Rep Madison Cawthorn accused by security of bringing loaded gun to North Carolina airport

Lt Dan is not a very bright Tard. If he really met his ex wife in Russia counterintelligence investigation has been ongoing on him.

keeps getting into trouble for no reason...reminds me of me...though i don't know how to use guns

This is the second time in a little over a year he's been caught trying to take guns onto planes
Bringing a loaded gun into an airport is not unlawful. What's unlawful is failing to properly secure it and check it with TSA.

Only if you attempt to enter a secured area of the airport with a firearm, loaded or not bypassing TSA do you commit an offense.

When I fly to Africa I frequently carry up to four firearms and as long as you do everything right, there's no issue.

The only place I even get remotely bothered is when I have to fly through DC and change airlines. Sometimes that adds up to a three hour layover with my toting them around in cases.

A huge pain in the ass.

What a dumb ass. It is not a constitutional carry state. If he can't be trusted to follow the weapons rules, pull his permit to carry at all and stick him on a "No Fly" list. It is only 399 miles to Washington. Let him drive.
Irrelevant as long as he has an NC carry permit.

The issue is only one of failing to properly secure and check it with TSA.

I can just imagine the Conservative outrage if Rep Omar was caught two times smuggling a loaded gun onto a plane

Lauren Boebert would have a YouTube fit
There's no evidence he was trying to smuggle anything, just failing to check it with TSA.

This bloke Cawthorn sure seems hellbent on blowing-up his re-election potential.

Will hafta watch what the Charlotte Observer and the Raleigh News bring to their editorial page over this son of North Carolina.
Also interesting to see if his squad mates, MTG, Boebert, and Thomas Masssie of KY......will fall in behind him to cover his six.

A 20-minute marriage (my satire there); wheelchair accessible DC sex & cocaine parties; lingerie vacation; and now a second unforced-error with planes & gun.

Competent?

*plus, as a gun owner, I'm thinking this doesn't endear guns to anybody. Except manufacturers & merchants of 'em.

** plus x2, anybody wanna speculate on how relieved the ex-wife is that she escaped that circus?
12008-thumbs-up-icon.png

Last edited:
When one feels they must state they are a gun owner truthfully don't own any.
As frequently as TSA misses prohibited items it makes me wonder how many times he was able to get through security in the past without bothering to check his firearm.

Irrelevant as long as he has an NC carry permit.

The issue is only one of failing to properly secure and check it with TSA.
Not irrelevant. Breaking a weapons law is statutory reason to revoke a weapons permit. Carrying a gun to the airport is a violation. Repeatedly carrying, shows no impression was made the first time he was told to not bring it into the airport. Repeatedly breaking TSA regs, especially regarding weapons is the perfect way to get on a no-fly list. The guy just does not intend to go with the program.

Does no matter about D.C. flights anymore. He lost his primary, yesterday to a more normal candidate, so will not be building up any D.C. frequent flier miles soon.

Forum List

Back