Republican Rick Scott preventing economic growth.

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
This is a bit old ( a week or two ago), but it shows just how much scum like this really care about the economy, or anything that doesn't benefit themselves.

AP: Rick Scott rejects Amazon deal | jacksonville.com

A temporary exemption would have lasted until Feb of 2014, when the warehouse would have been opened for business, creating 2,400+ jobs! (Not including the growth of local businesses, shipping companies, and state tax income).

Does this mean that Amazon would have been tax exempt anyway? No.
Once they were up and running while having momentum from business, then the taxes would have been coming in while everyone else benefits.

But, oh well. GOP and friends fucked up..... again.

This is a bit old ( a week or two ago), but it shows just how much scum like this really care about the economy, or anything that doesn't benefit themselves.

A temporary exemption would have lasted until Feb of 2014, when the warehouse would have been opened for business, creating 2,400+ jobs! (Not including the growth of local businesses, shipping companies, and state tax income).

Once they were up and running while having momentum from business, then the taxes would have been coming in while everyone else benefits.

Lose/lose. You would bitch about if they were given any exemption.

You bed wetters are opposed to profits unless they're funneled into DNC coffers.

Sales taxes on items bought on Amazon would have gone up.

I don't know... I need to read more about it.

I am sorta meh about Scott.. He's been the kind of Governor I like.. He's keeping the State going without creating huge waves as Crist did.

You bed wetters are opposed to profits unless they're funneled into DNC coffers.

You aren't getting it.
Regular tax would resume once they were open for business.

You aren't getting it.
Regular tax would resume once they were open for business.

But he wasn't getting his tax cuts in other places.

I am sorta meh about Scott.. He's been the kind of Governor I like.. He's keeping the State going without creating huge waves as Crist did.

Thats true, being honest. He has kept it running, but he has also made lots of bad decisions. LOTS.

Is this really fair, though? Do other business get the same exemption? Why does a multi-billion dollar corporation like Amazon need a temporary tax abatement to get up and going in a new state when a small mom and pop business gets no such privilege? Isn't this the kind of special treatment folks on the left have been complaining about?

Is this really fair, though? Do other business get the same exemption? Why does a multi-billion dollar corporation like Amazon need a temporary tax abatement to get up and going in a new state when a small mom and pop business gets no such privilege? Isn't this the kind of special treatment folks on the left have been complaining about?

You make an entirely valid point.
Giving Amazon an exemption would have gotten the ball rolling. What happens after is up to them. Either keep the ball rolling and pay the tax, or call it a day and accept that million have been wasted.

Not only is it an investment for us, it's also an investment for the tax payer and state.

Doesn't the county offer breaks and incentives without all of it having to come from the state level?

Rick Scott won't be the first nor the last politician on either side to stifle progress. So what is your point, mayhap? The two party system is ripe for renewal or removal.

But anyhow, until Obama approves the Keystone XL pipeline, you liberals have no leg to stand on as far as "promoting economic growth" is concerned.

Aren't turds like you always whining about "corporate welfare?"

Speaking of scum who don't really care about jobs or the economy has the NLRB changed it's tune on Boeing's South Carolina plant?

Thats true, being honest. He has kept it running, but he has also made lots of bad decisions. LOTS.

Not in my mind. He actually has made some decisions that surprised me that I felt were very good. And he has made government very transparent.

When is the left ever going to stop whining about the unfairness of controlling only 2/3 of the government?

It's ironic to read a thread like this. All of a sudden corporations like Amazon are not so bad anymore when it's a Republican to blame for the hindrance of their progress. If it were Democrat, we would hear resounding support of the move and the tired old refrain of "corporations are growing out of control, they don't need tax exemptions! They're fucking over the working man, and they need to pay their fair share!"

You Democrats have no idea how hypocritical you sound right now, do you?

Last edited:
Rick Scott won't be the first nor the last politician on either side to stifle progress. So what is your point, mayhap? The two party system is ripe for renewal or removal.

But anyhow, until Obama approves the Keystone XL pipeline, you liberals have no leg to stand on as far as "promoting economic growth" is concerned.

If you lived here, you would see he hasn't really done much to stifle progress. He has been making smart decisions, which infuriates a certain number of people here in the state.

Arkansas called. They said that their oil spill hasn't been cleaned up yet.

Aren't turds like you always whining about "corporate welfare?"

I'm whining about taxes and regulation.

Forum List

Back