Republican Rick Scott preventing economic growth.

Rick Scott won't be the first nor the last politician on either side to stifle progress. So what is your point, mayhap? The two party system is ripe for renewal or removal.

But anyhow, until Obama approves the Keystone XL pipeline, you liberals have no leg to stand on as far as "promoting economic growth" is concerned.

Arkansas called. They said that their oil spill hasn't been cleaned up yet.

Reality called. Our infrastructure doesn't support that fully electric car you're driving right now. Call back in about 30 years.

Rick Scott won't be the first nor the last politician on either side to stifle progress. So what is your point, mayhap? The two party system is ripe for renewal or removal.

But anyhow, until Obama approves the Keystone XL pipeline, you liberals have no leg to stand on as far as "promoting economic growth" is concerned.

Arkansas called. They said that their oil spill hasn't been cleaned up yet.

Then tell 'em to get off their ass and get to work. It's just oil for Christ's sake

This is a bit old ( a week or two ago), but it shows just how much scum like this really care about the economy, or anything that doesn't benefit themselves.

AP: Rick Scott rejects Amazon deal | jacksonville.com

A temporary exemption would have lasted until Feb of 2014, when the warehouse would have been opened for business, creating 2,400+ jobs! (Not including the growth of local businesses, shipping companies, and state tax income).

Does this mean that Amazon would have been tax exempt anyway? No.
Once they were up and running while having momentum from business, then the taxes would have been coming in while everyone else benefits.

But, oh well. GOP and friends fucked up..... again.

Aren't turds like you always whining about "corporate welfare?"

I'm whining about taxes and regulation.

It's always something with you bed wetters. You're never happy with anything.

If you lived here, you would see he hasn't really done much to stifle progress. He has been making smart decisions, which infuriates a certain number of people here in the state.

I'm taking the objective approach. I don't live there so I can't really speak to what microeconomic impact his decisions have on you and your state.

If you lived here, you would see he hasn't really done much to stifle progress. He has been making smart decisions, which infuriates a certain number of people here in the state.

The most recent one I liked was when he sided with the students and against pressure and blocked raising tuition prices
:cool:

The most recent one I liked was when he sided with the students and against pressure and blocked raising tuition prices

What I was speaking to was the fact that even if he had been responsible for "impeding progress" it isn't as if the Democrats are blameless.

I don't know... I need to read more about it.

I am sorta meh about Scott.. He's been the kind of Governor I like.. He's keeping the State going without creating huge waves as Crist did.

Thats true, being honest. He has kept it running, but he has also made lots of bad decisions. LOTS.

Not in my mind. He actually has made some decisions that surprised me that I felt were very good. And he has made government very transparent.

Agreed to the point that I would vote for him again.

The OP makes an assumption that the story doesn't support, that being it's is all on Scott that the deal didn't go through. It is possible that Amazon asked for too much, but the story really doesn't support that theory either. Maybe it's better to wait and see when the FACTS come out before passing judgement.

Our unemployment rate has now dropped by more than 3 percentage points from two years ago – the second biggest drop in the country. We are now at 7.9 percent unemployment – a 4-year low. And, we aren’t stopping there.
We have cut state debt by $2 billion.
And teacher's are getting a raise, our taxes have dropped, tution isn't being raised, etc., etc., etc.

This is a bit old ( a week or two ago), but it shows just how much scum like this really care about the economy, or anything that doesn't benefit themselves.

A temporary exemption would have lasted until Feb of 2014, when the warehouse would have been opened for business, creating 2,400+ jobs! (Not including the growth of local businesses, shipping companies, and state tax income).

Once they were up and running while having momentum from business, then the taxes would have been coming in while everyone else benefits.

Aren't turds like you always whining about "corporate welfare?"

I'm whining about taxes and regulation.

You're defending corporate welfare, hypocrite.

What I was speaking to was the fact that even if he had been responsible for "impeding progress" it isn't as if the Democrats are blameless.

I know.....
Ya gotta figure we also have Bill Nelson
:eusa_whistle:

If the state is going to collect taxes they should collect taxes, not hand out exemptions to businesses that don't need them.

Forum List

Back