Reagan Speaks Thru Obama?

Those who worship at the alter of Reagan either don't really have a clue about the nuts and bolts of his policies or simply do not care.

The history is there for all to read and it doesn't make Reagan's admin a bastion of American liberty, folks.

Nicaragua and the contra are a perfect example of the USA supporting truly evil terrorists.

Ronnie's only good point was that he was a good speaker.

Interesting fact is that Clinton(D), even after impeachment, left office with a higher approval rating than Iran Contra Ronnie(R)...

"In fact, polls show that Clinton's job approval rating as he left office was as high or higher than Reagan's when he left office. Clinton's final Gallup job approval rating was 66 percent, compared with 63 percent for Reagan."

"Over the course of his entire presidency, Reagan had an average Gallup approval rating of 53 percent -- not bad. But not as good as that of Clinton, whose average approval rating was 55 percent."

Media Matters

Clinton remains far below Reagan in historical perspective rankings of Presidents.

In fact, a 2004 AP poll saw 7 out of 10 Americans viewed Reagan as a better President than Clinton, and while Reagan's approval ratings have steadily increased since leaving office (similar to other modern Presidents as Truman and Eisenhower) Clinton's have steadily declined. This same poll saw Clinton garnering a 53% unfavorable rating, and only a 41% favorable rating.

Reagan wrote historical chapters - Clinton remains a footnote...

The GOP only pays attention to polls that support their side.. otherwise... there just polls..

The ranking of presidents ebbs and flows with time and history..

I wasnt talking bout the ranking or post presidency polls as you chose to spin it to, I was mentioning approval ratings during their tenure..

"Interesting fact is that Clinton(D), even after impeachment, left office with a higher approval rating than Iran Contra Ronnie(R)..."

..as for footnotes.. it will be a great day when America recovers from W to treat him as a historical post it note.. at least Ronnie left the economy in much better shape than W..

Seems anytime ReRonnie is mentioned, GOP revisionism, and its mad crush on RR is rekindled...

The GOP only pays attention to polls that support their side.. otherwise... there just polls..

I wasnt talking bout the ranking or post presidency polls as you chose to spin it to, I was mentioning approval ratings during their tenure..

"Interesting fact is that Clinton(D), even after impeachment, left office with a higher approval rating than Iran Contra Ronnie(R)..."

..as for footnotes.. it will be a great day when America recovers from W to treat him as a historical post it note.. at least Ronnie left the economy in much better shape than W..

Seems anytime ReRonnie is mentioned, GOP revisionism, and its mad crush on RR is rekindled...
but 100 years from now, if Reagan is mentioned like Lincoln or Jefferson and Clinton like Chester A Arthur.....what your telling us hear will mean diddly squat.....as it does now....

but 100 years from now, if Reagan is mentioned like Lincoln or Jefferson and Clinton like Chester A Arthur.....what your telling us hear will mean diddly squat.....as it does now....

Well stated.

History continues to elevate Reagan as among the greatest figures of the 20th Century.

As for claims he "hurt" the middle class, that is mere partisan historical revisionism paid in great part by the Union leadeship who loathed Reagan while at the same time many of its membership actually voted for him. From the beginning of his presidency to the end of his presidency, nearly half of all Americans rose to a higher tax bracket - an indication of astounding economic growth from poor to wealthy. In fact, the single largest economic gains were made by the lowest 20% tax bracket - 86% of American poor rose to the ranks of the middle class under Reagan. It should also be noted that charitable donations rose by 55% during Reagan's presidency - a fact in stark contrast to the liberal painting of that time as an era of greed. Liberal revisionism, which continues to try and re-write the history of Reagan in an attempt to minimize his successes, will not share this basic fact.

This revisionism is based upon the idealogical battle being waged for the soul of our nation. The idea that liberty and responsibility should be based upon the individual, or reside as the responsibility of government, which will dispense those attributes as it sees fit, under the guise of "helping" the helpless.

Currently the American majority has shifted to liberalism, out of fear and frustrations, much as occurred by the mid-1970s.

Will growing frustrations with this same liberalism create a conservative re-alignment in America?

Stay tuned...

I will always say this as I have never seen a single thing that contradicts it. Reagan was through his actions, and through the fantasy, the worst president in modern times for America. His firing of the air traffic controllers, the Iran-Contra, the reduction of worker's rights, and the emphasis, on what can only be called trickle down voodoo economics, are a key to the current situation in this nation. And while I admire the fact Reagan eventually raised taxes, he saw it was a mistake, I cannot praise someone who started the decline of our middle class.

