Religious Right Wing Bigots Still Obsessing About Marriage-Get a Life!

I really have to wonder about people who devote their so called lives to trying to deny others what they can take for granted- Specifically marriage. Meet Brian Brown of the National Organization for (Straight ) Marriage who is obsessing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg and who thinks that he can get marriage equality reversed:

Mayor Pete’s Marriage is Bogus and the Trumpified SCOTUS Will Agree, Says Brian Brown | Right Wing Watch

You would have thought that the NOM would have closed up shop after they, and other such organizations got slapped down with the Obergefell decision. But, they are still here. I guess that you have to give them credit for perseverance. Or, is it a religious psychosis manifested by obsessive compulsive focus on other people's marriages. ? Lets see what he has to say:

In a Friday afternoon fundraising email from the National Organization for Marriage, Brown slammed Buttigieg’s marriage as illegitimate: “Mr. Buttigieg may consider himself married to another man, but that relationship is not marriage, and no judicial decree or political act can ever make it so.”

So Brian, suck it up and shut up.....and work on your own life while you're at it .

An OP should be 3-4 paragraphs, link and content.
Edited

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
USMB Rules and Guidelines

TheProgressivePatriot

I don't know Brian Brown, and I have no idea if he has his own life to work on.

However, what he said, is in fact true. There is no marriage between two men and two women, in the Christian world. So regardless of what the pagan crazy people around us say, and no matter how much you hate us for it, the fact remains Buttigieg is not married.

What you think, and what the pagan's opinions are, doesn't matter to us. They are not married. The end.

The fact that Christians are flawed people, doesn't matter.

If you saw a cop, beating and strangling a black person, you would not be on here saying "Yeah, but the black guy raped that girl down the street. He needs to work on his own life before complaining about the cop beating and strangling him".

The fact that other person has flaws, is not a valid argument against whether or not person's claims are true. Marriage is ordained by G-d, as being between a man or a women. As long as faithful Christians exist on the Earth, there will be people who will uphold the standards of G-d.

So you basically have two options... you can either practice what you preach about tolerance, or you will have to kill us. Because we will never back down on this issue. Never. We haven't in the last 2,000 years, and we won't today.
That is quite an unhinged dogmatic rant Bubba. But the fact is that you don't get to decide who is and is not married. The only thing that you get to decide is who you will marry. Buttigieg is indeed married and he is a Christian. Oh and you don't to decide who is a real Christian either.No one is forcing Christians to get gay married, so get over it. Mind your own business and everything will be just fine.

No, I don't get to decide who is a Christian.

You know who does? Jesus Christ.... which is where Christianity came, and it was his disciples that wrote the Bible, which is the basis of Christian faith.

So forget about me, read the Bible. What does Jesus Christ, say about who is a Christian in the Book written in his name? 1 Corr 6:9

Don't you know that evil people won't have a share in the blessings of God's kingdom? Don't fool yourselves! No one who is immoral or worships idols or is unfaithful in marriage or is a pervert or behaves like a homosexual will share in God's kingdom
Seems pretty clear doesn't it. So no, I don't get to decide who is a Christian, but G-d does. And G-d's word says he is not.

If Buttigieg wants a word from the Lord, the Bible has it: Matthew 7:22

Not everyone who calls me their Lord will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only the ones who obey my Father in heaven will get in. On the day of judgment many will call me their Lord. They will say, “We preached in your name, and in your name we forced out demons and worked many miracles.” But I will tell them, “I will have nothing to do with you! Get out of my sight, you evil people!”

That's the words of Jesus himself... who being the Christ, defines what a Christian is, and is not.

35cn35.jpg

As for being married....

Jesus was asked about marriage and said the following in Matthew 19:

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."

Clearly Jesus himself indicates that it was G-d that instituted marriage, and that it was between a male, and a female.

Now if you want to pretend in your pagan world, that Pete is married, that's fine with me. You can believe in the tooth fairy for all I care.

