🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Religion and Ethics?

Then how can you go the religious route? Science and logic should defy your little golden books. I read those too btw.
I guess it never occurred to me I could only travel one road. Besides science, throw in history and anthropology. My other grandfather introduced me to genealogy when I was ten, which had me delving into history. I came by a love of literature on my own. Put all this together, and the Bible comes alive--and science does play a great part in that. "God kills babies!" is dismissed as a non-sequitur.

Fine. I granted you the option of either denying being Jewish altogether or being a self-hating Jew. I hereby rescind the former. You're a self-hating Jew who attacks liberals (most Jews) day in and day out. One very sick puppy and clearly proud of it. Happy now?
The self-hating Jews are the liberals who side with Omar and Tlaib, and will likely vote for thr antisemite running for DC mayor. Because to liberal Jews, their liberalism trumps their Judaism.

Don't have the time to watch your video just now, but I see it starts with David and Goliath. Want to know something cool about that? That story was about another little boy and it occurred (if I remember correctly) when David was an adult. However, to bring the story alive, the final version put David in the role of the little boy. It was a great literary technique. Would the story be as famous if it was about Asher and Goliath?

Well, I don't understand how you came to your conclusions based on your history. But you are wrong. Jus sayin :)

God does not kill babies, because god doesn't exist. It is humans that believe in religion that kill mothers and babies.

You will do so too, once commanded.

That's the difference between you and me. I never will no matter who tells me to.

Last edited:
Don't have the time to watch your video just now, but I see it starts with David and Goliath. Want to know something cool about that? That story was about another little boy and it occurred (if I remember correctly) when David was an adult. However, to bring the story alive, the final version put David in the role of the little boy. It was a great literary technique. Would the story be as famous if it was about Asher and Goliath?
It's just a made-up story. Would you like to know the origin of it?

Which is exactly my point. Christianity is rooted in Judaism. Where we part are Jesus' comments that he is One with the Father; that Jesus rose from the dead; or any other incidentals.

Jesus lived a life of baptism (as did Jews); of repenting sins and being assured sins are forgiven; of God's continuing care of His people; of God's spirit being upon us; of teaching others; of healing others. All of these became what are known as the Sacraments of the Church, as we endeavor to follow the life Jesus lived.

I wish Jews could love and admire Jesus, even when they cannot accept he is One with God. He was a courageous man of his time.
I think Jesus was basically a good man, who taught Jewish values. I think most Jews feel this way. Where they and I differ from Christians is that we reject the idea that he was, or even claimed to be, the son of G-d. If he did, that is a big departure from Jewish values: all men are equal in the eyes of G-d, and there is nobody that has any supreme aspects other than Him.

I do not believe Jesus intended to start a new religion at all.

Well, I don't understand how you came to your conclusions based on your history. But you are wrong. Jus sayin :)

God does not kill babies, because god doesn't exist. It is humans that believe in religion that kill mothers and babies.

You will do so too, once commanded.
God would never command me to kill anyone because I am incapable of doing so. Nor do I believe He ever issued such a command. Instead we are told, You shall not kill.

I came to my conclusions because I followed the Bible: Seek and you shall find. God Is. I do not walk by faith. I know. And knowing, I am a wholehearted advocate of the verse, "Blessed are they who have not seen, yet believe." There is a reason God rarely shows Himself.

I do not believe Jesus intended to start a new religion at all.
Neither did the Apostles. It just happened that way. From what I understand, at the time of Jesus there were many Jewish sects, the most commonly known were the Essenes, Nazarites, Sadducees, Pharisees, but many more. Early Christianity fit right in for several decades. When the Roman government began to lose it, destroying the Temple, persecuting Christians, it seems Jews had to band more closely together (as did Christians) in order to survive. Jews still saw themselves as a people set apart, whereas Christianity was open to world. And so it went. Jewish sects drew more closely together where as Christians spread further apart.

Change. We are all affected by it. Just differently.

God would never command me to kill anyone because I am incapable of doing so. Nor do I believe He ever issued such a command. Instead we are told, You shall not kill.

I came to my conclusions because I followed the Bible: Seek and you shall find. God Is. I do not walk by faith. I know. And knowing, I am a wholehearted advocate of the verse, "Blessed are they who have not seen, yet believe." There is a reason God rarely shows Himself.
Yes He did. Or at least the Pope at the time commanded it, and all the religious followers followed. And they did it! They killed everyone in their way. That's why you're here. You can't deny that.

Crusades, Inquisition, it's just genocide after genocide.

How many women were burned at the stake because they were "witches"? And gay men burned as faggots to stoke the fire for the woman-burning?

C'mon. How many priests are molesting young boys to this day? And you're probably going to church later to see one of them. Ask them that question...

Yes He did. Or at least the Pope at the time commanded it, and all the religious followers followed. And they did it! They killed everyone in their way. That's why you're here. You can't deny that.
Which Pope are you speaking of? Keep in mind, Catholics don't follow the Pope, they follow Christ. The Pope is to be the servant of the servants of Christ. However, a number of Popes were younger sons of royalty and rulers, put in place to help the State. I am not sure separation of Church and State is all that good for the State, but it has been a great blessing to the Church.

Which Pope are you speaking of? Keep in mind, Catholics don't follow the Pope, they follow Christ. The Pope is to be the servant of the servants of Christ. However, a number of Popes were younger sons of royalty and rulers, put in place to help the State. I am not sure separation of Church and State is all that good for the State, but it has been a great blessing to the Church.
You're still denying the truth.

The reason leftists such as OP are so bigoted against religious people, or the idea of religion itself, is that they want people to follow The State - and not a religion.

It is the same reason Pilate hated Jesus.

Crusades, Inquisition, it's just genocide after genocide.
I believe I may know a great deal more about the Crusades and Inquisitions. You are focused on a single point that is far from the whole story, or even all that accurate. But quickly: Outside the Spanish Inquisition, Inquisitions were a State function, and people begged to go before the Church for an Inquisition because the Church was much more merciful.

Now Spain was entirely different because a single person of the Church was adamant about that, and he alone was responsible for more deaths than any other group, let alone any other person. It is said, that he alone may have topped all other Inquisition deaths in Inquisition history.

The last Inquisition act in Spain was done in 1834. Not that long ago. Sponsored by the Church.

Forum List

Back