Rayshard Brooks was on probation for four crimes - including cruelty to children.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
That cop was defending himself from a dangerous thug armed with a taser, which
in the state of Georgia is classified as a deadly weapon. Brooks was a menace to society and should have been in prison.

in the state of Georgia is classified as a deadly weapon. Brooks was a menace to society and should have been in prison.
Irrelevant to the facts of the case

By the media descriptions of him, one would imagine the only offense he could have committed would be singing too loud in church.

It is relevant to why he resisted arrest and thus relevant to the case.

I saw the "facts of the case" as the whole world did. Brooks resisted arrest, stole a taser and ran, then turned and aimed the weapon at the cop who then had every right to shoot him. He had to kill him with 2 shots to the back ? No. I would have hit him in the ass one time, but that's just me.

It isn't relevant unless you are saying the cop chose to use deadly force because of the man's criminal past.

Otherwise, no matter what crimes he committed the officer was either right or wrong to shoot him.

He was right to do so.

Sooooo...the family is up there preaching on how good of a man and father he was...and he was in prison for beating the shit out of them? Do I have that right?

It isn't relevant unless you are saying the cop chose to use deadly force because of the man's criminal past.

Otherwise, no matter what crimes he committed the officer was either right or wrong to shoot him.

He was right to do so.
In his drunk and/or drug induced stupor, he realized he was going for a long stretch and resisted arrest. The cop cannot be blamed for getting him high, making him drive high or the thug's resisting arrest.

I saw the "facts of the case" as the whole world did. Brooks resisted arrest, stole a taser and ran, then turned and aimed the weapon at the cop who then had every right to shoot him. He had to kill him with 2 shots to the back ? No. I would have hit him in the ass one time, but that's just me.

~~~~~~
LEO's are trained to fire at felons and don't fire just one shot. It's the controlled firing method. Some call it the double tap method.

Last edited:

You always aim center mass. This isn't the movies.

Sooooo...the family is up there preaching on how good of a man and father he was...and he was in prison for beating the shit out of them? Do I have that right?

Meh, cut them some slack, they're grieving.

And I mean everyone defends family. You don't think, for example, that Joe Biden knows that Hunter is a worthless pile of shit?

You're right... Has anyone here fired a weapon in the stress of a firefight, or under stress?

You're right... Has anyone here fired a weapon in the stress of a firefight, or under stress?

Yep, killed two people in the line of duty. To this day I hate that I had to do it, but they gave me no choice. Point a weapon at me , get shot.

Yep, killed two people in the line of duty. To this day I hate that I had to do it, but they gave me no choice. Point a weapon at me , get shot.
If someone is desperate enough to pull a gun
on a cop, they made a choice they'd rather die than go to jail.

If someone is desperate enough to pull a gun
on a cop, they made a choice they'd rather die than go to jail.

Sometimes it's fear too, I've seen it. I've seen completely innocent people resist , and I mean you do what you can in those situations, but officers still have a job to do, and they still have the right to protect their own lives.

The charges to which Brooks pleaded guilty and for which he was still on probation dated back to August 2014 when he was convicted on four counts – False Imprisonment, Simple Battery/Family, Battery Simple and Felony Cruelty/Cruelty to Children. Brooks had not been in trouble since that year until last December when he went to Ohio without informing his probation officer and a warrant was issued for his arrest
Probably was a domestic scene when he took custody of his children without an ok.

But that doesn't matter (like a previous poster said)
, and the cop should not of shot him.

He’s a black male poster child reflective of the conduct 80% demonstrate so their dear “bro” meeting his just demise at the hands of law enforcement has them angry and pointing fingers everywhere except at themself

Forum List

Back