But if you expect me to accept two guys being married... no. "No." is a complete sentence. You can believe whatever you want, but the moment that you expect me to believe in your myths, the answer is "No".

End of story. Game over. Thanks for playing. Have a nice day.

I really have to wonder about people who devote their so called lives to trying to deny others what they can take for granted- Specifically marriage. Meet Brian Brown of the National Organization for (Straight ) Marriage who is obsessing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg and who thinks that he can get marriage equality reversed:

Mayor Pete’s Marriage is Bogus and the Trumpified SCOTUS Will Agree, Says Brian Brown | Right Wing Watch

You would have thought that the NOM would have closed up shop after they, and other such organizations got slapped down with the Obergefell decision. But, they are still here. I guess that you have to give them credit for perseverance. Or, is it a religious psychosis manifested by obsessive compulsive focus on other people's marriages. ? Lets see what he has to say:

In a Friday afternoon fundraising email from the National Organization for Marriage, Brown slammed Buttigieg’s marriage as illegitimate: “Mr. Buttigieg may consider himself married to another man, but that relationship is not marriage, and no judicial decree or political act can ever make it so.”

So Brian, suck it up and shut up.....and work on your own life while you're at it .

Edited

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

TheProgressivePatriot

However, what he said, is in fact true. There is no marriage between two men and two women, in the Christian world. So regardless of what the pagan crazy people around us say, and no matter how much you hate us for it, the fact remains Buttigieg is not married.

What you think, and what the pagan's opinions are, doesn't matter to us. They are not married. The end.

If you saw a cop, beating and strangling a black person, you would not be on here saying "Yeah, but the black guy raped that girl down the street. He needs to work on his own life before complaining about the cop beating and strangling him".

The fact that other person has flaws, is not a valid argument against whether or not person's claims are true. Marriage is ordained by G-d, as being between a man or a women. As long as faithful Christians exist on the Earth, there will be people who will uphold the standards of G-d.

So you basically have two options... you can either practice what you preach about tolerance, or you will have to kill us. Because we will never back down on this issue. Never. We haven't in the last 2,000 years, and we won't today.
That is quite an unhinged dogmatic rant Bubba. But the fact is that you don't get to decide who is and is not married. The only thing that you get to decide is who you will marry. Buttigieg is indeed married and he is a Christian. Oh and you don't to decide who is a real Christian either.No one is forcing Christians to get gay married, so get over it. Mind your own business and everything will be just fine.

You know who does? Jesus Christ.... which is where Christianity came, and it was his disciples that wrote the Bible, which is the basis of Christian faith.

So forget about me, read the Bible. What does Jesus Christ, say about who is a Christian in the Book written in his name? 1 Corr 6:9

Don't you know that evil people won't have a share in the blessings of God's kingdom? Don't fool yourselves! No one who is immoral or worships idols or is unfaithful in marriage or is a pervert or behaves like a homosexual will share in God's kingdom
Seems pretty clear doesn't it. So no, I don't get to decide who is a Christian, but G-d does. And G-d's word says he is not.

Not everyone who calls me their Lord will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only the ones who obey my Father in heaven will get in. On the day of judgment many will call me their Lord. They will say, “We preached in your name, and in your name we forced out demons and worked many miracles.” But I will tell them, “I will have nothing to do with you! Get out of my sight, you evil people!”

That's the words of Jesus himself... who being the Christ, defines what a Christian is, and is not.

View attachment 268630

As for being married....

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."

Clearly Jesus himself indicates that it was G-d that instituted marriage, and that it was between a male, and a female.

Now if you want to pretend in your pagan world, that Pete is married, that's fine with me. You can believe in the tooth fairy for all I care.

But if you expect me to accept two guys being married... no. "No." is a complete sentence. You can believe whatever you want, but the moment that you expect me to believe in your myths, the answer is "No".

Holy shit!! That's all I can say!!

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

View attachment 268630

As for being married....

Very anal of you.

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

View attachment 268630

As for being married....

We agree on something.

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

View attachment 268630

As for being married....

We agree on something.
No we don't.

View attachment 268630

As for being married....

