Rep. Nancy Mace, a first-term Republican from South Carolina, has introduced a bill to decriminalize cannabis at the federal level

Alcohol and nicotine are far more addictive.
Whataboutism.
People die from alcohol poisoning every day, but I have never heard of anyone dying from a marijuana overdose.
Pot is an INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive drug, but the addict simply doesn't care who gets hurt.

All the addict cares about?

Their fix.

Criminal drug cartels from Mexico have operated in California, Oregon and Washington, for example and
doubtlessly elsewhere, for DECADES whether weed was legal or not.

The argument that legalizing marijuana would end the criminal cartels dealing in weed in this nation is a tiresome lie and it should be retired permanently.
Because all those bootleggers and speakeasies continued to be prevalent after booze was legalized, right?

Oh, they didn't! What a shocker.

Black markets are actually rather well understood. There is no question whatsoever that a legal market would almost obliterate the black market for MJ almost instantly. The black market that remains will not even be worth commenting on, just like bootleggers of booze are virtually nonexistent. They minute black market for booze is utterly irrelevant.

^ Whataboutism.

Pot is an INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive drug.

Less so than dangerous than alcohol and less addictive than caffeine.

If you do not wish to use pot, do not use pot. But quit being a little fascist telling people what they should and should not do

Because all those bootleggers and speakeasies continued to be prevalent after booze was legalized, right?

Oh, they didn't! What a shocker.

Black markets are actually rather well understood. There is no question whatsoever that a legal market would almost obliterate the black market for MJ almost instantly. The black market that remains will not even be worth commenting on, just like bootleggers of booze are virtually nonexistent. They minute black market for booze is utterly irrelevant.

It really depends, FA, on the amount of taxes and regulation that are imposed on the Grass racket when prohibition is lifted. If the taxes are out of sight, more than the cost of production, legal grass will actually provide a boon to the racketeers- much like they do with cigarettes in the modern age.

But if pot is easily available at Mom and Pop's or at Walmart, CVS and Sheetz, and mom's can send their kids down to the local bodega with a note to pick up their fix- there really won't be a black market.

By that metric, opium and coca should be legal.
Why not?

Coca leaves themselves are just a little more of a stimulant than caffeine or nicotine.

I've had coca leaf tea in South America and I even chewed a small wad of leaves while hiking at high altitudes. The natives have been doing that for centuries

It really depends, FA, on the amount of taxes and regulation that are imposed on the Grass racket when prohibition is lifted. If the taxes are out of sight, more than the cost of production, legal grass will actually provide a boon to the racketeers- much like they do with cigarettes in the modern age.

But if pot is easily available at Mom and Pop's or at Walmart, CVS and Sheetz, and mom's can send their kids down to the local bodega with a note to pick up their fix- there really won't be a black market.
Whilst you cannot send your kids to pick up your 'fix,' everywhere it has been legalized has made it easy to acquire and the black market has disappeared. We are not talking about theories here, we are talking about things that are actually happening around us and have happened in the past.

There is no illegal market for booze worth mentioning. The day pot is legalized, there will be no illegal market for it worth mentioning as well.

in nevada you cant send your kid down to pick up pot....unless they are 21.....im sure its the same elsewhere....

Why not?

Coca leaves themselves are just a little more of a stimulant than caffeine or nicotine.

I've had coca leaf tea in South America and I even chewed a small wad of leaves while hiking at high altitudes. The natives have been doing that for centuries
Is it not rather telling that they keep coming up with other things that should also be legalized and the fact is... they should. Almost like they want to make the case for us.

The very concept of freedom is wasted on the vast majority of the American people.

in nevada you cant send your kid down to pick up pot....unless they are 21.....im sure its the same elsewhere....
You can't even walk into a dispensary without ID.

In fact I have to show my ID 3 times.

Once outside at the door
Once inside the lobby before they buzz me in again before I pay.

Pot: Incredibly dangerous and addictive.

Addicts: Don't care who gets hurt as long as they get their fix.

I feel like I should not need to say this in an adult forum, but not everyone that uses pot is an addict, in fact the vast, vast majority that do are not addicts just as the vast, vast majority of people that drink a beer or a glass of whine are not alcoholics.

I would actually like for you to provide some sort of evidence anyone is actually addicted to pot

Forum List

Back