Remember when Sarah Palin was mocked for predicting Russia would invade Ukraine?

That is something, amazing. If he had not let himself be saddled with Palin, I have no doubt he would have been President, and probably a good one or at least average or better.
Hard to say whether he would have become president with another vP pick. Palin had great appeal to many Republicans, in much the same convoluted way Trump had appeal.

I would see an equal possibility that McCain could have done worse.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

"Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins, Palin warns"​

October 22, 2008, 1:09 PM

Speaking Tuesday at a rally in a Reno, Nevada, Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin had a little fun with her counterpart on the Democratic ticket, thanking Joe Biden for warning Barack Obama’s supporters to “gird your loins” for an international crisis if the Illinois senator wins.
Palin helpfully offered four scenarios for such a crisis, one of which was this strange one:

Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins, Palin warns
Palin's a fucking idiot

Hard to say whether he would have become president with another vP pick. Palin had great appeal to many Republicans, in much the same convoluted way Trump had appeal.

I would see an equal possibility that McCain could have done worse.
Possible. I think picking up Palin is where he lost independents, most thinking her an air head, and inexperienced, flighty, poor decision maker, and not even finishing her only term as Governor. All I can figure is that at that age she looked like she could be a good FOX NEWS babe. Older Republicans seem like suckers for a pretty face.

Palin is an expert on Russian relations

She can see Russia from her house
And when the worse of what gets here happens, Tina Fey and a cast of thousands will receive their just punishments. For she and they have had a say on the suffering we are going through today. No bad deed goes unpunished forever.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

"Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins, Palin warns"​

October 22, 2008, 1:09 PM

Speaking Tuesday at a rally in a Reno, Nevada, Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin had a little fun with her counterpart on the Democratic ticket, thanking Joe Biden for warning Barack Obama’s supporters to “gird your loins” for an international crisis if the Illinois senator wins.
Palin helpfully offered four scenarios for such a crisis, one of which was this strange one:

Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins, Palin warns
Well he did, but Sarah was, imo, just trumpting (-: the McCain line.

I voted for him in the 2000 primary, but by 2008, imo, his time had passed. As had Hillary's by 2016.

Personally, I don't think factual comparisons between Putin's invasion of the Ukraine, and his intentions of overrunning the entire country to set up some kind of puppet state and buffer/zone of econ and military dominance, are really comparable. In Georgia and Moldova .. and in Donbass, Putin was trying to carve out territory that ethnic russians had settled in during the Soviet era. Basically, his argument was borders had been artificially drawn by not accounting for changes from 1939 or even before. The scary thing is that he was using the same argument for the Baltics, and his intentions of controlling the entire Ukraine despite the wish of the Ukranians, who are not Russian and never were, was Plain to Anyone looking.

She can see Russia from her house
You fools will parrot anything you're told to. Useful idiots do have that use.
Here's what Palin actually said:
“They’re our next door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska,” Palin responded.
According to Slate magazine, that’s true – two islands, Big Diomede and Little Diomede, that fall on either side of the maritime border with Russia are visible to one another on a clear day, and the Russian mainland can be seen from high ground on St. Lawrence Island.
Political commentator Ana Navarro poked fun at Sarah Palin Monday, saying the former vice presidential candidate once claimed to be able to see Russia from her house.
Verdict: False
Comedian Tina Fey made the remark while impersonating Palin on Saturday Night Live (SNL). The Christian Science Monitor ranks the expression “I can see Russia from my house!” as one of the top 10 political misquotes of all time.
FACT CHECK: Did Sarah Palin Say, ‘I Can See Russia From My House’?

Possible. I think picking up Palin is where he lost independents, most thinking her an air head, and inexperienced, flighty, poor decision maker, and not even finishing her only term as Governor. All I can figure is that at that age she looked like she could be a good FOX NEWS babe. Older Republicans seem like suckers for a pretty face.
I wouldn't know whether or not independents would be accepting of that airhead. But I think there's a parallel to draw with Trump, the airhead.

She can see Russia, from areas of Alaska.

Her house is NOT one of those areas.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You fell for it…….AGAIN

Can‘t you see it is the same FUCKING thing?
Claiming foreign policy experience because some remote island she has never been to can see an uninhabited Russian island.

God, are you stupid

I am calling you stupid as a poster, not as a Mod
Just so ya know

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You fell for it…….AGAIN

Can‘t you see it is the same FUCKING thing?
Claiming foreign policy experience because some remote island she has never been to can see an uninhabited Russian island.

God, are you stupid

I am calling you stupid as a poster, not as a Mod
Just so ya know

Nice deflection.

and you're a moron for attributing comments from an SNL skit, by Tina Fey, to her.

Especially when you've been corrected on it for over 12 years.

That is the HEIGHT of stupidity.

Forum List

Back