We agree on something.
No we don't.
"That's all I can say"

I agree with you. That's all you can say. Because I'm right, and you have no response.

View attachment 268630

As for being married....

We agree on something.
No we don't.
"That's all I can say"

I agree with you. That's all you can say. Because I'm right, and you have no response.
I have no response to insanity, you're right

View attachment 268630

As for being married....

We agree on something.
No we don't.
"That's all I can say"

I have no response to insanity, you're right

If you need to call the truth, insanity, to make you feel better about your position, by all means. Whatever security blanket will help you sleep at night.

Gays are between 4 to 5% of the population. They are protected by the same laws we are. They need to shut the fuck up accept what their lifestyle brings ( people will always hate you and that violates no law) and get on with their lives.

Don't care if a person is gay or not. I believe the gay lifestyle is a choice and if that is your choice, that is between you and your higher being. It's a choice I don't agree with however it's not my life.

When you claim that the institution of Marriage arbitrarily discriminates against gays, you are making an accusation against the people that developed the institution of marriage.

That is not me.

The claim of "arbitrary" REQUIRES that the restrictions need to be based on purposeful discrimination

The defense only requires that there was a reason for the "restriction" that you see. Arguing that the system was flawed, is a whole different argument, one that should have taken place in the legislature, not the courts.
Oh Christ!! I did not say claim that the "institution of Marriage arbitrarily discriminates" States were discriminating by passing laws to exclude gays from marriage. Present day people and their intent was clear. Give it up, you're being foolish as usual

Don't make me go back and cut and paste your words on this issue.

You have been attacking MARRIAGE as "arbitrary" and "discriminatory".

THe laws being passed by various states was in response to efforts by people like you to arbitrarily change a basic part of our society.

Now, you see the flaw in your argument, that I warned you about, and it is looming large. So you try to walk it back.

Do not make me waste the time of cutting and pasting your words.

Just admit that you were wrong.
More bullshit. I have not attacked "marriage" I have attacked discriminatory laws that excluded same sex people. If I didn't put it exactly that way, sue me. I'm saying it now. I never concerned my self with the origins of marriage and what anyones intent was. That is you obsession.

There is not flaw in my argument. I am on solid legal ground. For your prt, you have no argument except an appeal to tradition.

By the way, I will also point out that while the laws have changed, the institution of marriage and many groups, including religious organizations accept and embrace same sex marriage. You must be living under a rock if you don't know that,

Your walking this back is hardly credible. We've been discussing this issue for 70 pages, and now you suddenly realize that you needed to clarify that you weren't discussing the institution of MARRIAGE, but a few laws far more recently attempted?

This would be a lot more credible if you had said it on page THREE.
Bud, the fact that you did not understand what I was saying is not my problem. You have been nailed to the wall. You have no argument against same sex marriage

I've asked you specific questions on a number of occasions which you have either avoided entirely, or gave some kind of bullshit answer. .....!

Bullshit. You were clear, and I understood you fine. Now that you see though, how your arguments are based on bs, now after 70 pages, you are pretending it was all a misunderstanding.

And you wonder why I say that liberals are dishonest. lol!

You [TheRegressivePervert] have been attacking MARRIAGE as "arbitrary" and "discriminatory".

It's occurred to me that you are having this argument with someone who is so seriously f•••ed up in the head that he accepts “transgenderism” as credible—that he believes that a man can be a woman, and vice versa.

If one rejects the biological distinction between men and women, as this particular mentally-defective freak does, then one must necessarily also reject the unique roles that each sex plays in forming a marriage and a family.

Trying to argue about what marriage is with such a person is futile. He's operating on a false premise that makes it impossible for him to grasp what marriage actually is.

I pressed him enough that he, after 70 pages, is blatantly lying about what he has been saying for 70 pages.

ON some level, he knows that he lost this argument. And that people, even the people pretending to believe his story, know it.

