🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Religion and Ethics?

WTF are you even talking about? When did I ever pretend not to be Jewish?

You are obviously yet another hateful liberal.
Fine. I granted you the option of either denying being Jewish altogether or being a self-hating Jew. I hereby rescind the former. You're a self-hating Jew who attacks liberals (most Jews) day in and day out. One very sick puppy and clearly proud of it. Happy now?

In reverse that is your argument for your purpose. My argument is that you have to go back several hundred years for you to find a few incidents to come up with a reason for your denigration of Christianity. What else was going on back then? Christians were building hospitals to heal the sick; building schools to teach; they were also working on hospitality. Likely, there was more conversion going on through these efforts than people being tortured. In fact, very little torturing was needed because back in those times it was understood that the masses followed the religion of their leaders--or conquerors. It was the custom of the time. In Asia, Catholics/Christians who didn't convert to Buddhism were slaughtered. Do you make the same argument against Buddhism? Or do you recognize it was the State, not your followers of Buddha that ordered these massacres?

How did the State get people to fight their wars? They assured everyone it was for God. Today, how is the State getting us involved in the war between Russia and Ukraine? In the name of Democracy. The State will always come up with reasons to plod the masses into wars. Fortunately, Christians woke up to the fact they were a handy group to be used and manipulated. Telling the masses, "God wants it" wore out, thus moving on to, "In the name of Democracy."

Meanwhile Catholics/Christians continue to study the Bible for the wisdom it contains regarding living everyday lives. Do you know any of this wisdom? Have you tried being a disciple?
You're just dismissing reality. You can't go by "what have you done for me lately" when it's about your religion.

It came from evil. It is still evil. And it will be evil in the future. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.

Today, what is it Christianity teaches that did not come from Jesus?
The NT was written, at the very earliest 115 AD. Well after Jesus died. But Constantine changed that circa 330 AD. What the NT says has nothing to do with Jesus. It's just a ruler trying to create an army based on Jesus.

Actually, I agree (for the first time) with what the antisemitic, religion-hating leftist said: Jesus did NOT teach Christianity. He taught Jewish values, as he himself was Jewish.

And far as what Christianity teaches that did not come from Jesus, I’d say a LOT. The values - do unto others as you would have them do unto you, for example - are straight from Judaism.
Which is exactly my point. Christianity is rooted in Judaism. Where we part are Jesus' comments that he is One with the Father; that Jesus rose from the dead; or any other incidentals.

Jesus lived a life of baptism (as did Jews); of repenting sins and being assured sins are forgiven; of God's continuing care of His people; of God's spirit being upon us; of teaching others; of healing others. All of these became what are known as the Sacraments of the Church, as we endeavor to follow the life Jesus lived.

I wish Jews could love and admire Jesus, even when they cannot accept he is One with God. He was a courageous man of his time.

Which is exactly my point. Christianity is rooted in Judaism. Where we part are Jesus' comments that he is One with the Father; that Jesus rose from the dead; or any other incidentals.

Jesus lived a life of baptism (as did Jews); of repenting sins and being assured sins are forgiven; of God's continuing care of His people; of God's spirit being upon us; of teaching others; of healing others. All of these became what are known as the Sacraments of the Church, as we endeavor to follow the life Jesus lived.

I wish Jews could love and admire Jesus, even when they cannot accept he is One with God. He was a courageous man of his time.
That's all bullshit Meri. You were borne and bred to believe that way.

You're just dismissing reality. You can't go by "what have you done for me lately" when it's about your religion.
Actually, I am not dismissing anything, but including everything including the parts that you are dismissing. A trunk doesn't make up the elephant. There are more parts. The same is even more true in history.

The NT was written, at the very earliest 115 AD. Well after Jesus died. But Constantine changed that circa 330 AD. What the NT says has nothing to do with Jesus. It's just a ruler trying to create an army based on Jesus.
Incorrect on all accounts.

I'm considering it. At least you're nice.
We have different perspectives, and these perspectives have been formed by our own experiences and choices. I don't believe you are evil, and I am not either. But seriously, if you do see me as evil, you do need to put me far from you. On the other hand, if we are sharing different perspectives, then all is well.

Forum List

Back