Remember when the left cried and whined about the Patriot act under Bush

I actually thiought obama was going to get rid of it.

the way liberals were standing next to me bitching about it, I was certain whee he ran with the promise it was good as gone when he got elected, it wouldn't last a year.

but he put his name on it

And I actually expected outrage, and was stunned to hear nothing.

that's when I learned that liberals actually care less the reps.

You are a liar.

I remember when people were saying, "If you arent doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" and "Our Government would never do this". I remember people yelling about "The Slippery Slope" and others making fun of them and yelling "Strawman".

Well, our government is doing it, they are going down the slippery slope and Strawman has been burned to the ground.

I was one of those who said, "Our government would never". Man, how stupid was I?

I remember when people were saying, "If you arent doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" and "Our Government would never do this". I remember people yelling about "The Slippery Slope" and others making fun of them and yelling "Strawman".

Well, our government is doing it, they are going down the slippery slope and Strawman has been burned to the ground.

I was one of those who said, "Our government would never". Man, how stupid was I?

I operate under the assumption that there's nothing the government wouldn't do, so long as there's enough time spent normalizing it step by step.

To be fair, a lot of people on the right supported that DUMMY Booosh and his rape of the Constitution.

And so now liberals are continuing this buttfuck of the Constitution because Bush's hips got tired.

You know, Obama could have stood up and said this was wrong, urged congress to repeal it, yet, we hear of this BS going on. So he is he not apart from the problem?

Naive and stupid aren't the same. You learned a valuable lesson.

We are starting a new civil rights movement.

I remember the right saying if you have nothing to hide then why worry and now you all are running around like your head was cut off.

Funny how you think he is doing it worse. He isnt but dont let your partisan get in the way.

The other funny thing is Romney would have done the exact same thing here.

You complained under Bush, that makes you a hypocrite. By the way Obama has upped the ante now demanding all phone records be turned over. I remember some complaint about no court orders for wire taps. Now they don't even need to wire tap they just look up your information.

You deserve the shit storm that is coming.

I remember the right saying if you have nothing to hide then why worry and now you all are running around like your head was cut off.

Funny how you think he is doing it worse. He isnt but dont let your partisan get in the way.

You complained under Bush, that makes you a hypocrite. By the way Obama has upped the ante now demanding all phone records be turned over. I remember some complaint about no court orders for wire taps. Now they don't even need to wire tap they just look up your information.

You deserve the shit storm that is coming.

He wont care about being a hypocrite. No one cares.

But is silent under Obama who is doing the EXACT same thing if not worse .. Why the double standard Lefties ?

Why the double standard from you?

Why didn't Obama stop this? He had all the power in the world to do so. Instead, he uses it to invade the privacy of millions of people. Thing is, nobody can claim the high ground here.

Remember when the left cried and whined about the Patriot act under Bush
No, not really....But I do remember not hearing a peep out of them about the 98-1 vote originally authorizing it, nor when the democratics and their Dear Leader re-authorized it when they had all the stroke....Then there's the roaring silence from them over NDAA.

The police state serves them well when it's their turn to get their grimy mitts on its reins...They are in fact part of the problem.
Remember when the right creamed themselves over the Patriot Act but just NOW decides to cry and whine about it? Hypocrisy my ass :cool:

But no I'm not happy about it under Obama either. At least he didn't create a ridiculously large new Department that would cost taxpayers millions and not do a fucking thing.
The lot of them are hypocritical sacks of shit who support or criticise the patriot act based on who is in power at the moment.

The damned thing is an abomination regardless of who occupies the White House.

But is silent under Obama who is doing the EXACT same thing if not worse .. Why the double standard Lefties ?

i was TOTALLY against it under bush and said so. Of course I was not on this board back then. I think BUSH was wrong and it should have NEVER passed. But the DEMS renewed it in 2010 so they are in charge now and Bush is NO longer president. We CAN NOT change the past but we can change the future!!

Obama has been "worse" than Bush.

That's just the way things go.

Bush pushed the envelope when it came to Executive power - and Obama has pushed it even more. Obama has kept all the power that Bush took for himself as President, and he's pushed it even more.

Just like the next President will do.

Yep, those idiots opened Pandora's box when they gave Shrub imperial powers. Despite all the hand-wringing going on, neither party will do anything to take these powers away.

i was TOTALLY against it under bush and said so. Of course I was not on this board back then. I think BUSH was wrong and it should have NEVER passed. But the DEMS renewed it in 2010 so they are in charge now and Bush is NO longer president. We CAN NOT change the past but we can change the future!!

1st honest non-partisan post I've seen from a conservative on this topic

as a dutiful citizen of obamanation, i emailed him all my passwords, a list of sites i regularly visit, my mother's maiden name and a picture of me in a brown shirt.

:D

1st honest non-partisan post I've seen from a conservative on this topic

then you haven't been looking

Your issue isn’t with Obama or Bush, the PA was passed by a republican Congress, not either president. And it’s republicans in Congress who, for the most part, keep the Act in place, at the behest of fearful American voters, all of whom wouldn’t hesitate for a second to vote out of office any member of Congress accused of being ‘weak on terror.’

I actually thiought obama was going to get rid of it.

the way liberals were standing next to me bitching about it, I was certain whee he ran with the promise it was good as gone when he got elected, it wouldn't last a year.

but he put his name on it

And I actually expected outrage, and was stunned to hear nothing.

that's when I learned that liberals actually care less the reps.

You are a liar.

am not and you know it.

Forum List

Back