Regal Cinemas is now inspecting all bags before screenings. ..

To me, when there is nothing to hide, nobody minds.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
Nothing to hide except for that box of Goobers bought at the drugstore for a buck that sells for 5 in the theater.
Kiss that candy good bye
I don't like Goobers. Actually I am not a big candy person at all. Maybe once a year, I might get myself a bag of M&Ms, but that is it.

Holly

P.S. Of course that doesn't include Halloween. I don't let go to waste what is left over from what gets handed out to the trick or treaters which is not much.

Let the Maestro show you how it's done.

anigif_enhanced-5777-1411428361-2.gif

Holly
Nobody minds not-hiding something.
What people do mind is having their privacy invaded.
To me, safety should be more important than privacy if it isn't already yet.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

As a famous wise guy said, "Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

This isn't much of a security measure anyway. Who carries bags into a movie theater? Women. Yet shooters, in any setting, are virtually always male.

In this culture women habitually walk around with purses or handbags; men do not. So it would be "normal" for a woman walking into a theater to be carrying some kind of compartment, while a male carrying something into a theater -- a place where there's no reason to carry anything in -- would stand out as suspicious.

Remember that theater shooting in Lafayette less than a month ago? The shooter had no bag. Surveillance video shows him carrying nothing. As others have pointed out here, a gun carrier has plenty of other places to hide a firearm, no bag needed -- which is apparently what he did.

Yet his victims that he killed were both women.

In effect, this policy would be sniffing into women's purses for stuff they're hardly likely to be doing, while a male shooter, his firearm tucked somewhere else, walks right in so he can shoot them. That's adding injury to insult. And coming in the aftermath of that shooting, this Regal policy is basically a case of slamming the barn door after the horse has already left, besides being wrongheaded about its target.

If Regal or other movie theaters genuinely want to address the issue, maybe they should stop running crap films that consist of an endless sensationalist barrage of bullets, car chases and screaming. Do something that actually addresses that cultural cancer directly.

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

As a famous wise guy said, "Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

This isn't much of a security measure anyway. Who carries bags into a movie theater? Women. Yet shooters, in any setting, are virtually always male.

In this culture women habitually walk around with purses or handbags; men do not. So it would be "normal" for a woman walking into a theater to be carrying some kind of compartment, while a male carrying something into a theater -- a place where there's no reason to carry anything in -- would stand out as suspicious.

Remember that theater shooting in Lafayette less than a month ago? The shooter had no bag. Surveillance video shows him carrying nothing. As others have pointed out here, a gun carrier has plenty of other places to hide a firearm, no bag needed -- which is apparently what he did.

In effect, this policy would be sniffing into women's purses for stuff they're hardly likely to be doing, while a male shooter, his firearm tucked somewhere else, walks right in so he can shoot them. That's adding injury to insult. And coming in the aftermath of that shooting, this Regal policy is basically a case of slamming the barn door after the horse has already left, besides being wrongheaded about its target.

If Regal or other movie theaters genuinely want to address the issue, maybe they should stop running crap films that consist of an endless sensationalist barrage of bullets, car chases and screaming. Do something that actually addresses that cultural cancer directly.

and the Colorado theater shooter walked in the front door unarmed, went to the emergency door where he hid his guns on the outside of the theater, armed up, then started shooting......they can't stop these guys......

the next guy will np just get a job in the theater and plant his guns that way.....

Gun grabbing can't stop criminals or mass shooters...

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I guess that I look at things differently because I don't have anything to hide. :) :) :)

Holly

Many concert venues frisk and check bags. And many, if not most, sports stadiums check bags. I guess if you don't like it, you can wait for movies to come out on DVD.

Yeah, they do...and it's totally useless! I was at a concert recently...I could have gone through "security" wearing my Model 29 (by no means a SMALL pistol) in a Maqui rig, and nobody would have known! My wife walked right through with a pair of foot-long stilettos in plain sight; nobody said a word. The dude in front of me had what looked like a Leatherman on his belt...no problem.

Holly
Then I guess you wouldn't mind being strip-searched to get into a movie?

Fuckin' sheep.
If that is what it takes to make those in charge realize that they have placed their focus on an innocent person, well then so be it. I don't have anything to hide unlike them. Asking me to do such a thing would only expose them as the truly stupid people that they would be which they then wouldn't be able to hide once all was said and done. :D :D :D

Holly

For years I wondered why they couldn't show old movie classics in the theatre again. Glad they're doing it. Unfortunately it's only on a Sunday afternoon.

Forum List

Back