Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

I rather imagine that if Lee and King were contemporaries, they would stand together against all the racists on the Left.

Robert E. Lee didn't exactly stand with Frederick Douglass did he? Douglass would be the historical equivalent of MLK.
Don't know if the opportunity arose as there were more pressing issues. Lee despised slavery, as most Southerners did, and in more peaceful circumstances that might have born fruit in the participation of abolitionist causes. But history had another role for him, to defend Virginia from invasion with his unique talent for leading armies. I believe that Lee, King, Douglas, and many other warriors for justice are in heaven today, the abode of the righteous, where such quarrels are forever laid to rest.

Lee despised it so much he kept his slaves, whipped them badly, paid extra ransom to get back runaway slaves, and fought a bloody war to maintain the perpetuation of human bondage.

According to the new book, he believed slavery would die out, but that blacks were not ready for freedom and probably inferior, as many believed AT THE TIME. He was in favor of sending them back to Africa. He was an AMAZING soldier (see Mexican War- AMAZING, kind of a Churchill in facing fire and ability to get intelligence), refused ANY attacks on civilians, an incredible gentleman, and I have no problem with any recognition. A great American who got caught up in a war he didn't want. Southerner nutjobs should remember all that.

During the Mexican War, behind enemy lnes, he once hid behind a log, in tall grass, within feet of Mexican soldiers for 12 hours before retuning. He was made a colonel or something on the spot. He also appeared to be impervious to enemy fire, like WSC. Several battles would not have been won without his miraculous actions.

I have that troll on ignore, though thinking of taking him off since a few trolls are needed to generate discussion.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd have half the members in this forum on ignore if I considered the quality of their posting. Unkotare is one of the dumber ones.

Guess what? The traitors still lost, wannabe.
No, the traitors won.

No matter what you girls may tell yourselves at your 'role-play' club, the traitorous rebel dogs were duly brought to heel.
Uh huh....just waxing euphoric thinking of how one of those "traitors" blew a hole through Lincoln's face. Now there was a shot heard 'round the world

Bear in mind what happened to that cowardly traitor Booth.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd have half the members in this forum on ignore if I considered the quality of their posting. Unkotare is one of the dumber ones.

No, the traitors won.

No matter what you girls may tell yourselves at your 'role-play' club, the traitorous rebel dogs were duly brought to heel.
Uh huh....just waxing euphoric thinking of how one of those "traitors" blew a hole through Lincoln's face. Now there was a shot heard 'round the world

He died a hero. His likeness should be the one to grace the $5 bill.

No, the traitors won.

He died a hero. ...

He died the cowardly traitor that he was - and you apparently aspire to be.

No, the traitors won.

He died a hero. ...

He died the cowardly traitor that he was - and you apparently aspire to be.
I would love to shoot a tyrant in the face. You got that right.

No, the traitors won.

Lincoln was the traitor. Booth sentenced him.

No, the traitors won.

Lincoln was the traitor. ...

Wrong, wannabe. History recognizes those traitorous 'confederates' (and you) for what they are. :fu:

No, the traitors won.

Wrong, wannabe. History recognizes those traitorous 'confederates' (and you) for what they are. :fu:

You mean court historians have published the government approved version of history. The facts differ.

1200 posts in this thread and the Lincoln cult never won a single point in the debate. You'll notice the various bouts of spewing personal attacks when they realized they were utterly defeated.

You mean court historians have published the government approved version of history. .

No, I mean the scumbag traitors were brought to heel, and only pathetic fools like you would play the apologist for evil, murderous traitors like the confederate pieces of shit who led too many good men to their deaths.

No, the traitors won.

hmmmm, no. According to the Constitution, Lincoln is the traitor. He is the one who made war on states of the Union, not the Confederates

You mean court historians have published the government approved version of history. .

No, I mean the scumbag traitors were brought to heel, and only pathetic fools like you would play the apologist for evil, murderous traitors like the confederate pieces of shit who led too many good men to their deaths.

Lincoln did all the murdering, dumbshit. Not a single person would have died if Lincoln hadn't invaded Virginia. That's a fact the Lincoln cult can never get around.

Forum List

Back