Republican Lawmaker: A Fetus Is ‘The Largest Organ In A Body’

Republican Lawmaker: A Fetus Is ‘The Largest Organ In A Body’

Alabama State Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin is in favor of proposed harsh abortion laws in Alabama, and explains why.

The legislation, sponsored by Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin, R-Pelham, would require physicians at abortion clinics to have admitting privileges at local hospitals; require clinics to follow ambulatory clinic building codes and make it a felony — punishable by up to 10 years in prison — for a nurse, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant to dispense abortion-inducing medications.

McClurkin and other supporters of the bill, known as HB 57, argue that the nature of abortion should require strict regulations, and claim that abortion clinics have a higher rate of regulatory violations than any other providers.

“When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body,” McClurkin said in an interview Thursday. “That’s a big thing. That’s a big surgery. You don’t have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that.”​

However inaccurate and ignorant, the state representative is entitled to believe an embryo/fetus is a ‘child.’

She is not entitled, however, to force that subjective, personal opinion on the citizens of her state.

Parasites aren't of the same species. Try again.

The placenta is an organ, btw. I think that's where the confusion is emanating.

so long as it is feeding, breathing and being kept alive through the body of another on its way to being something other then the host... as far as i am concerned .....the term parasite fits.

Sorry, you aren't responsible for defining the term. There is an accepted definition, and that's not it.

so long as it is feeding, breathing and being kept alive through the body of another on its way to being something other then the host... as far as i am concerned .....the term parasite fits.

Sorry, you aren't responsible for defining the term. There is an accepted definition, and that's not it.

Or tumor/cancer since it will kill the mother if it is not removed in some way by 9 months or so.

And Syrenn is correct. Birth is the transition from internal to external parasite.

parasite really gets you doesn't it kg? When applied loosely..... yes parasite does fit what a fetus is.

parasite really gets you doesn't it kg? When applied loosely..... yes parasite does fit what a fetus is.
And birth is the tranistion from internal to external parasite for at least another 18 years.
If you are lucky ;)
They could turn out to be a message board poster at 30 living in moms basement.

And here is how they shuffle the money so they can claim that only 3 percent of funding goes to abortion...

Each abortion patient also undergoes these procedures...they are *required* (you all know how much pp hates it when women are forced to undergo humiliating *mandatory* sonograms...funny they don't feel so strongly about forcing abortion clients to have std screenings, pelvic exams, and a pregnancy test which requires...*gasp* PISSING IN A CUP!! Oh the horror! How demeaning! But if that's what women have to endure in order to hide the money they spend on abortions, then that's what they'll make them endure) to undergo in order to get the pearl in the oyster....the abortion itself:

"

During your visit, you may be given the following:
  • a pregnancy test
  • a chance to speak with a trained staff person about all of your choices: abortion, adoption, and parenting
  • a conversation with the health care provider about your health history
  • lab tests/blood work
  • a pelvic exam
  • an ultrasound
  • medications to make the abortion more comfortable
  • medication if you are Rh negative
  • antibiotics or other medications
  • birth control information
  • a birth control method"
Sexual & Reproductive Health Services in Mobile - Mobile Center - Planned Parenthood

Last edited:
You said they only had ONE abortion clinic, and it was NOT pp.

I meant for that to say "I stand corrected"

Corrected my ass. You stand caught. In a lie. Again.

As much as it pains me to admit. I can be wrong on occasion. *shrug*

My wrongness however, doesn't change the fact that the Alabama republican was talking out of her ass when she claimed a fetus is the largest organ in a womans body:) (^^^^^*which is the subject of the thread, in case you forgot)

Forum List

Back