Remember when voters didn't validate their party's mistakes?

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Yes there was a time when the voters in the primaries screwed up and nominated people who had no business being in the Presidency, their own voters were the ones to put them down.

1964, Republican voter nominated Barry "Deep Down you know he's nuts" Goldwater. A guy who threatened to turn Vietnam into a parking lot. And the voters looked at it and did THIS.

1964_large.png

Then in 1972, Democrats screwed up and nominated George McGovern, a guy who embraced the Hippy Counter culture.

and we got, this...

1972_large.png

Yes, they realized that LBJ and Richard Nixon were severely flawed candidates, but the alternatives were unacceptable.

Sadly, while Trump WILL lose, he will probably have an electoral map that is pretty close to the 2008 electoral map, when Republicans nominated a war hero who had served his country well.

(Oh wait, trump says he wasn't a war hero!!!)

What does that say about us?

Yep, it creates a sad state of affairs when elected officials put party loyalty over their oaths of office, and Americans would reelect an impeached president, knowing full well he was guilty of the charges brought against him. And it's all gone down hill from there. Regressives proved some people really are above the law, if it protects the party.

No one knows what you are talking about Taxus, Clinton was elected in 1992 and 1996.

Perhaps you are talking about Reagan's criminal activity.

No one knows what you are talking about Taxus, Clinton was elected in 1992 and 1996.

Really? I thought the topic is what has changed about the political landscape that would cause people to support two completely flawed candidates. wild willie was the first impeached and proven criminal candidate to win a presidential election. Regressive senators refused to convict him and remove him, knowing he was guilty. Things have just gone down from there and tens of millions have had a belly full of it.

BTW Reagan was never charged with a crime, much less fined, disbarred and found in contempt of court for perjury.

Your dear leader said he didn't have the constitutional authority to do what he ultimately did on immigration at least 23 times, fortunately three levels of the federal courts agreed with his original assessment. He willfully violated the very thing he swore an oath to protect and defend. He should have been impeached by his own words. Congress didn't do it because they knew full well the regressives in the senate would once again place party ahead of country and their own oaths and would never convict.

The hildabitch should be facing charges, not running for president but once again politics protected her. How do you like the beast you created in the American electorate now?

Really? I thought the topic is what has changed about the political landscape that would cause people to support two completely flawed candidates. wild willie was the first impeached and proven criminal candidate to win a presidential election. Regressive senators refused to convict him and remove him, knowing he was guilty. Things have just gone down from there and tens of millions have had a belly full of it.

BTW Reagan was never charged with a crime, much less fined, disbarred and found in contempt of court for perjury.

Your dear leader said he didn't have the constitutional authority to do what he ultimately did on immigration at least 23 times, fortunately three levels of the federal courts agreed with his original assessment. He willfully violated the very thing he swore an oath to protect and defend. He should have been impeached by his own words. Congress didn't do it because they knew full well the regressives in the senate would once again place party ahead of country and their own oaths and would never convict.

The hildabitch should be facing charges, not running for president but once again politics protected her. How do you like the beast you created in the American electorate now?

Good luck with those anger issues, you see demons where people are. The impeachment was 1998, he was elected in 1996. And it's been vetted a million times that the Republicans simply abused the power in Congress to get even with a political opponent, just as they have done with HRC regarding Ben Gassy.Only con derps view sex as a 'high crime'. Hilarious.

No matter, keep your anger and vitriol down in your gut where you feed it new hatred on a daily basis. And go vote for Trump, the OP was right.

Yep, it creates a sad state of affairs when elected officials put party loyalty over their oaths of office, and Americans would reelect an impeached president, knowing full well he was guilty of the charges brought against him. And it's all gone down hill from there. Regressives proved some people really are above the law, if it protects the party.

I think you are a little confused, buddy. Nixon wasn't impeached before he won in 1972. Actually, Nixon was never impeached.

clinton also never stood for election again after his Impeachment, but if he had been able to, he'd have won.

I think you have it backwards. The people elected clinton, and Congress tried to impeach him on a non-issue that most people thought was ridiculous to start with.

That just tells me that people were unwilling to abuse the system back then.

So let me get this straight, exchanging weapons for hostages to a terrorist regime and then giving those proceeds to drug running terrorists in Central America isn't worthy of impeachment, but getting a blow job from an intern is?

How seriously fucked up is that?

Actually, the Republicans in Congress want to reform immigration just as bad as Obama does. The racists are just holding them hostage. After trump goes down to defeat, you'll see real immigration reform.

Meh, guy, I think the thing is, we shouldn't be using the legal system to achieve what you can't achieve at the ballot box. And that goes for BOTH SIDES. I thought the Iran-Contra and Plame investigations were equally political bullshit.

this is the unfortunate legacy of Watergate, that they brought down an elected president using the legal system. Now both sides have tried to replicate that and failed.

