWS her into the elevator, corners HER, says something to her and then gives her a LEFT HOOK. RICE WENT INTO THAT ELEVATOR READY TO FINISH THE CONFRONTATION AND HE DID. HE DID NOT RETREAT AS YOU SAY He should have and certainly had the opportunity to call security and have her arrested for assault because clearly she started it, nobody's denying that. He did not have to get on that elevator. HE WAS NOT IN ANY DANGER OUTSIDE THE ELEVATOR WHEN HE COULD HAVE WALKED AWAY. His excuse would not stand up in a court of law.

Ray Rice -- ELEVATOR KNOCKOUT ... Fiancee Takes Crushing Punch Video Celebrity Videos TMZ.com

Holy smokes he really clocked her. I'm not surprised he's fired, he should be. What I'm surprised at is she married that jerk anyway.
if you watch the entire TMZ video it shows she tagged Rice first in the hall before they entered the elevator. She knows she was the aggressor & was coming back at him when he knocked her out. She still loves this man & his money.
Nigga please. She barely swats him, I'm not even sure she actually hit him. Is it wrong? Yes of course. Should he have hit her so hard to knock her out? Hell no. He had the opportunity to walk away and went after her instead. Both should have been charged with assault but his role is clearly beyond self defense.

As for the money, I figured that's why she married him anyway.

She was knocked out because she ran into the punch. It's like a car accident where you hit a parked car at 30 miles per hour or hit an opposing car also traveling at 30 miles an hour. They produce different damage outcomes.
:lmao:I'm going to take that comment as a joke.

It's not a joke, it's physics. Whether a person is knocked unconscious or not is not known to the person throwing the punch. How you receive the punch, how much it harms you, includes factors that are beyond the control of the person punching you.

You're going to be hurt more if you run into a punch than if you just stand still at the moment of impact. You're going to be hurt more by running into the punch than by walking into the punch. This is grade-school physics. Did you forget elementary physics? Force = mass x acceleration. A head on crash, ceteris paribus, causes more damage than a one-car crash.

Yeah she just happened to "run into the punch" and he just happened to be swinging in the air with all his might closed fist for no reason at all, at the time. So I guess in your book it's all her fault. :cuckoo:

I don't even know how to answer that level of stupidity.
What kind of moron writes this "Should he have hit her so hard to knock her out?" This suggests someone has no clue about physics or the real world. A person throwing a punch has no idea whether a punch will knock someone out.

Don't write idiocy and then I won't have to instruct you in elementary physics.
1. This has nothing to do with physics moron.
2. He had the opportunity to walk away and have her arrested for assault and didn't.

Don't write Idiocy and then I won't have to instruct you in the basic's of the law.

He had the opportunity to walk away and went after her instead. Both should have been charged with assault but his role is clearly beyond self defense.

Janay was the aggressor who hit him twice before Ray defended himself. Ray retreated & was backed into a corner when Janay attacked him. Ray couldn't simply walk away when backed into that corner, he had few options to defend himself from attack. So what if his single punch was excessive. Janay had already hit him twice and was coming at him attacking him. Ray has every right to defend himself. He does not have to allow her to wale on him because he is bigger. If Janay didn't want to get hurt, she should have stayed a
way & not attacked him.

Are you insane?

At a minimum he could have just grabbed her little wrists and held her until the elevator stopped then just walked away.

You know, like a man.

Absolutely

However, the court system looked into this and sentenced him to an incredibly light sentence. So why are we expecting the NFL to administer justice steeper than what the courts did?

This whole issue is not an issue if the courts acted correctly.

Forum List

Back