🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Religion and Ethics?

lol. not tonight meri... i could go off all night... And maybe I will. But for now, I'm going to go smoke a cigar and have a beer.

In the meantime, this is what I'm listening to

Cigar and a beer at 9 am? You are sounding lovelier by the minute.

You're going on ignore, you fucking ding-loving asshole. I am from Queens, NY. And you are a definitely a POS. You are ignored.

Religion is just a convenient scapegoat for you but it's keeping you from addressing your real problems.
Look closely. Between the time you replied to the antisemite’s post and I did, he went back to edit it with a smack - “NY Jew.”

And I’m not even anywhere near New York.

But what this tells me is that the antisemite is not in America - not unless he’s waking up at 6 or 7 am to have a beer and a cigar. He’s in Europe, and liberalism and antisemitism is really heating up there.

Do you think OP is a Jew? I do agree that liberal Jews are the worst.
So, like tons of other idiots here, you hate on "liberals" all day long, including most Jews, then pretend not to be Jewish. No, the OP has your number. You're a different kind of troll than the dingbat, but a useless, self-hating troll nonetheless.
Nazism is a form of fascism,[2][3][4][5] with disdain for liberal democracy and the parliamentary system. It incorporates fervent antisemitism, anti-communism, scientific racism, and the use of eugenics into its creed.

So, like tons of other idiots here, you hate on "liberals" all day long, including most Jews, then pretend not to be Jewish. No, the OP has your number. You're a different kind of troll than the dingbat, but a useless, self-hating troll nonetheless.
WTF are you even talking about? When did I ever pretend not to be Jewish?

You are obviously yet another hateful liberal.

WTF are you even talking about? When did I ever pretend not to be Jewish? OP is an obvious antisemite - he didn’t even try to hide it - and yet, instead of calling him out on his antisemitism, you accept it and attack the conservative.

You are obviously yet another hateful liberal - happily tolerating antisemitism as long as it comes from a religion-hating liberal, and another show as to why I, as a Jew, am no longer a Democrat.

When was the last time Christians committed those horrors? Was it, perhaps, done at a time when Church and State were intertwined, and now it is more convenient to blame Church other than acknowledge the State was pursuing territory, wealth, and power? Also keep in mind what the administration of any government does (think of Washington DC today) may be far apart from the lives of the masses.
You can't argue that they haven't done it lately, so it's forgiven... That's terrible...

They did it! The reason you believe in Christianity is that your ancestors were murdered by Christians! And they tortured and raped the surviving ancestors to ensure that the forth-coming babies would be raised Christian. And taxed the heck outta them! And here you are today! Arguing that Christianity is the greatest thing ever!

I'm sure if you were alive back then, that you wouldn't feel the same way. You would have to go along with it, but you wouldn't agree with it.

Jews and Muslims also did their genocides in order to promote their religion.

Someone mentioned before about Buddhists and/or Hindu's. I'm pretty confident it happened with those religions as well, but I'm not knowledgeable about it. If I had to choose a religion, it would be Buddhist.

The past is the future. You cannot ignore the past.

It's going to happen again. Religion is just a means to gather an army willing to kill and die, for no other reason than a ruler's wish. With the bullshit promise of an afterlife if you die. :rolleyes:

You can't argue that they haven't done it lately, so it's forgiven...
In reverse that is your argument for your purpose. My argument is that you have to go back several hundred years for you to find a few incidents to come up with a reason for your denigration of Christianity. What else was going on back then? Christians were building hospitals to heal the sick; building schools to teach; they were also working on hospitality. Likely, there was more conversion going on through these efforts than people being tortured. In fact, very little torturing was needed because back in those times it was understood that the masses followed the religion of their leaders--or conquerors. It was the custom of the time. In Asia, Catholics/Christians who didn't convert to Buddhism were slaughtered. Do you make the same argument against Buddhism? Or do you recognize it was the State, not your followers of Buddha that ordered these massacres?

How did the State get people to fight their wars? They assured everyone it was for God. Today, how is the State getting us involved in the war between Russia and Ukraine? In the name of Democracy. The State will always come up with reasons to plod the masses into wars. Fortunately, Christians woke up to the fact they were a handy group to be used and manipulated. Telling the masses, "God wants it" wore out, thus moving on to, "In the name of Democracy."

Meanwhile Catholics/Christians continue to study the Bible for the wisdom it contains regarding living everyday lives. Do you know any of this wisdom? Have you tried being a disciple?

Today, what is it Christianity teaches that did not come from Jesus?
Actually, I agree (for the first time) with what the antisemitic, religion-hating leftist said: Jesus did NOT teach Christianity. He taught Jewish values, as he himself was Jewish.

And far as what Christianity teaches that did not come from Jesus, I’d say a LOT. The values - do unto others as you would have them do unto you, for example - are straight from Judaism.

Forum List

Back