If you want to make an argument that Hillary's actions disqualify her, the place to do that is at the BALLOT BOX. Unfortunately, you nominated a crazy Nazi who has no business being a major party's candidate, much like Goldwater or McGovern.

Unfortunately, a lot people who know that Trump is unqualified will vote for him anyway because they can't see past their hate.

Good luck with those anger issues, you see demons where people are. The impeachment was 1998, he was elected in 1996. And it's been vetted a million times that the Republicans simply abused the power in Congress to get even with a political opponent, just as they have done with HRC regarding Ben Gassy.Only con derps view sex as a 'high crime'. Hilarious.

No matter, keep your anger and vitriol down in your gut where you feed it new hatred on a daily basis. And go vote for Trump, the OP was right.

He wasn't impeached for sex asshole, he was impeached for lying about it under oath, something any lawyer should be held to a higher standard for.

I think you have it backwards. The people elected clinton, and Congress tried to impeach him on a non-issue that most people thought was ridiculous to start with.

That just tells me that people were unwilling to abuse the system back then.

So let me get this straight, exchanging weapons for hostages to a terrorist regime and then giving those proceeds to drug running terrorists in Central America isn't worthy of impeachment, but getting a blow job from an intern is?

How seriously fucked up is that?

Actually, the Republicans in Congress want to reform immigration just as bad as Obama does. The racists are just holding them hostage. After trump goes down to defeat, you'll see real immigration reform.

Meh, guy, I think the thing is, we shouldn't be using the legal system to achieve what you can't achieve at the ballot box. And that goes for BOTH SIDES. I thought the Iran-Contra and Plame investigations were equally political bullshit.

this is the unfortunate legacy of Watergate, that they brought down an elected president using the legal system. Now both sides have tried to replicate that and failed.

If you want to make an argument that Hillary's actions disqualify her, the place to do that is at the BALLOT BOX. Unfortunately, you nominated a crazy Nazi who has no business being a major party's candidate, much like Goldwater or McGovern.

Unfortunately, a lot people who know that Trump is unqualified will vote for him anyway because they can't see past their hate.

He wasn't impeached for sex, he was impeached for perjury. And you think I'm confused, I just got the timing wrong.

He wasn't impeached for sex asshole, he was impeached for lying about it under oath, something any lawyer should be held to a higher standard for.

He lied about sex. Again, not high crimes.

High crimes would be something like Trump working ahead of time with the Russians and Assange to fix a US election. But you and the rest of con-land cheer these crimes on for some reason. You don't understand what high crimes are.

High crimes would be something like Trump working ahead of time with the Russians and Assange to fix a US election. But you and the rest of con-land cheer these crimes on for some reason. You don't understand what high crimes are.

Perjury is perjury, the subject is irrelevant.

Hmmm, finished reading the responses in this thread and just have to shake my head...

1. Bill Clinton was impeached for lying and not the sexual act. True the lie was bad but remembering those days I can say the GOP was wanting Clinton out of office since the Whitewater investigation started...

It cost the House GOP when they impeached Clinton and failed to get the Senate to go with them on this issue...

2. In another response by JoeB I have to agree the GOP want immigration reform done. It will not be what the Democratic Party would like to have done but something will be done come next year which will make Trump voters more hostile and full of hate.

3. Finally, Trump failure will be one major blow for the GOP and it will take a few years to recover. One thing for sure is I believe Hillary Clinton will not be another President Obama and will be more like Richard Nixon ( without the Watergate scandal ) and in 2020 she might ride to victory again...

Trump voters need to own their candidate and apologize for running the one candidate that could have never beaten Clinton. This was the one time the GOP could have stayed in power of the House and Senate while taking the White House had the GOP ran someone like Kasich or even Mitt Romney...

Now the question is will the Trump voter learn from their mistake and learn to take the candidate that can deliver most of what they want or run the candidate that their own political party leaders hate with a passion when 2020 rolls around!?!

Problem: Both parties have given us nominees that have no business being president. So voters have little recourse but to go third party. Which of course has candidates that aren't on all ballots or who like Johnson really have no business being president either.

Don't forget obstruction of justice was a charge too

Don't forget obstruction of justice was a charge too

Agreed, but perjury was the no brainer for conviction.

Problem: Both parties have given us nominees that have no business being president. So voters have little recourse but to go third party. Which of course has candidates that aren't on all ballots or who like Johnson really have no business being president either.

Theres another in utah, mcmullin, thats doing pretty good there.

Reagan was far and away the most corrupt person to hold high office in the last 100 + years. He was a criminal that surrounded himself with criminals.

138 of Reagan's administration were indicted or convicted of crimes including many in his inner circle.

Forum List

Back