Rebublicans here in NC want t charge people by the mile to drive

It's an old idea, brought to you by liberals.

Ever since hybrids came along and people started spending a lot less on fuel, libs had to come up with a way to make up for the lost tax revenue.

But regardless of who is pushing it, I don't see how it can be enforced easily.

A bill proposed by the GOP, but it's "da libs" fault :lol:

It's unreal how stupid you right wingers are :cuckoo:

they have been talking about this in my State for quite a few years BL.....and wasnt the Republicans doing the proposing.....

Just curious, why are you blaming this on Republicans? I'm not saying they don't like their taxes too, but your link made NO mention of political parties.

Further, this decision on taxing by the mile falls to the Department of Transportation Board, a 19 member committee. You have some evidence these guys are Republicans?

The OP links specifically mentions the legislature is dominated by the GOP, and the Governor is a Republican.

Yes, he added that link after the fact. Okay, fair enough. The Board is hearing this, but I suspect the legislature would have to approve a new tax. Just didn't seem to a Republican thing specifically.

And as I stated, I'm no Republican nor fan of either party of big government.

The republicans have solid majority here in NC since 2011 , (the first time in 100 years) the state house and governorship they are pushing through all kinds of fees without calling them taxes

The OP links specifically mentions the legislature is dominated by the GOP, and the Governor is a Republican.

Yes, he added that link after the fact. Okay, fair enough. The Board is hearing this, but I suspect the legislature would have to approve a new tax. Just didn't seem to a Republican thing specifically.

The republicans have solid majority here in NC since 2011 , (the first time in 100 years) the state house and governorship they are pushing through all kinds of fees without calling them taxes

nothing new....we get the same shit out here.....these guys would tax how many shits you drop if they were able too....

There's only one party you can be sure wouldn't raise taxes, or fees, and it doesn't start with D or R...

Problem with charging by the mile is that it doesn't account for out of state drivers. With a gas tax, even out of state drivers contribute to NC roads when they buy gas in the state. Also, what if I am doing most of my driving in other states and only register my car in NC?

While the idea would force those hybrid-driving liberals to pay their fair share, it seems inequitable since rural folks have to drive much more to attend to daily business. Of course that could mandate moving into government housing (hives) in urban areas.

Still, even in super-leftist Oregon, the same idea got shot down real fast. Methinks by libs who didn't want to pay their fair share for using their Prius (or as it's called in Oregon, their "Pious").

Are you the arbiter of "fair share?" How did you come to that position? And what is the fair share of the ultra wealthy. That seems to be the subject of much debate.

Forum List

Back