Rep wants state dinners to abide by school cafeteria calorie caps

So, leading by example is something the left finds laughable? Sounds about right.

:lol:

"Leading by example"?

Are morons like Mr. Davis really people you look on as "examples" to follow?

You are deflecting. Unsuccessfully.
The Mrs started this shit. She just HAD to stick her nose where it did not belong.
Now she's being called on it and you useful idiots go right ahead and circle the wagons.

As the federal government sets strict guidelines for school lunches, one lawmaker is trying to make sure the White House lives by the same rules
Though the bill may stand little chance of passage, he describes it as a message that if the government wants to dictate what children can eat, they should lead by example.
I agree. Those passing the rules should practice what they preach. If the food guidelines are not good enough for the Whitehouse, why would anyone believe they are good enough for our children? The government officials setting the guidelines should be required to follow their own rules. :deal:

Stupid things about this:

1. It's not going to come anywhere near passing, which makes it by definition nothing more than a publicity stunt.

2. School nutrition programs are run on a local level by school boards. The federal standards haven't changed in almost 20 years.

3. State dinners are diplomatic functions. Feeding say, the Queen of England, a school lunch would rightly be seen as a significant insult.

Should I go on? I'm pretty sure I can think of more things about this that are stupid.

it is basically a satire and showing the hypocrisy of this particular FLOTUS with her push of the "healthy diet" for the "masses" while her majesty will enjoy the buttered lobsters. reminds some famous remark about bread and marcipans.

you can not appreciate poking fun of your gods, because you worship them.

Except it's not a joke, it's an actually piece of legislation that he's wasting Congress' time with. Nor is actually funny - it's petty and asinine.

I don't care for Obama as President. I didn't vote for him either time, and I certainly don't "worship" them. But this shit with Michelle is completely ridiculous.

It's like complaining that Laura Bush was "forcing" those kids to learn to read.

You have something against kids learning to read?

When I was in school they DID force us to learn to read. I would rather have been running the rivers and the woods, but dammit, I had to go learn to read. WTF? Laura Bush was nowhere around. You mean I didn't have to?

Last edited:
What really blows me away is that you guys are proud when your representatives do stupid shit like this.

When politicians on my "side" do shit like this, I'm embarrassed by it.

Example?

Charlie Rangel's attempts to re-instate the draft, Jose Serrano's attempts to end Presidential term limits, and every other political stunt law that Democrats push.

WOW !!, the hypocrisy and self righteousness is flowing like water over Niagara Falls.

and !

if it were bullshit.

it would cover most of Manhattans skyscrapers. :up: ...... :lmao:

You don't like what the schools are serving, let the local folks set the menu. Of course you have to give up the subsidies but freedom isn't free. If I had kids in school I would send them with their lunch and dare the school to interfere.

I took a bagged lunch to school right through to the 12th grade.
Reason, the food sucked. Mass produced jail house slop.
Anyway, it's getting to the point where schools are frowning on the practice of kids bringing their home made lunch to school. The Administration is their nanny.

Sounds like a typically ridiculous republican political stunt

It is a political stunt, but I disagree that it's stupid. He's making a valid point. Our elected leaders aren't supposed to be aristocrats, but that's certainly what we've allowed the presidency and Congress to become.

Do as I say; don't do as I do.

So, leading by example is something the left finds laughable? Sounds about right.

"Leading by example"?

You are what you eat and, apparently, you are on a steady diet of stupid shit.

You don't get that I was saying Michelle should lead by example? That is the whole point of this proposal. It's meant to show the hypocrisy and it has certainly done that. Michelle is the one out there talking about healthy eating and controlling calories for school children, yet she and the rest of them don't apply that to themselves. Wouldn't she be more credible if she did as she told others to do? That is called leading by example. Obama has yet to do that because he never applies his oppressive rules to himself or his buddies.

What really blows me away is that you guys are proud when your representatives do stupid shit like this.

When politicians on my "side" do shit like this, I'm embarrassed by it.

Example?

Charlie Rangel's attempts to re-instate the draft, Jose Serrano's attempts to end Presidential term limits, and every other political stunt law that Democrats push.

Well, I, too think the draft couldn't hurt. Character has been on the decline in the years since the draft. Also, many a poor kid who got drafted learned discipline, self discipline, and pulled himself up out of poverty. I would have no problem with EVERY citizen being required to serve this country for a year after high school.

Now a situation has been created where a foreign dignitary's home country can run to the UN complaining their leader is being poisoned by being fed a diet known by The United States to be "not good for you".

"Leading by example"?

