Reason for guns...government neglect...when you are stalked...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This happens everyday in the U.S. Someone attracts the attention of a stalker and there is not that much that the government can do to protect you...so we go to one of the 4 reasons to own and carry a gun...Government Neglect. Now, those government agents, in this case the police, may very well want to help you with your situation...they just can't...they don't have the resources and they are hemmed in by the law...which works to the advantage of a stalker.

This is a look at the case of the Dartmouth student who wants to carry a gun on campus because she has a very real stalker who is already a convicted felon, has been arrested and found to have a "rape" kit in his possession...and may be released from custody in 8 months even if convicted of stalking the victim...

http://crimepreventionresearchcente...mess-of-the-taylor-woolrich-case-on-fox-news/

Regarding background checks, Geraldo apparently doesn’t realize that Bennett is already a convicted felon because of his previous violation of the restraining order. It is illegal for him to obtain a gun as a convicted felon, but despite background checks in California that already cover everything that the Brady Campaign and President Obama have been asking for, Bennett was still able to illegally obtain guns. The background checks that Geraldo offers as a solution to these problems didn’t stop Bennett from obtaining weapons. In addition, Bennett is much taller and stronger than Taylor. Despite his age, he apparently works out with weights regularly and is in very good shape. Taylor has legitimate concerns for her safety even if Bennett didn’t have a gun. Note that the rape kit in Bennett’s car had other weapons besides a rape kit and that only a tiny percent of rapes are committed with a gun...

According to the prosecutors in Taylor’s case, the absolute most that Bennett will actually have to serve is 8 months. Note that during the over four years of stalking that he has engaged in, Bennett has already done two different stints in prison and gotten out to stalk her yet again.

4) Geraldo also doesn’t know the timing of Taylor’s requests to have a gun on campus. She asked this past year for a gun after Bennett had sent her various emails and texts. Bennett was out of prison when she asked for the ability to have a gun.

Okay, for the anti-gunners out there...what is this woman supposed to do...the police cannot give her 24/7 protection, the stalker is bigger, stronger and capable of getting edged weapons, clubs...and even illegal guns...

Please...tell me...what is she supposed to do? (this is highlighted simply to focus attention on this question)

Last edited:

Too bad Trayvon didn't have a gun. He could have shot back.

Better if he hadn't ambushed Zimmerman and started pounding on him...he would be alive today if he hadn't done that...but a little detail like that seems to be ignored by anti-gunners...

Too bad Trayvon didn't have a gun. He could have shot back.

Why don't you answer the question derpy.

As a liberal democrat, I have no problem with someone carrying a gun because they are being stalked.

Sorry to have disappointed you.....

It's this sort of ignorance and stupidity that does more to jeopardize the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment than any 'gun control' legislation might do.

It also only succeeds in making those of us who are responsible gun owners look ridiculous and irresponsible.

As a liberal democrat, I have no problem with someone carrying a gun because they are being stalked.

Hmmm...well...as a liberal democrat...who one would think is voting for liberal democrats...you are voting for the very people who are,working 24/7 to make sure this woman can't even own a gun much less carry it against a stalker...

so...you say you have no problem with her carrying a gun but vote for those who will take guns away from people...that makes,sense...

It's this sort of ignorance and stupidity that does more to jeopardize the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment than any 'gun control' legislation might do.

Welll...aren't you just Gods gift to the 2nd Amendment...

This happens everyday in the U.S. Someone attracts the attention of a stalker and there is not that much that the government can do to protect you...so we go to one of the 4 reasons to own and carry a gun...Government Neglect. Now, those government agents, in this case the police, may very well want to help you with your situation...they just can't...they don't have the resources and they are hemmed in by the law...which works to the advantage of a stalker.

This is a look at the case of the Dartmouth student who wants to carry a gun on campus because she has a very real stalker who is already a convicted felon, has been arrested and found to have a "rape" kit in his possession...and may be released from custody in 8 months even if convicted of stalking the victim...