Oh Christ!! I did not say claim that the "institution of Marriage arbitrarily discriminates" States were discriminating by passing laws to exclude gays from marriage. Present day people and their intent was clear. Give it up, you're being foolish as usual

THe laws being passed by various states was in response to efforts by people like you to arbitrarily change a basic part of our society.

Now, you see the flaw in your argument, that I warned you about, and it is looming large. So you try to walk it back.

More bullshit. I have not attacked "marriage" I have attacked discriminatory laws that excluded same sex people. If I didn't put it exactly that way, sue me. I'm saying it now. I never concerned my self with the origins of marriage and what anyones intent was. That is you obsession.

There is not flaw in my argument. I am on solid legal ground. For your prt, you have no argument except an appeal to tradition.

By the way, I will also point out that while the laws have changed, the institution of marriage and many groups, including religious organizations accept and embrace same sex marriage. You must be living under a rock if you don't know that,

Your walking this back is hardly credible. We've been discussing this issue for 70 pages, and now you suddenly realize that you needed to clarify that you weren't discussing the institution of MARRIAGE, but a few laws far more recently attempted?

Bud, the fact that you did not understand what I was saying is not my problem. You have been nailed to the wall. You have no argument against same sex marriage

I've asked you specific questions on a number of occasions which you have either avoided entirely, or gave some kind of bullshit answer. .....!

Bullshit. You were clear, and I understood you fine. Now that you see though, how your arguments are based on bs, now after 70 pages, you are pretending it was all a misunderstanding.

Holy shit! Seriously! After being missing for a couple of days you come back with this shit while editing out the main part of my post that you don't want to deal with.?? Once again, my problem is with present day people who choose to interpret marriage as being exclusively between a man and a woman. I never concerned myself with the origins and purpose of marriage which has been re-interpreted many times over.. Now here are the questions that I asked and that you are avoiding -once again:

I've asked you specific questions on a number of occasions which you have either avoided entirely, or gave some kind of bullshit answer. I'll try again:

1. Can same sex couple function as a family-full fill all necessary roles - and do all of the same things that opposite sex couples do? If no please explain.

2.What negative or unintended consequences has there been for society or for individuals as a result of same sex marriage.

3. You brought up procreation at one point-it was mentioned in that Heritage Foundation rag. Is your opposition to same sex marriage based in part on the fact that two people of the same sex can't produce a child entirely on their own? If so, do you oppose the marriages of opposite sex couples who for whatever reason cannot have a child without some help?

4. Your hung up on traditional gender specific roles and base your opposition to same sex marriage on "men and women being different" because people need to bring complimentary roles to a relationship. Do you also oppose the marriage of opposite sex coupes where -shall we say the woman- does not adhere to traditional female roles.?

5.Here is one more: The institution of marriage has changed many ways over the years from how women are view, to interracial marriage and many other aspects of it. Do you disagree with those changes and think that the institution should remain the same and not evolve, or is it only same sex marriage that you have a problem with? If so why exactly?

Deal with it!!

Holy shit! Seriously! After being missing for a couple of days you come back with this shit while editing out the main part of my post that you don't want to deal with.?? Once again, my problem is with present day people who choose to interpret marriage as being exclusively between a man and a woman. I never concerned myself with the origins and purpose of marriage which has been re-interpreted many times over.. Now here are the questions that I asked and that you are avoiding -once again:

I've asked you specific questions on a number of occasions which you have either avoided entirely, or gave some kind of bullshit answer. I'll try again:.....
Deal with it!!

Yeah, after your massive dishonesty, I'm not finding it in me, to be able to pretend to take your words with any weight what so ever.

I'll check back in a couple of days. Maybe my disappointment in you will recede back to normal levels.

I've asked you specific questions on a number of occasions which you have either avoided entirely, or gave some kind of bullshit answer. I'll try again:.....
Deal with it!!

Yeah, after your massive dishonesty, I'm not finding it in me, to be able to pretend to take your words with any weight what so ever.

