"Reaching Out" to U.S. Muslims

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
EXCUSE ME??!! Hillary Clinton's prescription for preventing more terrorist attacks here at home is that "we" should "reach out" to our Muslim citizens. Why doesn't "we" already include them? Why is it necessary to ask for their help in preventing the murder of their fellow citizens? Aren't they doing this already? If not, why?

I am sick and tired of dividing Americans into various classes of people and then treating some of those classes as mentally or morally inferior groups which must be cajoled into being good citizens. Anyone who has information about a potential terrorist act already has a civic duty to report it. If they don't, is it unreasonable to consider them complicit in that act?

EXCUSE ME??!! Hillary Clinton's prescription for preventing more terrorist attacks here at home is that "we" should "reach out" to our Muslim citizens. Why doesn't "we" already include them? Why is it necessary to ask for their help in preventing the murder of their fellow citizens? Aren't they doing this already? If not, why?

I am sick and tired of dividing Americans into various classes of people and then treating some of those classes as mentally or morally inferior groups which must be cajoled into being good citizens. Anyone who has information about a potential terrorist act already has a civic duty to report it. If they don't, is it unreasonable to consider them complicit in that act?

Hilary made the reasonable point that treating American Muslims as the enemy will alienate the very people best placed to notify authorities of potential radicalized Muslims.

This morning on the radio I heard about a team of police officers in LA that are part of the anti-terrorism unit- that does outreach to the Muslim community- police officers who go to schools and meets with the Muslim community as an outreach to promote better communications between the Muslim community and the LAPD.

Now- given that reaching out to the Muslim community in America might result in identifying Muslims who are becoming radicalized and might be a threat- why are you against that?

Muslim parents have turned in their radicalized children. Was that some bizarre terrorist trick, or did they perform a public service? If reaching out to the Muslim community would cause more people to report terrorist activity is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Reach out and touch the radicals....with rebar

You republicans are just itching to send more you people to war. You think the Muslims fighting the radicals will continue to fight them, if we refuse them even access into this country? USE YOUR BRAIN, IF YOU HAVE ONE.

You republicans are just itching to send more you people to war. You think the Muslims fighting the radicals will continue to fight them, if we refuse them even access into this country? USE YOUR BRAIN, IF YOU HAVE ONE.

Well I have an aversion to getting blown up or losing my head. Now run along, you're insignificant to me

The Moderator must have had YOU in mind.

Hilary made the reasonable point that treating American Muslims as the enemy will alienate the very people best placed to notify authorities of potential radicalized Muslims.

1. Who is treating all American Muslims as the enemy?

2. Why haven't more suspicious individuals already been reported to the police/FBI?

3. Those American Muslims who tacitly support terrorists are the enemy.

CAIR has placed the parents of the children who were made to sing Allah Akbar on what they call an "Islamaphobe" watch list.

Sorry people but that isn't going to fly, CAIR is nothing but a terrorist organization

1. Who is treating all American Muslims as the enemy?

2. Why haven't more suspicious individuals already been reported to the police/FBI?

3. Those American Muslims who tacitly support terrorists are the enemy.

1. Who said that anyone is treating all Muslims as the enemy?
  2. How many suspicious individuals have been reported?
  3. And how many haven't? Until you know those numbers how can you ask why more haven't been reported?
  4. Those Americans who tacitly support any terrorists are the enemy.
  5. What does that have to do with my post?
  6. Why are you against outreach efforts that may prevent terrorism?

This morning on the radio I heard about a team of police officers in LA that are part of the anti-terrorism unit- that does outreach to the Muslim community- police officers who go to schools and meets with the Muslim community as an outreach to promote better communications between the Muslim community and the LAPD.

Now- given that reaching out to the Muslim community in America might result in identifying Muslims who are becoming radicalized and might be a threat- why are you against that?

Who said that anyone is treating all Muslims as the enemy?
HILLARY

How many suspicious individuals have been reported?
NOT ENOUGH

And how many haven't?
MANY

Those Americans who tacitly support any terrorists are the enemy.
AGREE

What does that have to do with my post?
YOU BROUGHT IT UP

Why are you against outreach efforts that may prevent terrorism?

Who said that anyone is treating all Muslims as the enemy?
What does that have to do with my post?
YOU BROUGHT IT UP

I didn't mention it at all

"Those American Muslims who tacitly support terrorists are the enemy"

I didn't mention American Muslims who 'tacitly' or otherwise support terrorists- that would be just you.

So why didn't you respond to my actual post?

Here is what I posted- and I am glad to remind you of it again

[

And again- why are you against efforts that might prevent terrorism? Lets say for instance that reaching out to the Muslim community like below....

his morning on the radio I heard about a team of police officers in LA that are part of the anti-terrorism unit- that does outreach to the Muslim community- police officers who go to schools and meets with the Muslim community as an outreach to promote better communications between the Muslim community and the LAPD.

...resulted in saving one life- why do you think that would be the wrong thing to do?

Last edited:

Well I have an aversion to getting blown up or losing my head. Now run along, you're insignificant to me

Still itching to send troops to Syria?

Still itching to send troops to Syria?
You must be talking about Hillary

Forum List

Back