Geraldo Rivera makes a complete mess of the Taylor Woolrich case on Fox News - Crime Prevention Research Center

Regarding background checks, Geraldo apparently doesn’t realize that Bennett is already a convicted felon because of his previous violation of the restraining order. It is illegal for him to obtain a gun as a convicted felon, but despite background checks in California that already cover everything that the Brady Campaign and President Obama have been asking for, Bennett was still able to illegally obtain guns. The background checks that Geraldo offers as a solution to these problems didn’t stop Bennett from obtaining weapons. In addition, Bennett is much taller and stronger than Taylor. Despite his age, he apparently works out with weights regularly and is in very good shape. Taylor has legitimate concerns for her safety even if Bennett didn’t have a gun. Note that the rape kit in Bennett’s car had other weapons besides a rape kit and that only a tiny percent of rapes are committed with a gun...

According to the prosecutors in Taylor’s case, the absolute most that Bennett will actually have to serve is 8 months. Note that during the over four years of stalking that he has engaged in, Bennett has already done two different stints in prison and gotten out to stalk her yet again.

4) Geraldo also doesn’t know the timing of Taylor’s requests to have a gun on campus. She asked this past year for a gun after Bennett had sent her various emails and texts. Bennett was out of prison when she asked for the ability to have a gun.

Okay, for the anti-gunners out there...what is this woman supposed to do...the police cannot give her 24/7 protection, the stalker is bigger, stronger and capable of getting edged weapons, clubs...and even illegal guns...

Please...tell me...what is she supposed to do? (this is highlighted simply to focus attention on this question)

While I agree with the main point of your post, I have to take issue with your claim of Government Neglect.

Unless the man has actually committed the crime, he is innocent until proven guilty and enjoys the same freedoms that every citizen does.

For it to be governmental neglect, they would have to be ABLE to do something and ignore the problem.

And as for the gov't being "hemmed in", that is hardly what is happening. The gov't is not allowed to prosecute someone for a crime they have not commited.

But the girl should be able to carry a gun.

Yeah, I guess a better way to phrase it would be a case of...government unable to protect...which would be a main reason to own and carry a gun...

So a person has to wait and find out if they're being stalked first?

Then and only then should they be allowed to carry a gun?

Hmmm...well...as a liberal democrat...who one would think is voting for liberal democrats...you are voting for the very people who are,working 24/7 to make sure this woman can't even own a gun much less carry it against a stalker...

so...you say you have no problem with her carrying a gun but vote for those who will take guns away from people...that makes,sense...

I have never in my life voted for anyone who would take away anyone's gun.

Get all your news from AM radio?

gov neglect or gov unable to protect , I object to both thoughts , concepts . How big would police forces / nanny forces have to be in order to nanny everyone in the USA ??

So a person has to wait and find out if they're being stalked first?

Then and only then should they be allowed to carry a gun?

You guys on the Right have definitely been reading too many NRA pamphlets. I live in the AZ desert, and I wear a 9MM when I ride my motorcycle in the desert. I do not wear it to the bank to make a deposit, to Starbucks for coffee, or to the airport, to make a political point. Those tasks, we leave to the looney Right, who are bend on fighting off evil wherever it may be, because maybe the Batmobile has a flat tire...

well...the bat mobile would be nice...but in the real world...like in Milwaukee Wisconsin...you may have,to wait an hour for the police to arrive...kind of a long time when you are about to be stabbed, raped, beaten, robbed, or murdered...Don't you think...

The Sheriff Who Dared To Ask For Help | The Daily Caller

Sheriff Clarke began speaking out about gun rights after he saw that the police were struggling to effectively protect the people of Milwaukee. The average response time for 9-1-1 calls in the city of Milwaukee had grown to nearly an hour.

“If people have to wait an hour for help, then they have to be able to protect themselves until the good guys arrive,” Clarke says.

With budgets being cut, Sheriff Clarke had to reduce his force. The same thing has been happening with the Milwaukee Police Department. Given this situation, Sheriff Clarke decided to ask the residents of Milwaukee County for help. He went to a radio studio and recorded a series of public-information spots.

You can add Chicago, Detroit, and many other cities,governed by democrats to the list...

Last edited:
reduce those forces, ok with me . Milwaukee has been bad in many areas since the 60s according to my wife that grew up there . Sherriff Clark is a good guy , pro gun and pro Rights if he's the guy i'm thinking of . Deeetroit Sherriff or top cop has also recently been talking pro self defense if I'm not mistaken . Not a reply to anyone , just a comment on Milwaukee , Sherriff Clark and Deeetroit since I see them mentioned .

You guys on the Right have definitely been reading too many NRA pamphlets. I live in the AZ desert, and I wear a 9MM when I ride my motorcycle in the desert. I do not wear it to the bank to make a deposit, to Starbucks for coffee, or to the airport, to make a political point.

