Republican Lawmaker: A Fetus Is ‘The Largest Organ In A Body’

Oh wait...are you going to share PP/CDC stats with us?

Cuz those are so reliable and all....

Why would a Republican want to use big government to outlaw something inside your body? I am confused.

Next thing you'll tell me they care if I drink or get stoned in my own home.

This is the party of small government and no regulations!

Ignoring the fact that most abortions occurs before the 12th week, even if we go with 20 weeks, that's still only about 9 ounces.

Why would a Republican want to use big government to outlaw something inside your body? I am confused.

You know, it really would be nice if you guys made an attempt to understand the conservative position. Which is LIMITED FEDERAL GOVERNMNET - Power being distributed to Individuals, State and local governments.

If a bunch of people in delaware want to pass a law about abortion, it's their right to. The Federal Government just shouldn't be doing it because they have no authority in the matter.

If local community wants to pass liquor laws, they have the right to. The problem is when the Federal government which has no authority does.

Limited government does not mean no government. No matter how much you want to pretend otherwise. When regulation protects life, libery, and the pursuit of happiness, there are appropriate areas for the State and local governments to legislate.

Ignoring the fact that most abortions occurs before the 12th week, even if we go with 20 weeks, that's still only about 9 ounces.

Better than ignoring the fact that an abortion kills a child.

According to PP and Guttmacher and CDC...who admittedly don't have complete or even a good smattering, of information on the subject.

You know, it really would be nice if you guys made an attempt to understand the conservative position. Which is LIMITED FEDERAL GOVERNMNET - Power being distributed to Individuals, State and local governments.

If a bunch of people in delaware want to pass a law about abortion, it's their right to. The Federal Government just shouldn't be doing it because they have no authority in the matter.

If local community wants to pass liquor laws, they have the right to. The problem is when the Federal government which has no authority does.

Limited government does not mean no government. No matter how much you want to pretend otherwise. When regulation protects life, libery, and the pursuit of happiness, there are appropriate areas for the State and local governments to legislate.

Sadly, the thing that the baby killers don't understand...the one thing we DO believe the government is responsible for is PROTECTING LIFE.

Including protecting babies from their mothers, if their mothers are hell bent on killing them.

We do not see it as a function of the government to pay for human rights violations in the form of abortion.

Sorry.

According to PP and Guttmacher and CDC...who admittedly don't have complete or even a good smattering, of information on the subject.

You dispute that a 20 week fetus is 9 ounces? The information is subject? Seriously?

There is no way this lawmaker was right.

No, I dispute that most abortions occur before the 12th week.

PP knows this...which is why they are so adamantly opposed to sonograms prior to abortion. They make a lot of money fudging the due dates.

Sadly, the thing that the baby killers don't understand...the one thing we DO believe the government is responsible for is PROTECTING LIFE.

Including protecting babies from their mothers, if their mothers are hell bent on killing them.

We do not see it as a function of the government to pay for human rights violations in the form of abortion.

Sorry.

If people are killing babies they should be arrested!

shake.gif

PP knows this...which is why they are so adamantly opposed to sonograms prior to abortion. They make a lot of money fudging the due dates.

I don't specifically care to hear your song and dance about PP.

This issue is, is a potentially aborted fetus ever the largest "organ" in a woman's body. Since the max age in Alabama for abortion is 20 weeks, the answer is, no.

Republican Lawmaker: A Fetus Is ‘The Largest Organ In A Body’

Alabama State Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin is in favor of proposed harsh abortion laws in Alabama, and explains why.

The legislation, sponsored by Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin, R-Pelham, would require physicians at abortion clinics to have admitting privileges at local hospitals; require clinics to follow ambulatory clinic building codes and make it a felony — punishable by up to 10 years in prison — for a nurse, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant to dispense abortion-inducing medications.

McClurkin and other supporters of the bill, known as HB 57, argue that the nature of abortion should require strict regulations, and claim that abortion clinics have a higher rate of regulatory violations than any other providers.

“When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body,” McClurkin said in an interview Thursday. “That’s a big thing. That’s a big surgery. You don’t have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that.”​

:lmao:

A fetus is not an organ. Organs are required for a properly functioning body.

A fetus is a parasite living off the body of another until it can live on its own. A fetus is not required for a functioning body.

Parasites aren't of the same species. Try again.

The placenta is an organ, btw. I think that's where the confusion is emanating.

This issue is, is a potentially aborted fetus ever the largest "organ" in a woman's body. Since the max age in Alabama for abortion is 20 weeks, the answer is, no.

The lies you tell typically serve the purpose of exploiting young, impressionable girls, so if you don't mind...I'll just keep on pointing them out.

Again, PP makes a lot of money by fudging the dates. Babies they are not able to legally abort can be aborted if they just get the dates wrong by a little bit....hence their objection to sonogram.

Plus the fact that when pregnant girls see the babies inside of them looking like, well, babies, they realize that they've been lied to by fascist baby killers, and, if allowed and not physically restrained, will take their pregnant butts out of the stirrups and get as far away from the abbatoirs as they can.

Parasites aren't of the same species. Try again.

The placenta is an organ, btw. I think that's where the confusion is emanating.

so long as it is feeding, breathing and being kept alive through the body of another on its way to being something other then the host... as far as i am concerned .....the term parasite fits.

bottom line..... a fetus is not an organ.

I dont know why I bother.

Now your claiming a state that has exactly 1 abortion clinic( btw I'm not even sure if its a PP or not) isn't aware of all the illegal abortions going on in thst clinic and so clearly she was referring to all those illegal abortions.

:rolleyes:

You know this isn't the CT forum, right?

Forum List

Back