Red-pilled Blue-pilled Coconut-pilled

Procrustes Stretched

This place is nothing without the membership.
Dec 1, 2008
New Phenomena is here and many are as yet unaware. Some might mock it. Others may chose to simply ignore it. But it is here and it's been growing. Since Harris stepped up after Biden's withdrawals it has become a phenomena. Where it's going I'm not sure, but it looks like it's headed in the direction of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D.C.

Kamala coconut pilled.png

I Was a Kamala Harris Skeptic. Here’s How I Got Coconut-Pilled.​

My skepticism about Harris surprised me at the time, because her background is a lot like mine: an ambitious biracial, bicultural Black woman of a certain age in a highly competitive line of work that historically hasn’t been welcoming to people who look like us. I admired her accomplishments. I had no doubt I would enjoy having a cocktail with her. But as a candidate, she just didn’t impress me, and if I had strong feelings about Joe Biden choosing her as his running mate, I have long since forgotten them.

And so it has taken me quite by surprise to find that I have become coconut-pilled. That’s the new nomenclature for converts to the Harris 2024 fold — a phrase that comes from her mother, and that I’ll dig into later. But I want to be candid about something first: I’m a little embarrassed to be rooting for any politician.
“You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?” Vice President Kamala Harris said last year at a White House event, chuckling as she quoted her mother. “You exist in the context of all in which you live and what came before you.”

Perhaps it was the way she laughed at herself, or the way a folksy saying took a sudden philosophical turn. Whatever the reason, over a year later it has become the line that launched a thousand memes.

Perhaps it was the way she laughed at herself, or the way a folksy saying took a sudden philosophical turn. Whatever the reason, over a year later it has become the line that launched a thousand memes.

On social media platforms including X and Instagram, some users have added coconut and palm tree emojis to their bios and beside their handles, referring to the speech. Clips of Ms. Harris speaking have been remixed into pop songs by artists like Charli XCX and Chappell Roan, and they have spread widely across TikTok.

It’s the latest iteration of a longtime online fandom around Ms. Harris, sometimes known as the KHive

Reminds me of Joe and Brandon thing

Biden holy glare mopped floor.jpg

Yep! Another in the endless series of fail threads from the dainty.

Kamalalala speaks some dullard shit about her mama and coconuts — and her gibberish gets praised by the unthinking sheep of the Democrat Parody.
YouAgain

Gibberish.

note: This place is nothing without the membership.​

Weird and Gibberish

Forum List

Back