🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican House Sends Bill To Trump Blocking Online Privacy Regulation...

I say you butcher every member of any corporation that sells your data.

I'm shocked Republicans are doing this. I mean i'm for cutting regulations, but this one is completely unnecessary. It's blatant ugly pandering to the Corporations. Is Trump really gonna support it? Man if he does, my support for him is gonna be eroded a bit.

Yeah just now Trump is pandering to corporations. :rolleyes: Half his cabinet is made up of Goldman Sachs execs, but NOW you're disappointed.

I give folks a chance. If he supports this, i will be disappointed.

There's no pandering to corporations.

It sure is. Maintaining privacy is very important to most Americans. This bill gives free reign to the Corporations on that. It's awful pandering. Trump shouldn't support it.
That's simply untrue.

Most Americans don't support this. Most still wanna preserve some semblance of privacy. If Trump signs this, i'll have lost some faith in him. I supported him, but stuff like this will erode my support.
The bill does not take away your privacy.

You're right, the bill doesn't take away your privacy. It allows companies to take away your privacy.

Very wise observation. I don't get why most Republicans are supporting this. Hopefully Trump won't.

There is a major difference between ISPs like AT&T and Google. There are any number of browsers that can be used for online browsing while there are a limited amount of ISPs available. The most recent was the breakup of Time Warner which never should have been allowed. If that is the Republicans' objection then write a bill to fix it.

They didn't because they are in the pay of big corporations. When big business says jump, Republicans ask how high. This is not the first consumer friendly regulation to be dropped by Republicans.

A regulation requiring that big airlines disclose more of their hidden fees when you buy a ticket was put on hold by Trump. What could be so onerous about that.

A regulation requiring financial advisors to take the best interest of their clients into account when they invest their clients' money. Right now a advisor can put their clients into a fund which is not good for their clients but the fund pays the advisor a commission for putting their clients into that fund.

It sure is. Maintaining privacy is very important to most Americans. This bill gives free reign to the Corporations on that. It's awful pandering. Trump shouldn't support it.
That's simply untrue.

Most Americans don't support this. Most still wanna preserve some semblance of privacy. If Trump signs this, i'll have lost some faith in him. I supported him, but stuff like this will erode my support.

You're right, the bill doesn't take away your privacy. It allows companies to take away your privacy.

Very wise observation. I don't get why most Republicans are supporting this. Hopefully Trump won't.

Money is why. [emoji383]

Here's How Much Internet Providers Gave Lawmakers Who Voted To Let Them Sell Your Data | The Huffington Post

Some lawmakers, such as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), received upward of six figures from the telecommunications industry. Others, however, received relatively paltry sums — in some cases, under $1,000. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), who introduced the bill, received $27,955.

That's simply untrue.

It hands over all control to the Corporations. Of course it effects your privacy.
Where does the bill say that?

You say you are America First. You should amend that to say Corporate America First.

There is a major difference between ISPs like AT&T and Google. There are any number of browsers that can be used for online browsing while there are a limited amount of ISPs available. The most recent was the breakup of Time Warner which never should have been allowed. If that is the Republicans' objection then write a bill to fix it.

They didn't because they are in the pay of big corporations. When big business says jump, Republicans ask how high. This is not the first consumer friendly regulation to be dropped by Republicans.

A regulation requiring that big airlines disclose more of their hidden fees when you buy a ticket was put on hold by Trump. What could be so onerous about that.

A regulation requiring financial advisors to take the best interest of their clients into account when they invest their clients' money. Right now a advisor can put their clients into a fund which is not good for their clients but the fund pays the advisor a commission for putting their clients into that fund.

It does appear most Republicans kneel and pray to the Corporate Gods. They claim to be 'Good Christians', but it looks like they actually worship false Gods. They're willing to do anything for the Corporations. They'll gladly sell their fellow average Americans out if they feel it benefits the Corporations. I don't get it. This one's a major Republican fluck up.

That's simply untrue.

Money is why. [emoji383]

Here's How Much Internet Providers Gave Lawmakers Who Voted To Let Them Sell Your Data | The Huffington Post

Some lawmakers, such as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), received upward of six figures from the telecommunications industry. Others, however, received relatively paltry sums — in some cases, under $1,000. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), who introduced the bill, received $27,955.

So obscene. I think it borders on being criminal.

What is sad is that we are caught between 2 extremes. Democrats who take regulations to punish businesses. Republicans believe in no regulation on business even when it is necessary. We need a balance somewhere in-between the extremes.

What is sad is that we are caught between 2 extremes. Democrats who take regulations to punish businesses. Republicans believe in no regulation on business even when it is necessary. We need a balance somewhere in-between the extremes.

Good point.

Trump of all people, should not support this. He knows what it's like to be surveilled. This should really bother him especially. It should be Veto time.

The regulations are usually in response to some gross violation by the business. Regulation is a response to something.

Forum List

Back