Remaking Bullit?

What? There are like eight F&F car chase movies now and somehow Bradly copper is going to invent a better mousetrap? Blah.

Bullit was notable because it was the first movie to do it well.

I saw Bullit in the theatres and got carsick during the chase scene. The difference between the Bullitt chase scene and Fast and Furious is there was no CGI in Bullitt. The driving scenes were REAL.

I saw Bullit in the theatres and got carsick during the chase scene. The difference between the Bullitt chase scene and Fast and Furious is there was no CGI in Bullitt. The driving scenes were REAL.
Well duh.

The Mustang Steve McQueen expertly drove in the 1968 movie "Bullitt" was no average sports car.

auto-waarin-steve-mcqueen-reed-in-film-bullitt-brengt-drie-miljoen-op.jpg

Endless hagiographies and tributes were written about the mythical, practically supernatural fastback coupe. Grown men lusted over it. The Highland Green Mustang had achieved legendary status.

So when the world learned in January 2017 that the car, which had vanished from existence decades ago, had survived McQueen, who died in 1980, heartbreak turned into astonishment. The Kiernan family, the car's owner since 1974, had safely tucked it away in a Kentucky barn, far from prying eyes. Now, on Jan. 10, two years after its global debut in Detroit, the Mustang that started a phenomenon and forever changed car culture will go up for sale by Mecum Auctions in Kissimmee, Florida. The market will decide its value (there is no reserve price) and some experts estimate it could easily fetch $4.5 million, a new sales record for a Mustang. The current record-holder is a 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, which was bought for a staggering $2.2 million in 2019.

"I don't need to sell this car," Sean Kiernan, whose father, Bob Kiernan, purchased it in 1974 for $3,500 after seeing an advertisement in Road & Track magazine, told ABC News. "I am OK with any price. But I would like it to be the most valuable Mustang ever."

It fetched 3.5 mllion.

Well duh.

The Mustang Steve McQueen expertly drove in the 1968 movie "Bullitt" was no average sports car.

auto-waarin-steve-mcqueen-reed-in-film-bullitt-brengt-drie-miljoen-op.jpg

Endless hagiographies and tributes were written about the mythical, practically supernatural fastback coupe. Grown men lusted over it. The Highland Green Mustang had achieved legendary status.

So when the world learned in January 2017 that the car, which had vanished from existence decades ago, had survived McQueen, who died in 1980, heartbreak turned into astonishment. The Kiernan family, the car's owner since 1974, had safely tucked it away in a Kentucky barn, far from prying eyes. Now, on Jan. 10, two years after its global debut in Detroit, the Mustang that started a phenomenon and forever changed car culture will go up for sale by Mecum Auctions in Kissimmee, Florida. The market will decide its value (there is no reserve price) and some experts estimate it could easily fetch $4.5 million, a new sales record for a Mustang. The current record-holder is a 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, which was bought for a staggering $2.2 million in 2019.

"I don't need to sell this car," Sean Kiernan, whose father, Bob Kiernan, purchased it in 1974 for $3,500 after seeing an advertisement in Road & Track magazine, told ABC News. "I am OK with any price. But I would like it to be the most valuable Mustang ever."

It fetched 3.5 mllion.

Nice to see that the car is still around.

Both Bullitt and Dirty Harry were based on the same San Francisco detective, Dave Toschi, as was the movie Zodiak, Toschi's most famous case.

Forum List

Back