Regal Cinemas is now inspecting all bags before screenings. ..

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Regal Cinemas is now inspecting all bags before screenings. ..according to them it is solely for your safety.
However, other train of thought is to keep people from smuggling candy and drinks into the theater. I guess even at $5 for a box of candy the Regal Snack bars must be hard up for money,
So go ahead and submit to their searches or better yet patronize another movie chain.

U.S.’s largest movie theater chain begins inspecting bags following recent shootings

What a bullshit move. They're inspecting bags ... who brings bags into the movie theater? Women have purses so that's what they're searching. Yeah, cause the few shootings (horrid but rare) were done by women. Some pimply faced kid is rooting around my shit? Nope. We have cc in my county, anyway. Besides, if I was a loon I'd keep a gun elsewhere on my person. Are they gonna start frisking people next? They won't get my business until they knock it off.

Yes...I am sure that this policy will stop the next mass shooter...considering the Colorado theater shooter walked in the front door...after leaving his guns outside an emergency door.....so they can search people all they want...the killers just laugh......

Very interesting! I still go to our local theater a few times a year -- and it is Regal Cinemas -- but there is no way I would submit to that! If their security issues are that much of a problem, I'll wait till it comes out for home viewing. Do you know if they give a refund if the customer won't submit to being searched?

Also, I wonder how to find out if our local theater is doing it. I'd want to call beforehand and just not go if they are getting up to that sort of thing.

Regal Entertainment Group – Corporate policy bans guns at every location; expect to see a “no guns” sign at the entrance.

Riiiiiight.....

THAT will cause more shootings. What morons, how do they not know that the bad guys and loons love their victims unarmed??
I largely ignore those signs. I do leave my firearm in the car whenever I have to go into the courthouse (which has a metal detector). And the nursing home where Mrs. H. works.

I think the next time I go to the courthouse I'll check my firearm with the cop on duty, just to see his reaction. :lol:

Regal Entertainment Group – Corporate policy bans guns at every location; expect to see a “no guns” sign at the entrance.

Riiiiiight.....

-- And what are the chances, once you're in there, that the movie features and endless orgy of actors dodging bullets....

What a supremely fucked up culture.

So let's see ---- movie going is now so dangerous that they have to search us, because it's too dangerous to let a lot of strangers sit together in the dark. There IS something to that. The fact that it's dark probably is one reason the killers have been choosing movies. Dark, lots of people to kill, easy to get away, very attractive to a homicidal maniac. We are all starting to "cocoon" at home, carefully in privacy, for a reason.
They are mainly searching women, because that's who it's easiest to search. Like TSA does, searching elderly women in wheelchairs. Not because that's where they find guns and bombs, but because old women in wheelchairs are easy. Women, of course, have never shot up a movie theater.

I see the movie theater industry dying now, finally: this searching is a death knell. Who is really going to put up with it? Older people won't. There have already been negotiations this summer to release movies much sooner for home viewing. I doubt it will be a year before movies skip the theaters altogether and release direct to the public: movie-going killed by disruptive technologies and insane violence in the society.

I recently went to see The Wizard of Oz and Jaws on the big screen. They showed them for their anniversaries. Wonderful, never saw Oz that way, only on tv. Both were the original presentation, nothing digitally remastered. Both still hold up to this day.

I recently went to see The Wizard of Oz and Jaws on the big screen. They showed them for their anniversaries. Wonderful, never saw Oz that way, only on tv. Both were the original presentation, nothing digitally remastered. Both still hold up to this day.
Maybe not "remastered" but they were digitized. Unless you went to an independent theatre.

Maybe not "remastered" but they were digitized. Unless you went to an independent theatre.

Probably, but they looked exactly the same (esp Jaws) as when I first saw them many moons ago.

Many concert venues frisk and check bags. And many, if not most, sports stadiums check bags. I guess if you don't like it, you can wait for movies to come out on DVD.

To me, when there is nothing to hide, nobody minds.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
Nothing to hide except for that box of Goobers bought at the drugstore for a buck that sells for 5 in the theater.
Kiss that candy good bye

Many concert venues frisk and check bags. And many, if not most, sports stadiums check bags. I guess if you don't like it, you can wait for movies to come out on DVD.
Which once again is wrong. The whole concept is saying you are guilty and you must prove your innocent which is 180 degrees out of phase with the American concept of justice.

Forum List

Back