Republican vs Republican on healthcare

seems like you get government paid medical care for the rest of your life :eusa_whistle:

Seems like I fucking earned it, and it's not free either dumbass........

Spoken like a lifer who couldn't hack it in the real world, now you want a free ride on the taxpayer
People who worked all their lives and are now unemployed also deserve it.

Lol..you judlst hammered 98% of liberals.......nice job!

seems like you get government paid medical care for the rest of your life :eusa_whistle:

Spoken like a lifer who couldn't hack it in the real world, now you want a free ride on the taxpayer
People who worked all their lives and are now unemployed also deserve it.

If you think military service is such an easy racket, why didn't you donate 20 years of your life, and then reap all those great benefits? Were you one of those quiters who couldn't hack it in the military?

I spent 20 years in they Navy, working on aircraft, often 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, and freezing my ass off on a cold flight deck with a 30 knot wind in my face. Sleeping in quarters so cramped that it would have been illegal to put federal prisoners in them. And, doing this on a pay scale that would make a civilian cry. I believe I earned that retirement check, many times over.

BTW, military service is such a racket, that 30 year retirees have an average life span of about 5 years after they leave the service.

Retirees don't get any free health care. They get a retirement check and are eligible to participate in Tricare.

Republican vs Republican on healthcare

Arizona's Brewer could be a study in pragmatism.

Once a staunch opponent of "Obamacare," she surprised the political world in January by announcing she would push to expand Medicaid to some 300,000 low-income Arizonans. She called it a fiscally prudent move that would return economic dividends to the state, and stressed that Arizona would back out if Washington reneged on funding.

what some Rs are beginning to realize is the ACA may actually be a positive for Health Care Reform the public will embrace when the details begin to take effect.

the small gov't philosophy of the Republicans is about to get Torpedoed and them with it ...

Republicans, at least those running the show, are no more 'small government' than democrats are. It's just a convenient pitch when they're not in power. As far as ACA goes, the corporatists in the Republican party want it just as bad as the corporatists on the Democrat side. No surprise there.

In Ohio, Kasich has framed the Medicaid decision as a moral cause, using the language of his Christian beliefs.

The Bible runs his life "not just on Sunday, but just about every day," he said in his annual State of the State address in February.

"I can't look at the disabled, I can't look at the poor, I can't look at the mentally ill, I can't look at the addicted and think we ought to ignore them," he told lawmakers.

In some states, it's Republicans vs. Republican on covering the uninsured | Fox News

It will be interesting to see republicans conflict on the issue, as some seek to do the right thing (for whatever bizarre reason) and others resist to appease their partisan base.

Rick Scott is another republican governor conflicting with republicans in the Florida Legislature.

I keep seeing people flap-yapping about 'free' healthcare. No such thing. There are many ways to pay for a real health care system. It would pay us to look at how the various nations that have a successful healthcare system do it, and adapt one that would best fit our system.

There are a bunch of nations out there whose healthcare systems cost half what ours does per capita, and they have better results. Longer life spans, lower infant mortality. Why on earth are we sticking with failure? Other than that failure is making some people rich at the expense of the rest of us.

I keep seeing people flap-yapping about 'free' healthcare. No such thing. There are many ways to pay for a real health care system. It would pay us to look at how the various nations that have a successful healthcare system do it, and adapt one that would best fit our system.

There are a bunch of nations out there whose healthcare systems cost half what ours does per capita, and they have better results. Longer life spans, lower infant mortality. Why on earth are we sticking with failure? Other than that failure is making some people rich at the expense of the rest of us.

Rocks you have been told this so many times,yet you keep on repeating it....a longer life span has nothing to do with the Health Care System......it has to do with Lifestyle.....you can have Dr. Crusher on the Enterprise as your Doctor....if YOU dont take care of yourself then there is only so much that can be done for you.....this Country would need a hell of a lot of people to change their ways to get this Countries life span avg to be longer.....

Rocks you have been told this so many times,yet you keep on repeating it....a longer life span has nothing to do with the Health Care System......it has to do with Lifestyle.....you can have Dr. Crusher on the Enterprise as your Doctor....if YOU dont take care of yourself then there is only so much that can be done for you.....this Country would need a hell of a lot of people to change their ways to get this Countries life span avg to be longer.....

