Report: Clinton Planning To Fill Half Of Cabinet Positions With Women

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
that there will be those who shoutIf elected president. Hillary Clinton plans to appoint enough women to the top levels of her administration that females would make up half of the cabinet positions, the New York Times reported. The report is based on interviews with friends and advisors close to Clinton -- some on the record, some unnamed -- and they told the Times that she also plans to look at talent from Silicon Valley to assemble a diverse cabinet.

Only about a quarter or a third of the president's cabinet has been female in recent years, according to the Times.

“There’s that old saying, ‘Nothing about us without us,’” former Michigan Gov. and Clinton-supporter Jennifer Granholm (D) told the Times. “I mean, a woman as chief of staff, Treasury secretary, a woman at Defense — it would be incredible.”

According to the report, Clinton is eying immigration reform and infrastructure spending as opportunities for cooperation with Republicans if she is elected President. She intends to build bridges with Washington lawmakers over social events with drinks, rather than the sporting matches hosted by past presidents. She hopes that a half-female cabinet will also help change the tone in Washington, the Times said.

Now, I get that there will be those who shout "REVERSE SEXISM!!!!!!" particularly with comments like, "Nothing about us without us," but, I'm not sure this isn't such a bad idea. I especially like the idea of the social gatherings. It rather harkens back to the old days when no one thought it was "traitorous" for Republicans, and Democrats to go to Christmas parties, out for drinks, or just to sit have have chats together. When we thought like that, things actually got done. Compromises were made, and the government...well...governed. I wouldn't mind seeing a return to that kind of civil discourse in politics.

Irrelevant. Electing a half black guy altered nothing, electing a woman will alter nothing, electing Trump will alter nothing. The personalities are mute, they all once in bow down to the same power structure and carry out the same overarching goal - societal wealth extraction and cannibalization.

Yet another reasons to not vote for hiLIARy. Hiring people due to the shape of their gonads is stupid.

Yet another reasons to not vote for hiLIARy. Hiring people due to the shape of their gonads is stupid.
Well that's basically why Hillary is getting the nomination. She will hire to repay favors. Just like Obama did, and it has turned out to be a disaster.

Well that's basically why Hillary is getting the nomination. She will hire to repay favors. Just like Obama did, and it has turned out to be a disaster.
Uh...okay. I don't think that was quite the point being made, but okay...

I think if the women are best qualified for the job great. But by her reputation she will just fill the jobs with women she owes favors. It happened with Clinton's presidency.

I think if the women are best qualified for the job great. But by her reputation she will just fill the jobs with women she owes favors. It happened with Clinton's presidency.
Besed on what evidence? What positions has it been demonstrated that she did that with as Secretary of State? Or as a Congress woman?

Besed on what evidence? What positions has it been demonstrated that she did that with as Secretary of State? Or as a Congress woman?
Travelgate.

Travelgate.
You mean the non-scandal, where Robert Ray ultimately characterized Hillary's involvement in the firing of seven employees, while simultaneous confirming that she committed no crimes? So, in a decade of public office what you have is one, questionable occurrence, where the final findings were that no nepotism occurred?

Then, you'll forgive me if I fail to see your observation as anything other than personal, unjustified opinion based on a personal dislike of Hillary.

Travelgate.
You mean the non-scandal, where Robert Ray ultimately characterized Hillary's involvement in the firing of seven employees, while simultaneous confirming that she committed no crimes? So, in a decade of public office what you have is one, questionable occurrence, where the final findings were that no nepotism occurred?

Then, you'll forgive me if I fail to see your observation as anything other than personal, unjustified opinion based on a personal dislike of Hillary.
I didn't say it was a crime, the fired competent people and replaced them with friends.

Travelgate.

I didn't say it was a crime, the fired competent people and replaced them with friends.
First, it was Bill that did that. Second, the entirety of the "testimony" - and I use that term loosely - that Hillary even had anything to do with it was friends of friends of the people involved saying they "overheard". Yeah, that's reliable.

Like I said you have a suspicion, and that's fine, as unfounded as it may be, but to make such a definitive statement of how Hillary will fill her cabinet, based on one questionable - and by questionable, I mean the veracity is questionable - incident, says more about your partisanship than it does Hillary's character.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back