Red-handed: Associated Press caught inserting “assault rifle” into Alabama hostage st

You asked a question.
I gave the answer and relieved you of a tiny tiny tiny fraction of your ignorance.
You are welcome.
I didn't bring it up, fool, and I didn't ask a question.
This is a lie.
Post # 55
How are you going to chamber a .22 long rifle in an M-16?
Your ignorant, dishonest ass is now back on ignore.

Post #47

I guess you want to continue sounding stupid
An AR 15 is not a military rifle. they aren't issued by the military.
And yes you can take a 22 long and shoot (it) through an M16

I didn't bring it up, dumbass!

How are you going to chamber a .22 long rifle in an M-16?
Just when I thought you were as ignorant as ignorant could be - you prove me wrong.
AR-15 .22 LR Conversion Kit Jonathan Arthur Ciener Inc. Includes 10 Round Magazine

Did anyone say anything about redoing the chamber, or did they say you can shoot a .22 long in an M-16.

Stop it I can't take the laughing at you anymore. The chamber isn't changed the only thing that is changed is the bolt assembly and the magazine.

I didn't bring it up, fool, and I didn't ask a question.
This is a lie.
Post # 55

Your ignorant, dishonest ass is now back on ignore.

Post #47

I guess you want to continue sounding stupid
An AR 15 is not a military rifle. they aren't issued by the military.
And yes you can take a 22 long and shoot (it) through an M16

I didn't bring it up, dumbass!

If you're going to quote something use the quote function here's what you said

Why wouldn't I know what an assault rifle is, dumbass, I've owned them? Assault weapons that get banned are spelled out in the laws that ban them, so there is no confusion about what they are, except in your limited mind, Sassyquatch!

What's the difference between a Ruger 10/22, and an Ar-15, besides their obvious cosmetic differences?

An AR-15 doesn't shoot .22 long rifle ammo and a Ruger 10/22 does, unless there is some kind of variant I haven't heard about. There is a lot more lead at a much faster speed with that 5.56 mm ammo. It's much more lethal.

Just when I thought you were as ignorant as ignorant could be - you prove me wrong.
AR-15 .22 LR Conversion Kit Jonathan Arthur Ciener Inc. Includes 10 Round Magazine

Did anyone say anything about redoing the chamber, or did they say you can shoot a .22 long in an M-16.

Stop it I can't take the laughing at you anymore. The chamber isn't changed the only thing that is changed is the bolt assembly and the magazine.

Thanks for letting the world know a .22 long is a rim and not center fired bullet! You are a real savior for pointing out the most obvious bullshit in the world.

I was just easily pointing out it couldn't be taken and chambered.

Thanks for letting the world know a .22 long is a rim and not center fired bullet! You are a real savior for pointing out the most obvious bullshit in the world.

I was just easily pointing out it couldn't be taken and chambered.

Dumb ass that has nothing to do with the chamber size?
Change the bolt carrier and use an adapted magazine and you can shoot a 22 long in an M16. Are you trying hard to look stupid or is this normal for you?

Red-handed: Associated Press caught inserting “assault rifle” into Alabama hostage standoff​

Written By: Bob
Feb• 01•13

Jimmy Lee Dykes has no business having firearms. A violent Vietnam vet with PTSD who beat a neighbor’s dog to death, threatened to shoot school children, and did shoot into an occupied vehicle, that Dykes wasn’t already incarcerated is a complete failure of the mental health and criminal justice system in this nation. All that happened before he murdered a school bus drive and took a 5-year-old hostage earlier this week in an on-going standoff.

In reading up on the hostage situation today, however, I caught an edit to the established facts (my bold below).

Here’s the current Associated Press report:

Dykes was known in the neighborhood as a menacing figure who neighbors said once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and an assault rifle.​

Here’s the earlier story:

Dykes was known around the neighborhood as a menacing figure who once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and a shotgun.​

Yes, the Associated Press has been caught red-handed changing “shotgun” to “assault rifle” in their reporting.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Red-handed: Associated Press caught inserting ?assault rifle? into Alabama hostage standoff « Bob Owens

This is pretty ridiculous, they need to surface a very good reason for his edit.....NBC has had several outright dishonest edits., if no one seems to be paying a price for any I this, it will escalate.

Red-handed: Associated Press caught inserting “assault rifle” into Alabama hostage standoff​

Written By: Bob
Feb• 01•13

Jimmy Lee Dykes has no business having firearms. A violent Vietnam vet with PTSD who beat a neighbor’s dog to death, threatened to shoot school children, and did shoot into an occupied vehicle, that Dykes wasn’t already incarcerated is a complete failure of the mental health and criminal justice system in this nation. All that happened before he murdered a school bus drive and took a 5-year-old hostage earlier this week in an on-going standoff.

In reading up on the hostage situation today, however, I caught an edit to the established facts (my bold below).