Oxford Analytica
Ronald Reagan's Legacy
The Reagan Legacy
Ronald Reagan's Legacy
The Reagan legacy - Salon.com
yeah, nice revisionist history from some very fucked up sites

those who worship at the alter of reagan either don't really have a clue about the nuts and bolts of his policies or simply do not care.

The history is there for all to read and it doesn't make reagan's admin a bastion of american liberty, folks.

Nicaragua and the contra are a perfect example of the usa supporting truly evil terrorists.
bullshit

this thread is proof we truely live in Orwellian times
the internet is the prefect example of the way things were changed in his book, 1984

Are you done foaming at the mouth already, troglodyte?
asshole, you are the one foaming at the mouth
i'm LMAO at the moronic shit you two have posted

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! This guy just DOESN'T STOP. What a complete buffoon! "I know what you are but what am I?? I know what you are but what am I??"

Why don't we change the game a little? How about now you let us know why Reagan was so great, why the Somozas was such a great guys, and why you think the atrocities committed by the contras were perfectly justified? How about you school us on some good ol' Central American history? What do you think of Tachito Somoza's handling of the '72 Managua Earthquake? Did he do enough to stuff his Swiss Bank account, or would you have put away some more, just in case?

Or how about this, if an overwhelmingly powerful Alien invader came and established imperial control over the US, and decided to arm a bunch of malcontents to burn your town down, torture you, and rape your wife, until you were forced to change your leadership to their demands, what do you do? Or to make it more relevant to reality, imagine that the leadership they want you to change is the leadership you elected for the simple reason that they deposed the brutal dictator that the Aliens put in power for 40-some years? How would you like that? I'm trying to figure out if such a great American Patriot like you would side with imperial puppet government or not. Hard to tell.

But whoops here we go again, making a post too big for you to understand. Well, I await your intellectual treatise on the matter, even if you're barely able to string a four-word response together (you know, something like "lol ur an idiot" or "hes lying! i know!").

Are you done foaming at the mouth already, troglodyte?
asshole, you are the one foaming at the mouth
i'm LMAO at the moronic shit you two have posted

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! This guy just DOESN'T STOP. What a complete buffoon! "I know what you are but what am I?? I know what you are but what am I??"

Why don't we change the game a little? How about now you let us know why Reagan was so great, why the Somozas was such a great guys, and why you think the atrocities committed by the contras were perfectly justified? How about you school us on some good ol' Central American history? What do you think of Tachito Somoza's handling of the '72 Managua Earthquake? Did he do enough to stuff his Swiss Bank account, or would you have put away some more, just in case?

Or how about this, if an overwhelmingly powerful Alien invader came and established imperial control over the US, and decided to arm a bunch of malcontents to burn your town down, torture you, and rape your wife, until you were forced to change your leadership to their demands, what do you do? Or to make it more relevant to reality, imagine that the leadership they want you to change is the leadership you elected for the simple reason that they deposed the brutal dictator that the Aliens put in power for 40-some years? How would you like that? I'm trying to figure out if such a great American Patriot like you would side with imperial puppet government or not. Hard to tell.

But whoops here we go again, making a post too big for you to understand. Well, I await your intellectual treatise on the matter, even if you're barely able to string a four-word response together (you know, something like "lol ur an idiot" or "hes lying! i know!").
you are a fucking asshole
why should i bother with someone like you

i never said Somoza was a good guy, so you have a failed strawman
and most of that shit you blame on the contras, were done by the sandonistas

Well, you certainly support his henchmen with the outmost fervour. How the fuck should I know you don't like brutal dictators when you uphold their supporters? Shout "strawman" whenever you'd like, but when you fail (again and again) to present any meaningful arguments for discussion that's pretty much what you're opening yourself to- and you deserve it.

But you do make a good point. This game is getting very boring. Ramble on, intellectual midget. Don't let me stop you. :lol:

Well, you certainly support his henchmen with the outmost fervour. How the fuck should I know you don't like brutal dictators when you uphold their supporters? Shout "strawman" whenever you'd like, but when you fail (again and again) to present any meaningful arguments for discussion that's pretty much what you're opening yourself to- and you deserve it.

But you do make a good point. This game is getting very boring. Ramble on, intellectual midget. Don't let me stop you. :lol:
you are such a fucking asshole
you dont want a real discussion on this issue

you are the one doing the rambling

Forum List

Back