Republican Debate: February 13, 2016

Rubio just said that if our next president is HALF as great as Ronald Reagan - our country will be greater than it's ever been.

What the hell does that mean? That don't make no sense. Wouldn't the country only be HALF as great?

Ronald Reagan was a high crimes criminal. Rubio really doesn't have anything to argue with, he just uses the pavlovian sound bytes that he has been told will cause the ears of cons to perk up.

Like this...

Rubio just said that if our next president is HALF as great as Ronald Reagan - our country will be greater than it's ever been.

What the hell does that mean? That don't make no sense. Wouldn't the country only be HALF as great?

It means Obama sucks. But you're right the math doesn't add up. Sounds like a good MSNBC sound bite.

Obama has dropped unemployment from 10.0% to 4.9%
Obama has created 10 million jobs..The majority being private sector!
Obama has lowered the price of gas and we're pumping more oil out of our ground at any time in the history of our country.

We'd have to be growing at China levels for you to be right.

Ronald Reagan was a high crimes criminal. Rubio really doesn't have anything to argue with, he just uses the pavlovian sound bytes that he has been told will cause the ears of cons to perk up.

Like this...

As Christie said, "there he goes he's doing it again".

It means Obama sucks. But you're right the math doesn't add up. Sounds like a good MSNBC sound bite.

Obama has dropped unemployment from 10.0% to 4.9%
Obama has created 10 million jobs..The majority being private sector!
Obama has lowered the price of gas and we're pumping more oil out of our ground at any time in the history of our country.

We'd have to be growing at China levels for you to be right.

More people are out of work that don't count against unemployment than in over 35 years. Foreign policy is in shambles. We have the slowest growing economy in many, many years. Immigration is a mess. Healthcare is worse than before.

One thing that scares me is that some of these guys don't know who the enemy is.

The enemy isn't afraid of Obama that's for damn sure. They would not fuck with Trump, Bush, Rubio or Cruz.

Sooooo....you think the enemies of the US believe they would have to fight, uh, whoever is president? Like in a boxing match? LOL

I mean really, seriously, turn off your radio and at least once every six months, step out of the con-bubble you live in that keeps oxygen and sanity out and the stale smell of right-wing dogma forever under your nose.

Just, try it.

So trump is talking about Carrier closing in the US and moving 1400 jobs to Mexico, there is a video where these people are distraught of course.

trump though says he would tell Carrier if you move 'he will get consensus and tax Carrier so much their move wouldn't be worth it'.

So by every measure that conservatives 'trump up' about not wanting government to interfere with their lives or business, this certainly qualifies as 'government heavily regulating business'. For trump its to the point of threatening a single company with the overwhelming power of the federal government.

Simply put, this represents, in its most naked form, conservative ideas?

After 40 years of republican outsourcing of our jobs. What other choice do we have? Trump is at least somewhat right.

Don't misunderstand me, I would also make it difficult and very expensive for companies to move out of the country and take those jobs with them.

The question is for conservatives that seem to support this guy. I'm wondering why.

Keeping manufacturing in America is in the national interest.

I don't remember WWII, but my folks told me about rationing, and the manufacturing sector turning to war production. My kin worked for National Cash Register in Ohio when they shifted production to anti-aircraft gun magazines; my uncle...too old for service, worked at Bethlehem Steel Mills.

Where is Bethlehem Steel today?

Where is NCR's manufacturing plant?

So trump is talking about Carrier closing in the US and moving 1400 jobs to Mexico, there is a video where these people are distraught of course.

trump though says he would tell Carrier if you move 'he will get consensus and tax Carrier so much their move wouldn't be worth it'.

So by every measure that conservatives 'trump up' about not wanting government to interfere with their lives or business, this certainly qualifies as 'government heavily regulating business'. For trump its to the point of threatening a single company with the overwhelming power of the federal government.

Simply put, this represents, in its most naked form, conservative ideas?

After 40 years of republican outsourcing of our jobs. What other choice do we have? Trump is at least somewhat right.

Don't misunderstand me, I would also make it difficult and very expensive for companies to move out of the country and take those jobs with them.

The question is for conservatives that seem to support this guy. I'm wondering why.

Keeping manufacturing in America is in the national interest.

I don't remember WWII, but my folks told me about rationing, and the manufacturing sector turning to war production. My kin worked for National Cash Register in Ohio when they shifted production to anti-aircraft gun magazines; my uncle...too old for service, worked at Bethlehem Steel Mills.

Where is Bethlehem Steel today?

Where is NCR's manufacturing plant?

Silly me. I thought the point was Trump was going to tax/tarrif "one" company because he not like plans to move.

Forum List

Back