Republican vs Republican on healthcare

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
In Ohio, Kasich has framed the Medicaid decision as a moral cause, using the language of his Christian beliefs.

The Bible runs his life "not just on Sunday, but just about every day," he said in his annual State of the State address in February.

"I can't look at the disabled, I can't look at the poor, I can't look at the mentally ill, I can't look at the addicted and think we ought to ignore them," he told lawmakers.

In some states, it's Republicans vs. Republican on covering the uninsured | Fox News

Hi Chris! Long time no see!

"It's designed to provide coverage to about 20 million uninsured people if all states accept. Washington would pick up the full cost for the first three years and 90 percent over the long haul."

What happens after the three years is over and what does '90 percent over the long haul' mean?

Whoops!!!

t_polkow stepped in it.

Last edited:
Republican vs Republican on healthcare

Arizona's Brewer could be a study in pragmatism.

Once a staunch opponent of "Obamacare," she surprised the political world in January by announcing she would push to expand Medicaid to some 300,000 low-income Arizonans. She called it a fiscally prudent move that would return economic dividends to the state, and stressed that Arizona would back out if Washington reneged on funding.

what some Rs are beginning to realize is the ACA may actually be a positive for Health Care Reform the public will embrace when the details begin to take effect.

the small gov't philosophy of the Republicans is about to get Torpedoed and them with it ...

It's full of holes and hidden stuff we don't even know about yet. I have serious doubts that Kasich will be re-elected...

seems like you get government paid medical care for the rest of your life :eusa_whistle:

Seems like I fucking earned it, and it's not free either dumbass........

Spoken like a lifer who couldn't hack it in the real world, now you want a free ride on the taxpayer
People who worked all their lives and are now unemployed also deserve it.

Last edited:
Wait until we expand it to universal single payer. You neanderthals will be shouting from the rooftops how the world is going to end. And the costs will go down, as they have in every nation that has such a program. Canada, Japan, Taiwan, just to name a few, cover all their citizens, and pay far less per capita than does this nation.

Wait until all those middle class and lower get hit with the penalty,, er i mean tax....

Part of my wages is the health care my employer pays for me. Now were that money to come out of my paycheck, and everyone elses paycheck, my employer would actually be in a better position to compete on the global market. Where ever they have universal single payer, they get better results, and pay less, than here in the States.

Spoken like a lifer who couldn't hack it in the real world, now you want a free ride on the taxpayer

Um, excuse me, what?
I'm sorry, but of all the people on this forum, people like him and Flagg deserve much more than healthcare benefits. At the least, they deserve your respect. Saying he couldn't hack it in the real world is the equivalent to smacking him.

Maybe you should think before you start typing. It'll do you a world of good.

Wait until we expand it to universal single payer. You neanderthals will be shouting from the rooftops how the world is going to end. And the costs will go down, as they have in every nation that has such a program. Canada, Japan, Taiwan, just to name a few, cover all their citizens, and pay far less per capita than does this nation.

I always love it especially the ones that did 20 years government service and now get lifetime medical care and they whine about anyone else who needs it.

seems like you get government paid medical care for the rest of your life :eusa_whistle:

Damned shame there are still liberal assholes out there who not only don't want to pay their debts as promised but even talk shit about those who spent their life making sure they had the right to bitch about them..... You want free healthcare for all under Obamacare yet you would take away what is left of the healthcare i was promised. That I don't get.

Why is it if you spend your career in the military these assholes think you couldn't hack it in the real world? And the reality is that they couldn't walk a fucking mile with a so called lifer. So let's go forward in time from retirement. Got the first check, will it pay the bills? nope, better get a job then. But, you are now 40 years old. there are three states of mind looking at you.
1. Not this guy he'll want paid too much
2. Hell no not this old fart who will retire in 20 years.
3. Not going to hire this guy because he'll run off after the first Government job that comes along.

Real fucking easy huh? So what happened? I took a job, part time as an estimator for a small home improvement company. Part time Commission..... 6 Months later i was the Salaried General manager of the Company and within a year we nearly doubled in size and sales.....

But i couldn't hack it.......Fuck you dumb asses.........

BTW, my healthcare costs are well over $4000 a year. A far far cry from free... Oh and they are talking about adding more costs to that. It could double by next year. But my retirement won't go up.....And you don't get rich on Army Retirement.

Then you can pay for it just like Ollie does.

Yes everyone should pay for it and it should be available to all, pre-existing conditions and all.

He reminds me of a little piggy at the trough filling his belly and watching out the corner of his eye to make sure no one else gets any food

In Washington, the head of the Catholic Health Association tells the story of a fellow nun who tried to persuade an Ohio GOP legislator to support Kasich's proposal, only to be rebuffed. Sister Carol Keehan, who backs the Medicaid expansion, says the lawmaker told the nun the uninsured could go to community health fairs for basic preventive care.

"He said, `Sister, they can get their blood pressures taken at the fire station,"' said Keehan, whose organization represents Catholic hospitals. "Would you want your blood pressure taken at the fire station?"

In some states, it's Republicans vs. Republican on covering the uninsured | Fox News

Forum List

Back