You don't get that I was saying Michelle should lead by example? That is the whole point of this proposal. It's meant to show the hypocrisy and it has certainly done that. Michelle is the one out there talking about healthy eating and controlling calories for school children, yet she and the rest of them don't apply that to themselves. Wouldn't she be more credible if she did as she told others to do? That is called leading by example. Obama has yet to do that because he never applies his oppressive rules to himself or his buddies.

As first lady Michelle, like all first ladies, had to find a 'cause.' Now she was abundantly qualified to work Legal Aid, or some such. But instead she chose an entirely hypocritical 'cause.' Only Hillary Clinton was more qualified to serve America than Michelle. I am not sure who, but one of the 'people behind the president' is relegating talented first ladies to house wifedom, and this kind of silly shit is what we get because of it.

Last edited:

"Leading by example"?

I think it's probably a pretty safe bet that the Obama's eat a lot healthier than the average American does.

What "oppressive rules" have either of the Obama's forced on you in terms of food?

"Leading by example"?

As first lady Michelle, like all first ladies, had to find a 'cause.' Now she was abundantly qualified to work Legal Aid, or some such. But instead she chose an entirely hypocritical 'cause.' Only Hillary Clinton was more qualified to serve America than Michelle. I am not sure who, but one of the 'people behind the president' is relegating talented first ladies to house wifedom, and this kind of silly shit is what we get because of it.

There's nothing "hypocritical" about choosing childhood obesity as her cause.

It is if you don't follow your own suggestions. And she doesn't. You must have missed the OP.

It is if you don't follow your own suggestions. And she doesn't. You must have missed the OP.

How do you know whether the Obamas eat healthily on a regular basis?

Obama has only hosted 7 State Dinners so far as President, that's not exactly a regular thing.

"Leading by example"?

I think it's probably a pretty safe bet that the Obama's eat a lot healthier than the average American does.

What "oppressive rules" have either of the Obama's forced on you in terms of food?

The oppressive rules I mentioned were all the things in Obamacare that the ones who wrote it, passed it and will enforce it are all exempt from. He and the others are giant hypocrites for that. Pelosi is one of the worst when it comes to defending the law that she wants nothing to do with. Reid can go fuck himself, too.

The program Michelle has going is encouraging schools to limit calories, which in itself isn't bad, but parents should still have a lot of say. And when the schools feed children the low calorie breakfasts, it doesn't help considering most ate at home before they went to school. Polls showed that some time ago. They also sent dinner home with children (here they call them backpack meals) and often the children will eat twice as much when they get home. It really make the whole calorie counting pointless, doesn't it?

I support healthy foods being served at school. There was a time when breakfast and lunches were packed with calories and my kids started to gain weight when they began eating school lunches. I went back to packed lunches and that took care of that. The principal told me they deliberately served high calories meals because some numbskull thought children wouldn't be fed at home, so they loaded them up. That worked out real well. Bureaucracy creates problems, then turns around and acts like they'll save the day, which is what they are doing now with the low calorie lunches. I love watching these idiots over the years because they don't know what they are doing and yet they think they are smarter than everyone else.

I was always slightly underweight and my children were all at a healthy weight, so not all of us need schools to tell us what to feed our children. I hate it that choice has been taken away because some kids are fat.

We're the only country with starving obese children. I'm not sure which is the problem here. On one hand, the Dems say children are going hungry and, on the other, they say they are eating too much crap and are too fat. If you want to see what actual starving children look like, check out some pics from third world countries. We don't look like that, thankfully. Many schools provide meals for entire families, we have food stamps (which have doubled in use), we have WIC, there are food banks everywhere. I'd say we've done quite well in making food available and there is no reason for anyone to starve. All I hear about now is that the majority of people in this country have a weight problem.

Since many children are getting three free meals a day from schools and their parents are also feeding them at home, is it possible that some are just eating too much? I've never heard of under eating making people fat. We only need to eat three meals a day to stay healthy.

As far as Michelle, she should go for the calorie limit on all dinners served at the White House, then she can honestly say she believes in her program and isn't all talk. Leading by example has always been the best way. Otherwise, we are just being talked at by hypocrites. It's what you do, not what you say.

There are a lot of chubby people in congress, so no need to supply them with alcohol or fatty foods. We need to make sure no food is ever served that contains fat or unnecessary calories, and not just at state dinners. If they want to eat junk, they can do that on their dime, but as a public service, we should ensure only low calorie, healthy food for all the critters in Washington and we should insist that every one of them signs up for Obamacare. It's the least we can do to show them how much we appreciate what they do to us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back