Wow, that is pretty good...so you can tell in advance wether or not you will be a target of a violent, criminal attack? That is so cool. Unfortunately, there are a lot of other people who do not have that ability...like the parents and staff at the Sandy Hook school...or...the family that was followed home from the grocery store...where the violent monsters raped the mother, and 2 daughters after beating the husband with baseball bat and then burned the mother and daughters to deAth in their house...or the people sitting down to dinner at Luby's cafe...you know, when the monster crashed his pickup through the front window, got out and started killing people with guns...in the "gun free" zone...or the people on the Long Island train when the monster pulled out guns and started shooting passengers...

Or the woman running on the running path who was violently beaten by a monster...or the couple who had their apartment attacked by two monsters who assaulted the woman and violently beat the boyfriend...that one was on that new show NY Med...or the college girl raped at gun point, again in the gun free zone, 50 feet away from the college police station...which was closed for the night...she left her gun at home because she is a law abiding citizen and followed the law about gun free zones...

if only they had your ability to know when they were going to be attacked...

Have you thought of setting up a command center where you could look at a map of the U.S. And tell police where violent attacks are going to occur...that would be big help...

Last edited:
You guys on the Right have definitely been reading too many NRA pamphlets. I live in the AZ desert, and I wear a 9MM when I ride my motorcycle in the desert. I do not wear it to the bank to make a deposit, to Starbucks for coffee, or to the airport, to make a political point.

Wow, that is pretty good...so you can tell in advance wether or not you will be a target of a violent, criminal attack? That is so cool. Unfortunately, there are a lot of other people who do not have that ability...like the parents and staff at the Sandy Hook school...or...the family that was followed home from the grocery store...where the violent monsters raped the mother, and 2 daughters after beating the husband with baseball bat and then burned the mother and daughters to deAth in their house...or the people sitting down to dinner at Luby's cafe...you know, when the monster crashed his pickup through the front window, got out and started killing people with guns...in the "gun free" zone...or the people on the Long Island train when the monster pulled out guns and started shooting passengers...

Or the woman running on the running path who was violently beaten by a monster...or the couple who had their apartment attacked by two monsters who assaulted the woman and violently beat the boyfriend...that one was on that new show NY Med...or the college girl raped at gun point, again in the gun free zone, 50 feet away from the college police station...which was closed for the night...she left her gun at home because she is a law abiding citizen and followed the law about gun free zones...

if only they had your ability to know when they were going to be attacked...

Have you thought of setting up a command center where you could look at a map of the U.S. And tell police where violent attacks are going to occur...that would be big help...

Yeah, the paranoids will get you every time....

owning and carrying a gun for self defense is not a matter of paranoia, it is simply recognizing that although for most people, they will never experience a violent criminal attack, there are 11,000 people each year who do and lose their lives because of it. These people who carry a weapon also realize that you don't know when that day will happen, if ever, but simply walking around with a tool on your hip is a small precaution to take. Most people will never have their home burn down...In my life I have known at least three people who have had this happen...so I have,smoke detectors my home.

I would ask...can you guarantee that I will never be the victim of a violent crime? Or that I won't have a family member be the victim of a violent criminal attack?

If no, then why would you deny me or anyone else the tool that is most efficient at dealing with that attack?

the answer...you prefer that we suffer that attack if it comes rather than allow us to stop it with a gun...right? that is your position...right?

owning and carrying a gun for self defense is not a matter of paranoia, it is simply recognizing that although for most people, they will never experience a violent criminal attack, there are 11,000 people each year who do and lose their lives because of it. These people who carry a weapon also realize that you don't know when that day will happen, if ever, but simply walking around with a tool on your hip is a small precaution to take. Most people will never have their home burn down...In my life I have known at least three people who have had this happen...so I have,smoke detectors my home.

I would ask...can you guarantee that I will never be the victim of a violent crime? Or that I won't have a family member be the victim of a violent criminal attack?

If no, then why would you deny me or anyone else the tool that is most efficient at dealing with that attack?

the answer...you prefer that we suffer that attack if it comes rather than allow us to stop it with a gun...right? that is your position...right?

I suggest that you carry a steel umbrella to protect yourself against a meteorite strike. Also, you might want to consider a lightening rod in the other hand.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back