Not always true. Health screenings stop small problems become major problem. It happened to an aquaintance of mine. He died of colon cancer at age 55, it was detected too late. He wasn't overweight, didn't ever smoke or drink. An ex viet combat vet that was always self employed and couldn't afford health insurance. He worked many hours and probably missed out on some free health screenings offered now and then.
We keep hearing we're the greatest country in the world and yet other countries, even those that lost WW2 like Germany and Japan, have better health care for the average citizen that we do.

Last edited:
It's full of holes and hidden stuff we don't even know about yet. I have serious doubts that Kasich will be re-elected...

Oh! So could we sum up your opinion on the matter as "Military men earned it, everyone else, fuck'em let the markets decide?"

Not always true. Health screenings stop small problems become major problem. It happened to an aquaintance of mine. He died of colon cancer at age 55, it was detected too late. He wasn't overweight, didn't ever smoke or drink. An ex viet combat vet that was always self employed and couldn't afford health insurance. He worked many hours and probably missed out on some free health screenings offered now and then.
We keep hearing we're the greatest country in the world and yet other countries, even those that lost WW2 like Germany and Japan, have better health care for the average citizen that we do.

there is a difference between HEALTH CARE and a HEALTH SYSTEM....and your late friends situation has nothing to do with what i was talking about does it?....do you realize haw many men who have top notch Health Ins will not go for a Colonoscopy because of their stupid attitude about someone sticking something up their ass?....Longevity has nothing to do with the System or Health care.....if you dont take care of yourself....

Oh! So could we sum up your opinion on the matter as "Military men earned it, everyone else, fuck'em let the markets decide?"

if they were promised that going in.....yea.....they put the time required in to get it....they did their part......at the same time if you started work for a Company 30 years ago and you were promised certain things when you retire and you put in those 30 years....then you should get what was promised to you....the new guys starting might have to settle for less or something else....

Never heard anyone say that either. There are so many different ways to have healthcare without the Government forcing it. Military it just happens to be part of their pay, part that congress keeps changing on us. Just as it is with many corporations.... There are health savings accounts for instance and private insurance...then of course there is medicaid, which my brother uses. He gets free medical care. Doesn't pay into the system. hasn't paid into the system since he was about 25, he is now 58. Been on medicaid, SSI, and food stamps ever since...I don't think any of it should be taken away from him. Or anyone like him. But, Obamacare is not the answer.....

if they were promised that going in.....yea.....they put the time required in to get it....they did their part......at the same time if you started work for a Company 30 years ago and you were promised certain things when you retire and you put in those 30 years....then you should get what was promised to you....the new guys starting might have to settle for less or something else....
Unless it's Peabody Energy, apparently.

Daily Kos: This week in the War on Workers: Judge lets coal company dump retiree health*benefits

Peabody Energy, the largest coal company in the world, decided a few years back that it was inconvenient to pay its retiree health care obligations. So it spun off a new company, Patriot Coal, giving Patriot Coal 13 percent of Peabody's coal and 40 percent of its health care costs, in the form of thousands of retired coal miners with the black lung and other costly conditions they got working for Peabody. Then, as if that wasn't enough, Patriot went ahead and acquired another spin-off company with serious health care liabilities. Then it decided to declare bankruptcy, because after all, it had a lot of debt and not much in the way of assets.
And now a judge has said Patriot Coal can just dump its retiree health benefit obligations, because screw it, those miners didn't deserve such good benefits anyway and what else is Patriot going to do? It's not like there's a guarantee anyone can make Peabody pay up for its obvious ploy to save itself those retiree health care costs, whereas union contracts are, to bankruptcy Judge Kathy Surratt-States, so much toilet paper. The health benefits being jettisoned were going to people like Alana Green:
<more>

Last edited:
Yep sounds almost like what uncle Sam continues to do to the military retirees. So you found one company to use as an example that our laws are screwed up. At least from the one side that you show. So fix those laws.

I spent 2 years trying to fix one sentence in a law. Everyone I talked with or corresponded with all the way up to the Sergeant major of the Army, and the Secretary of Defense healthcare. two congressmen and 2 Senators, they all agreed that the law wasn't meant to do what it did. (Cut my wife and more than 100 others off of all healthcare for 6 months) it's still not fixed. And I still send out an email about it now and then. Just to continue to be a pain.. You would think since they were rewriting the whole healthcare epic they could have fixed one little sentence.....

Forum List

Back