Reagan Was A Shitty President

Reagan cut taxes effective Jan 1, 1983 and dramatically decreased inflation via the Volcker Fed tightening.

Any theory that you have that doesn't involve these facts is just leftwing hyperbole.

Then let's hear from a staunch Conservative, Senator Alan Simpson of Wyoming:

Reagan Raised Taxes At Least 7 Times, Including the Biggest Corporate Tax Hike Ever

Transcript:

SEN. SIMPSON: Now if we’re going to work through the myths and misconceptions and the distortions, and as one president said, “plain damn lies.” I forget what president — I think it was Harry [Truman]. Uh, I’m going to say one.

Some groups seem to bring up Ronald Reagan. We’ll hear from those this afternoon — with a deserved reference, which is very appropriate. Uh. In the words memorialized in the vice presidential debate, I knew Ronald Reagan. They are not Ronald Reagan “knowers.”

In his diary books, I’m proudly mentioned many times. He was a dear friend, and a total realist as to politics.

I didn’t come to this commission to raise taxes. That’s the myth. But I’ll tell ya, they’ve got to be on the table and they are on the table. So I’ll get my share of crap on that one.

But let’s just disengage ourselves from the myth that Ronald Reagan never raised taxes. He did. And here are four big ones. So I hope this will clear the air for some of the groups today.

In 1982, the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act, that rolled back about a third of his ‘81 tax cuts, raised corporate tax rates, and to a lesser extent income tax rates. Raised taxes by almost 1 percent of GDP, which at that time was the largest percentage in peacetime increase ever.

[The] 1982 gas tax increase. [The] 1983 Greenspan commission — we know so well; [fellow commission member Alice Rivlin] remembers — we all … raised payroll taxes for lower and middle income households to higher than they were before Reagan’s ‘81 tax cuts. Then there was the 1984 deficit reduction tax.

Those are the big four. Then there was the Railroad Retirement Revenue Act, Consolidated Omnibus Budget of ‘85… ‘85…’87 Continuing Resolution, Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of ‘87, that was $8.6 billion

So there were a lot of them.
Just thought I’d throw that in.

YouTube - Simpson Takes Down The Reagan Myth

Last edited:
Reagan referred to God -- and he meant it. I think it must have burned Progressive ears to hear him speak so affectionately that he was the servant of a higher power that wasn't Mo' n Bigga Gubbamint

Yeah, that's why he never went to church. As president, as governor, or as an actor.

Well, that's all certainly your opinion, and as such, means and proves fuck-all. But thank you for sharing it with us totally unsolicited and unwanted. Believe it or not, your opinion does not equal objective reality.

• Of course it's her opinion, just like all of your posts are your opinion. That's how this works.
  • What thread is ever solicited? Are you aware of how ignorantly pretentious you appear?
  • If you don't want it, get the fuck out of the thread. It's really just that simple.
  • NO ONE'S opinion equals objective reality. My, oh my.

No, dumb shit, all of my posts are NOT just my opinion. See, I'm not a liberal, wandering around spouting my opinions as though they're gospel carved in stone by the finger of God.

Oh please. You make a lot of stupid statements like 'only liberals do X or believe Y' (like in this very post) and then pretend they're fact without any attempt to back it up.

Last edited:
Ronald Reagan was living a life of mortal sin. he was divorced and was living with a woman in sin. That means he is burning in the eternal fires of hell.

Reagan referred to God -- and he meant it. I think it must have burned Progressive ears to hear him speak so affectionately that he was the servant of a higher power that wasn't Mo' n Bigga Gubbamint

Yeah, that's why he never went to church. As president, as governor, or as an actor.

Amazing how the left SCREAMS that attending a church and affiliating with an organized religion IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE A CHRISTIAN, DAMN IT!!!! . . . until it's a conservative in question.

Amazing how the left SCREAMS that attending a church and affiliating with an organized religion IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE A CHRISTIAN, DAMN IT!!!! . . . until it's a conservative in question.
OK, Miss "I only post facts" - show us the fact that Reagan was a Christian.

Or even better show us where Synth screams you don't have to go to church (this may comes as a shock but he doesn't represent all of the left).

Last edited:
Reagan's policy of 'cut and run' in Beirut, Lebanon made America weaker by showing our enemies that if they attack us, we will retreat. Saddam observed this and figured "If they aren't even going to go to war to defend themselves, they sure aren't going to go to war over a bunch of Kurds - I think I'll gas them".

Or even better show us where Synth screams you don't have to go to church (this may comes as a shock but he doesn't represent all of the left).
She won't show either one - she's a phony.

Reagan's policy of 'cut and run' in Beirut, Lebanon made America weaker by showing our enemies that if they attack us, we will retreat. Saddam observed this and figured "If they aren't even going to go to war to defend themselves, they sure aren't going to go to war over a bunch of Kurds - I think I'll gas them".

Yes, that's why Gorby decided that the USSR should self destruct.

Take your meds and then come back and explain what your post has to do with Reagan's policy of 'cut and run'.

I love how she pretends you represent everyone on the left.

Presumably if you were an atheist she would use that as proof that "see the left all are a bunch of liars when they say you can be a Christian leftist"

Anything to claim all liberals are bad I guess.

I love how she pretends you represent everyone on the left.

Presumably if you were an atheist she would use that as proof that "see the left all are a bunch of liars when they say you can be a Christian leftist"

Anything to claim all liberals are bad I guess.
She's a cartoon character, so that's how I treat her.

From his speech to the National Religious Broadcasters convention after announcing his second-term candidacy:

"Under this roof, some 4,000 of us are kindred spirits united by one burning belief: God is our Father; we are His children; together, brothers and sisters, we are one family."

From the end of the same speech:

"If the Lord is our light, our strength, and our salvation, whom shall we fear? Of whom shall we be afraid? No matter where we live, we have a promise that can make all the difference, a promise from Jesus to soothe our sorrows, heal our hearts, and drive away our fears. He promised there will never be a dark night that does not end. Our weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. He promised if our hearts are true, His love will be as sure as sunlight. And, by dying for us, Jesus showed how far our love should be ready to go: all the way."

Now, you might say, "Lots of politicians mouth religious faith to win points", and you'd be right. But there's a big difference between saying, "God bless America" to pander to voters and talking about God and Jesus the way Reagan did. Argue whether or not he was a GOOD Christian, if you must. But I think it's clear that he thought of himself as a Christian, and only God has the ability to argue that.

Take your meds and then come back and explain what your post has to do with Reagan's policy of 'cut and run'.

Take YOUR meds and show us where leaving Beirut was REAGAN'S idea.

From his speech to the National Religious Broadcasters convention after announcing his second-term candidacy:

"Under this roof, some 4,000 of us are kindred spirits united by one burning belief: God is our Father; we are His children; together, brothers and sisters, we are one family."

From the end of the same speech:

"If the Lord is our light, our strength, and our salvation, whom shall we fear? Of whom shall we be afraid? No matter where we live, we have a promise that can make all the difference, a promise from Jesus to soothe our sorrows, heal our hearts, and drive away our fears. He promised there will never be a dark night that does not end. Our weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. He promised if our hearts are true, His love will be as sure as sunlight. And, by dying for us, Jesus showed how far our love should be ready to go: all the way."

Now, you might say, "Lots of politicians mouth religious faith to win points", and you'd be right. But there's a big difference between saying, "God bless America" to pander to voters and talking about God and Jesus the way Reagan did. Argue whether or not he was a GOOD Christian, if you must. But I think it's clear that he thought of himself as a Christian, and only God has the ability to argue that.
well there's a case of 'shut the hell up'.

Forum List

Back