Here’s the current Associated Press report:

Dykes was known in the neighborhood as a menacing figure who neighbors said once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and an assault rifle.​

Here’s the earlier story:

Dykes was known around the neighborhood as a menacing figure who once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and a shotgun.​

Yes, the Associated Press has been caught red-handed changing “shotgun” to “assault rifle” in their reporting.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Red-handed: Associated Press caught inserting ?assault rifle? into Alabama hostage standoff « Bob Owens

This is pretty ridiculous, they need to surface a very good reason for his edit.....NBC has had several outright dishonest edits., if no one seems to be paying a price for any I this, it will escalate.

Yeah, it's pretty shameful and then they have their useful idiots who try and defend this type of dishonesty. But when they are led by the likes of Obama and the Clintons it's pretty understandable.

How can right-wingers be that stupid? Those articles are based on interviews with the neighbors and I posted a video where one neighbor mentions both a shotgun and rilfe.

How can you and the left be so stupid when the entire term "Assault Rifle" is used incorrectly for media effect. It's nothing but bullshit coming out of your suck.

How can you and the left be so stupid when the entire term "Assault Rifle" is used incorrectly for media effect. It's nothing but bullshit coming out of your suck.

I've been through the history of the term with you nay sayers. I had an assault weapon long before any ban. The term originated to sell weapons.

The edits involve how the story evolved with new information and idiots on this site are contradicting neighbors who were witnesses.

The guys service record doesn't say anything about him being in Vietnam. This nut was shooting animals that touched his property. He isn't someone to defend, he's a fucking nut. He just has a lot of the same characteristics as many of the posters on this site. I've told you people you should get your heads out of your asses and stop this nonsense of claiming the government is after your guns. It will push a nutcase over the edge.

It appears he went to that school bus to get two boys for some reason. The bus driver protected the boys and was killed. Dykes knew he was in trouble and took a child as a hostage. He was suppose to go to court the next day and that pressure may have put him over the edge. Maybe he thought he would have his guns taken from him or whatever. The idiot was shooting at his neighbors. He killed a neighbor's dog with a lead pipe.

LOL, another one of your left-spin lies, I am not defending the guy. People are saying (and correctly so) that people like you and those left-wing nutters in the media lie like little bitches. Oops, you were just caught lying again! Dumb ass.

LOL, another one of your left-spin lies, I am not defending the guy. People are saying (and correctly so) that people like you and those left-wing nutters in the media lie like little bitches. Oops, you were just caught lying again! Dumb ass.

I posted a video of the woman across the street who had her dog killed and called animal cruelty on Dykes. She said he had a shotgun and a rifle at two different times during the interview and involving two different incidences. So what proof do any of you have that he didn't and the article is a lie?

I posted a video of the woman across the street who had her dog killed and called animal cruelty on Dykes. She said he had a shotgun and a rifle at two different times during the interview and involving two different incidences. So what proof do any of you have that he didn't and the article is a lie?

Was it an assault rifle? No it wasn't. OMG RUN IT's A BLACK SCARY LOOKING BANG BANG!

If Dubya knew half as much as he thinks he does he would be a freaking genius. I have never seen so many stupid posts on this forum until he showed up.
The forum -is- decidedly dumber after he started posting.
:cuckoo:

Group IQ lost 10 points...

Intelligence has nothing to do with you clowns. You only show a limited knowledge of firearms and constantly correct others based on your limited knowledge and lazy habits of not reading what is being said. Your kind tells people things like when you change a center fired weapon to a rim fired, you have to change the bolt. What does that have to do with why the subject was brought up and refuted?

It's usually done to go off on some tangent and avoid the subject of the thread. In this case, it was to avoid statements that Dykes did in fact have both a shotgun and rifle. I pointed that out very early in the thread, while you idiots were wanting the FCC contacted to handle written internet material. That's kinda dumb too. You can write anything you want on the internet and the FCC isn't involved. There is no law against posting lies on the internet and you people of all people should know that.

The forum -is- decidedly dumber after he started posting.
:cuckoo:

Intelligence has nothing to do with you clowns. You only show a limited knowledge of firearms and constantly correct others based on your limited knowledge and lazy habits of not reading what is being said. Your kind tells people things like when you change a center fired weapon to a rim fired, you have to change the bolt. What does that have to do with why the subject was brought up and refuted?

It's usually done to go off on some tangent and avoid the subject of the thread. In this case, it was to avoid statements that Dykes did in fact have both a shotgun and rifle. I pointed that out very early in the thread, while you idiots were wanting the FCC contacted to handle written internet material. That's kinda dumb too. You can write anything you want on the internet and the FCC isn't involved. There is no law against posting lies on the internet and you people of all people should know that.

Intelligence has nothing to do with you clowns. You only show a limited knowledge of firearms and constantly correct others based on your limited knowledge and lazy habits of not reading what is being said.

Thing is you've shown none and I've shot down everything you have posted.

Intelligence has nothing to do with you clowns. You only show a limited knowledge of firearms and constantly correct others based on your limited knowledge and lazy habits of not reading what is being said.

You couldn't shoot down a fly in your bathroom with a hydrogen bomb. It's always false victory claims for a born loser like you.

You couldn't shoot down a fly in your bathroom with a hydrogen bomb. It's always false victory claims for a born loser like you.

Your klan argument went down
your gun control about argument saying gun control wasn't first used against black shot down
Your argument against AK's and the M16 shot down.

Forum List

Back