I'll check back in a couple of days. Maybe my disappointment in you will recede back to normal levels.
Thank you for capitulating and admitting that you are too much of a coward and a fraud to answer my questions. You seize on one thing that I said where I inadvertently left some room for interpretation, which I then clarified, and use to t call me dishonest and thing that excuses you from explaining yorself

Here are the questions that you need to answer yet again:

1. Can same sex couple function as a family-full fill all necessary roles - and do all of the same things that opposite sex couples do? If no please explain.

2.What negative or unintended consequences has there been for society or for individuals as a result of same sex marriage.

3. You brought up procreation at one point-it was mentioned in that Heritage Foundation rag. Is your opposition to same sex marriage based in part on the fact that two people of the same sex can't produce a child entirely on their own? If so, do you oppose the marriages of opposite sex couples who for whatever reason cannot have a child without some help?

4. You're hung up on traditional gender specific roles and base your opposition to same sex marriage on "men and women being different" because people need to bring complimentary roles to a relationship. Do you also oppose the marriage of opposite sex coupes where -shall we say the woman- does not adhere to traditional female roles.?

5. The institution of marriage has changed many ways over the years from how women are viewed and their status, to interracial marriage and many other aspects of it. Do you disagree with those changes and think that the institution should remain the same and not evolve, or is it only same sex marriage that you have a problem with? If so why exactly?

Last edited:

Deal with it!!

Furthermore...I reiterate. All that you have is your appeal to tradition-clinging to your position that whoever the hell it was that "invented" marriage intended it to be between a man and a women for the purpose of producing children . Then you use that to claim that the courts were wrong to rule that bans on same sex marriage were arbitrary and discriminatory.
Then, instead of dealing with the discriminatory intent of present day lawmakers in passing those bans, you want me to delve into the origins and history of marriage and explore the intent of the ancients. All the while ignoring the real damage that is done to people as the result of the discrimination that you advocate. You have nothing!

Deal with it!!

Thank you for capitulating and admitting that you are too much of a coward and a fraud to answer my questions. You seize on one thing that I said where I inadvertently left some room for interpretation, which I then clarified, and use to t call me dishonest and thing that excuses you from explaining yorself
....?

Clarify after 70 pages of dialog.

You choose to be dishonest. I cant' bring myself to have more respect for your words than you do.

If just once, you had honestly answered my questions, instead of being evasive for 70 pages, we could have moved on to discuss other aspects of this issue.

But you can't give an inch. You are not here to discuss, but to propagandize.

EVERY TIME you post, is a lie, because your intent is to falsely present the possibility of dialog, when there is not one.

Deal with it!!

Furthermore...I reiterate. All that you have is your appeal to tradition-clinging to your position that whoever the hell it was that "invented" marriage intended it to be between a man and a women for the purpose of producing children . Then you use that to claim that the courts were wrong to rule that bans on same sex marriage were arbitrary and discriminatory.
Then, instead of dealing with the discriminatory intent of present day lawmakers in passing those bans, you want me to delve into the origins and history of marriage and explore the intent of the ancients. All the while ignoring the real damage that is done to people as the result of the discrimination that you advocate. You have nothing!

Caring for the children. Children are produced fairly easily. Proper care for them, is far harder.

You ignore the damage done to this country, by people like you, with your divisive tactics.

Deal with it!!

....?

Clarify after 70 pages of dialog.

You choose to be dishonest. I cant' bring myself to have more respect for your words than you do.

If just once, you had honestly answered my questions, instead of being evasive for 70 pages, we could have moved on to discuss other aspects of this issue.

But you can't give an inch. You are not here to discuss, but to propagandize.

EVERY TIME you post, is a lie, because your intent is to falsely present the possibility of dialog, when there is not one.
Wow Dude!! Sounds like you're loosing your shit! You keep accusing me of being evasive and lying while you refuse to answer the questions that I put to you. I have no fucking idea what the question that you claim that I refuse to answer is.

Deal with it!!

Caring for the children. Children are produced fairly easily. Proper care for them, is far harder.

You ignore the damage done to this country, by people like you, with your divisive tactics.
What the fuck are you talking about now? What damage?

Forum List

Back