Rep. Nancy Mace, a first-term Republican from South Carolina, has introduced a bill to decriminalize cannabis at the federal level

CowboyTed
I agree. Tax it and regulate it like they do tobacco. Of course many will still grown their own or buy it from those that do.

Nothing to disagree with here. I would just add that there is a serious lack of data because testing it was illegal till very recently, and still is on the Fed level.
And I would have to voice that I agree with that as well.

It is asinine that research like this is stifled. Knowledge is never something that should be actively avoided. Pot is CLEARLY nowhere near the boundary of truly dangerous research.

Pot isn't incredibly dangerous and never has been.

The marijuana plants properties have been known to people for many thousands of years

well this guy thinks heroin is a plant....cant expect him to know better....

I don't think it would be a "gold mine" at all. Some taxes might be able to be levied on it.

But if the taxes were high (no pun intended), the cost of enforcing them would be astronomical. Armies of Narcs would have to be deployed to stop smuggling, counterfeit tax stamps, etc.

The idea that other taxes could be reduced if we just legalize grass isn't very solid.
The exact same thing is true of cigarettes and booze.

In the sense that what Nixon did had monstrous consequences, yes.

Pot is an INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive drug.
Alcohol and nicotine are far more addictive.

People die from alcohol poisoning every day, but I have never heard of anyone dying from a marijuana overdose.

What you people are forgetting is that back in the day, the Negro jazz musicians and the migrant farm workers would get all hopped up on that stuff and go out and rape white women.

What you people are forgetting is that back in the day, the Negro jazz musicians and the migrant farm workers would get all hopped up on that stuff and go out and rape white women.
i bet this guy min trut believes that to this day.....

Forum List

Back