🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Religion and Ethics?

You were brainwashed into your religion, just like your parents were, and their parents before.

Let's be honest here. You couldn't have done much research at two.
Little Golden Books were read to me. If God could interact with Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, and Moses, I wanted that interaction, too. My parents thought I was cute, and gently explained God didn't do that any more. I said nothing more to my parents, but I was stubborn. If God could do it then, He could do it now with me. (How stubborn was I? My sister, 15 months younger than I, said the first thing she ever remembers is thinking I was stubborn.)

You were brainwashed into your religion, just like your parents were, and their parents before.
My atheist grandfather and favorite uncle were brain-washed into atheism? Amazing. They never seemed more brainwashed than any of the rest of us. A lot of atheism and different Christian sects in my family.

My atheist grandfather and favorite uncle were brain-washed into atheism? Amazing. They never seemed more brainwashed than any of the rest of us. A lot of atheism and different Christian sects in my family.
You were born into your religion. Your grandfather and uncle made good decisions. I'm atheist, but my daughters were raised Catholic. They also made their choice as adults and are now atheist.

You have no consciousness or any way of determining what is right and wrong, at two years old. So that's bs Meri :)
Who said anything about determining what was right or wrong? I said I was determined God would talk to me just like He did with Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, and Moses. And yes, that was consciousness, but certainly not my first memory.

Little Golden Books were read to me. If God could interact with Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, and Moses, I wanted that interaction, too. My parents thought I was cute, and gently explained God didn't do that any more. I said nothing more to my parents, but I was stubborn. If God could do it then, He could do it now with me. (How stubborn was I? My sister, 15 months younger than I, said the first thing she ever remembers is thinking I was stubborn.)

You do realize you just supported the indoctrination argument don't you?

Well I go by baby dinosaur books. Which apparently you don't believe in.
I don't believe in dinosaurs? News to me. I have always loved the idea that dinosaurs are more akin to birds than to reptiles. No one has been able to answer with certainty whether dinosaurs may have been covered in feathers. Wouldn't that have been cool to see?

You do realize you just supported the indoctrination argument don't you?
My dad was a math teacher. I was also being "indoctrinated" into math. My grandmother and aunt were nurses, so I also was indoctrinated into a lot of science and medicine. Had plenty of math and science toys.

My dad was a math teacher. I was also being "indoctrinated" into math. My grandmother and aunt were nurses, so I also was indoctrinated into a lot of science and medicine. Had plenty of math and science toys.
Did you believe you could talk to numbers too?

I don't believe in dinosaurs? News to me. I have always loved the idea that dinosaurs are more akin to birds than to reptiles. No one has been able to answer with certainty whether dinosaurs may have been covered in feathers. Wouldn't that have been cool to see?
I think they possibly were. OK, just checking to see if you're a 6000 yr earther.

Then how can you go the religious route? Science and logic should defy your little golden books. I read those too btw.

Forum List

Back