Rep wants state dinners to abide by school cafeteria calorie caps

Sounds like a typically ridiculous republican political stunt

Sounds like an electorate is tiring of "do as I say, not as I do" but feel free to keep worshiping the elite. The Little people believe in accountability and adhering to a single, not double, set of standards.

Makes sense. This is yet another example of double standards. We are forced to participate in Obamacare or face fines and our children have had lunch choices taken away, yet the administration exempts themselves from following their own rules. Michelle and a few others in Washington could stand to lose a few pounds, so she should consider leading by example instead of limiting food choices in schools while enjoying fatty foods at White House functions.

Rep. Rodney Davis, R-Ill., is pushing a bill that would require meals served at White House state dinners and other functions to abide by the same calorie restrictions as those served to America's school kids. Though the bill may stand little chance of passage, he describes it as a message that if the government wants to dictate what children can eat, they should lead by example

"Back home our school districts and students are frustrated and feel like their government is not listening," Davis, R-Ill., said.

Rep wants state dinners to abide by school cafeteria calorie caps

Rep wants state dinners to abide by school cafeteria calorie caps | Fox News

This is ridiculous. One is aimed at our children in an effort to help them build good eating habits.

The other is aimed at adults who are mature enough to make their own eating decisions.

Dumb idea and not a double standard in my eyes.

Sounds like a typically ridiculous republican political stunt

Under republicans the French were persona non-grata (sp?) in DC so the fact that we're having one to start with is a huge deal.

I appreciate their advice on how to have a State dinner but it's pretty hilarious that their policies would prevent one from even taking place.

Hey when White House state dinners are attended by school children, then they will be served appropriate meals.

How many state dinners attended ONLY by school age children does the Obama's have?

Charlie Rangel's attempts to re-instate the draft, Jose Serrano's attempts to end Presidential term limits, and every other political stunt law that Democrats push.

Well, I, too think the draft couldn't hurt. Character has been on the decline in the years since the draft. Also, many a poor kid who got drafted learned discipline, self discipline, and pulled himself up out of poverty. I would have no problem with EVERY citizen being required to serve this country for a year after high school.

The draft, if re-instated, would be for several years. Most of the first year is devoted to boot camp and some sort of training for a specialty in our high tech military. I served when there was a draft and a lot of the young men who were drafted were a waste of taxpayers money because they didn't want to be there.

Charlie Rangel's attempts to re-instate the draft, Jose Serrano's attempts to end Presidential term limits, and every other political stunt law that Democrats push.

Well, I, too think the draft couldn't hurt. Character has been on the decline in the years since the draft. Also, many a poor kid who got drafted learned discipline, self discipline, and pulled himself up out of poverty. I would have no problem with EVERY citizen being required to serve this country for a year after high school.

The draft, if re-instated, would be for several years. Most of the first year is devoted to boot camp and some sort of training for a specialty in our high tech military. I served when there was a draft and a lot of the young men who were drafted were a waste of taxpayers money because they didn't want to be there.

My brother has flatly stated that is a draft is ever reinstated, he's skipping the country.

He's a decorated (Bronze Star with V for Valor) Marine NCO, veteran of four combat tours, and would rather not serve with slaves.

Forum List

Back