🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Religion and Ethics: The Fundamental Questions.

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
If it profit a man more to consider his employees as disposable, should he pursue those additional profits?

If it profit a man more to consider environmental damage done by his production methods a problem for future generations and neighbors, should he reap those additional rewards?

The way in which we treat each other.
The respect we have for the world we share.​

For religion to have value, it must reasonably and concretely answer the fundamental religious and ethical questions facing humanity with answers that reflect some semblance of justice.

In the opinion of this average writer, all three of the religions based on the God of Abraham - Judaism, Christianity and Islam, and all their collective spin-offs, display a history of abject failure in guiding humanity toward just answers to those two simple questions.

The historic evidence says religion has yet to answer the fundamental religious and ethical questions and that cut-throat survival of the fittest continues to rule the day.
The historic evidences says 10,000 years of intense, multiple sourced religion didn't even put a dent in it.​

If you ask me, these problems are better answered by civil laws than by the mysteries of religion.

I tend to agree. Especially since the religion guiding Western 'Civilization' has had the last 6,000 years to come up with a plan.

Epic fail. Epic fail times three, if you count both spin-offs independently, as each having had a shot at taming the human savage and bringing true morality to all classes.

A big, silent lack of answers from 'religion', eh?

That doesn't surprise me, but I feel like it should.

A big, silent lack of answers from 'religion', eh?

That doesn't surprise me, but I feel like it should.

No, it is because your premise is faulty. "Religion" is no more responsible for the environment than "communication." Why heap all of your imaginary ills on the former?

Forum List

Back