Repub House' first act: shoot themselves in the foot

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Repubs really are self-serving PoS. Thangod Trump asked them WTF they were doing.

Backtracking after Trump tweet, GOP won't gut ethics office
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans abruptly reversed themselves Tuesday under pressure from President-elect Donald Trump and dropped plans to gut an independent congressional ethics board.

The dizzying about-face came as lawmakers convened for the first day of the 115th Congress, an occasion normally reserved for pomp and ceremony under the Capitol Dome. Instead, House Republicans found themselves under attack not only from Democrats but from their new president, over their secretive move Monday to neuter the independent Office of Congressional Ethics and place it under lawmakers' control.

GOP leaders scrambled to contain the damage, and within hours of Trump registering his criticism on Twitter, they called an emergency meeting of House Republicans where lawmakers voted without opposition to undo the change.
ANOTHER reason I'm glad I didnt vote.

Like I said in the OP, I wouldn't trust them as far as i can throw them

This is the type of thing that Trump is supposed to get rid of.

Last edited:
Repubs really are self-serving PoS. Thangod Trump asked them WTF they were doing.

Backtracking after Trump tweet, GOP won't gut ethics office

ANOTHER reason I'm glad I didnt vote.

You didn't vote? You are part of the problem than

Sad. Post could have earned a 'winner' minus a braggadocios Trump-like statement like "ANOTHER reason I'm glad I didnt vote."
Tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. I WAS going to vote until the crony DNC stabbed my candidate in the back. Then I decided to leave the clown show up to you people.

Poor GOP, because of the tweeter Nazi and your gerrymandered districts, all housing nuts....you pretty much are at the mercy of clowns and rednecks.....welcome to the jungle, boys and girls

Tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. I WAS going to vote until the crony DNC stabbed my candidate in the back. Then I decided to leave the clown show up to you people.
No one got stabbed in the back or elsewhere.

Sanders lost because a majority of voters did not want him.

CX1wIwB.png

9ImsPhn.png

DOoB2JR.png

you're funny :p BOTH parties are corrupt to the core kid. You're welcome.

So leave the country. It has always been that way because of human nature. grow up

Even before he is sworn in as president, Donald Trump has emasculated the Republicans. So much for checks and balance.

Even before he is sworn in as president, Donald Trump has emasculated the Republicans. So much for checks and balance.
Did he really? HE took credit. Others were calling the GOP out

Donald was late to the party. HE took credit

:rofl:

Did he really? HE took credit. Others were calling the GOP out

Donald was late to the party. HE took credit

:rofl:
Maybe, but his influence was essential. Don't be like the 'Conservatives' and refuse to give credit where credit is deserved. The assholes did that for the whole of the Obama Presidency, and earned my contempt forever.

So leave the country. It has always been that way because of human nature. grow up
ummm..... a n00b Russ Alllah Gehry asking an honorably discharged vet to leave the country. Priceless :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back