Rep. Ayanna Pressley and Sen. Dick Durbin have introduced a bill to abolish the federal death penalty. The bill has nearly 60 co-sponsors

I wonder what the voters would think if Sleepy Joe decided to exonerate Nidal Hasan and let him escape justice?

Probably not much, after all, Hasan was on death row when Obama-Biden were in office, but they didn't have the courage to let him go.

Since the US had no legal right to invade either Iraq or Afghanistan, then what Nidal Hasan did not only was legal, but in support of law and order.
Just because the government does something, does not make it right or legal.

Government is not a source of any legal authority in a democratic republic.
Government can only borrow delegated legal authority in order to defend the rights of individuals.
But the execution of a captured criminal then defends no one, so government can't legally do it.
The only rational would be if one could prove that executions were such a successful deterrent, that they were useful.
But I don't think that is the case.
I think government executions only make it seem easier and acceptable to murder instead.

The Death Penalty is a tremendous deterrent. How many broads did Ted Bundy kill after his date with the chair? How many slave revolts did Kirk Douglas lead after his execution?

Since the US had no legal right to invade either Iraq or Afghanistan, then what Nidal Hasan did not only was legal, but in support of law and order.

Hasan's crime happened in Texas, not Iraq or Afghanistan.

But, if Biden agrees with your assessment I double dare him to exonerate Hasan.

Yes
They actually used to have bipartisan bills back then
The crime bill was one of them

If you are referring to the federal crime bill of 1994, it was one of the worst illegal pieces of legislation in US history.
For example, mandated sentence completely violate the right to fair trial in the Bill of Rights.
The whole DEA is illegal, as the federal government has no legal authority over drugs of any kind.

The bill was not bipartisan, but the disappearance of any left, liberal, or progressive party any more, and the democratic party was taken over by conservatives. The Clintons were not leftists.

That's one stupid analogy

The Death Penalty is a tremendous deterrent. How many broads did Ted Bundy kill after his date with the chair? How many slave revolts did Kirk Douglas lead after his execution?

I don't see any logic to that since Bundy and Douglas would have been equally restrained simply by incarcertation.
But it has been shown that capital punishment by government teaches children that there is nothing inherently wrong with murder, if you can get away with it.

So what you're saying is that you didn't bother to read the lengthy description of costs contained in my link. It's really no wonder you're so ill informed. You do nothing to learn or understand the issue.

Since it's too much effort for you to read the links, I've posted the relevant paragraphs here.

Psssssst…..nothing you post is relevant because you’re a leftist skank form Canaduhhhhh that has no business here.

Hasan's crime happened in Texas, not Iraq or Afghanistan.

But, if Biden agrees with your assessment I double dare him to exonerate Hasan.

Why does location matter?

A better argument would be that the real criminals he should have killed were not in TX but in the Pentagon.

I don't think it is an analogy.
The US really was and is committing crimes by invading Iraq and Afghanistan.

I prefer to look at some towel heads killed 3,000 + innocents on 911 and Uncle Sam opened a can of whoop ass

Moral? Don't start shit you can't finish

Psssssst…..nothing you post is relevant because you’re a leftist skank form Canaduhhhhh that has no business here.

No matter who points it out, it is still equally true that executions waste a great deal of taxpayer money.

But that is not why I think they are a bad idea.
The way I see it, execution diminish the sanctity of life.
If some bureaucrat can authorized throwing a switch to kill a living human being they do not even know, then they are teaching children that life is not sacred or even have any significant value at all.
Another death does not counter the evil of a previous death, just compound the evil with another death.
An eye for an eye is extremely evil.

Sure. We can afford to feed and house criminals for the rest of their lives. Lets take care of all of their needs. All their medical, dental and surgical needs.

Wonder how much that will cost the tax payers of America??
Like Richard Speck, we can give them big boobs and female hormones.

I prefer to look at some towel heads killed 3,000 + innocents on 911 and Uncle Sam opened a can of whoop ass

Moral? Don't start shit you can't finish

Except that neither Iraq nor Afghanistan had ANYTHING at all to do with the 9/11 attacks committed entirely by Saudis.
It makes no sense to attack Iraq or Afghanistan for what Saudis do.
That would be like attacking the US for something England did.
But in reality the Saudis, Iraqi, and Afghans don't even speak the same languages.

Sure. We can afford to feed and house criminals for the rest of their lives. Lets take care of all of their needs. All their medical, dental and surgical needs.

Wonder how much that will cost the tax payers of America??

Their medical needs are small because they won't be drinking alcohol, greasy fast food, etc.
The legal expense of execution appeals is over 10 times higher.

Rigby5
LOL If they need a heart transplant they will get it and we will pay for it. If they need a new kidney. They will get it and we will pay for it. If they want a sex change. They will get it and we will pay for it.

They will cost us tax payers up the ass for as long as they live.

Forum List

Back