Reforming Islam

True...but I was actually thinking of the US Constitution and American Muslims.
US law is based on Judeo-Christian morals and values.

Over time, due to changing demographics, laws compatible with Islam could also be incorporated into our legal system. .... :cool:

Disagree - the Constitution is not really based on Judeo-Christian morals and values. There is nothing about personal freedom or individual rights in Christianity and nothing on equality. It was deliberately seperated from accepted church doctrine at the time. What religious laws we had, have been either removed or are unenforced.

securitycouncil.jpg

No...they were based on English common law.
English Common law was Bible based. ...... :cool:

English common law is thought to be based on Norman law (Normandy) brought in via the Norman conquests. Norman law descends from the of the Franks and the Vikings. Nothing in the legal system is biblical at all.

All the posters here that are Muslim, keep discussing. The rest of you, including me, have no business messing about in another's religion. Unless you're Muslim, Paint My House, that was a pretty arrogant OP. But popular, I see.

All the posters here that are Muslim, keep discussing. The rest of you, including me, have no business messing about in another's religion. Unless you're Muslim, Paint My House, that was a pretty arrogant OP. But popular, I see.

I think it's an interesting discussion - which is why I would like to hear from someone who is muslim what reformation would be.

So only those of a faith can debate said faith? That's not how it works.

And you don't have to be of a faith to know a faith. Just because we call it religion doesn't mean it's sacred, or protected.

English common law is thought to be based on Norman law (Normandy) brought in via the Norman conquests. Norman law descends from the of the Franks and the Vikings. Nothing in the legal system is biblical at all.
The vikings became christians between the 8th and 12th century. ..... :cool:
Sigh:

English Law
The system of law that has developed in England from approximately 1066 to the present.

The body of English law includes legislation, Common Law, and a host of other legal norms established by Parliament, the Crown, and the judiciary. It is the fountain from which flowed nearly every facet of U.S. law during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.

Many of the concepts embodied in the U.S. Constitution—such as the separation and delegation of powers between three branches of government and the creation of an elective national assembly representing the will of the people—trace their roots to English law. Fundamental legal procedures applied in the U.S. civil and criminal justice systems also originated in England. The jury system, for example, slowly matured into its modern form over several hundred years of English history. The antecedents of many substantive areas of U.S. law, including the ubiquitous system of state and federal taxation, may be found in English history as well.
English common law

The vikings became christians between the 8th and 12th century. ..... :cool:

And...?
Christianization of Scandinavia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Normans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both groups brought their brand of Christianity to the Britons.......which included their religious laws.

To deny that Europe / American law doesn't have its roots in Christianity is absurd. ..... :cool:

Forum List

Back