Republicans are clueless when it comes to fixing the economy

Here is proof extending unemployment insurance stimulates economic growth and thus creates jobs. The heart of Obama's stimulus package. Proof that just because something seems counter intuitive, it doesn't mean it isn't true. Government can and does create jobs.

bang-for-the-buck.jpg

Who made up that ridiculous chart, Nancy Pelosi? LOL!

I am O.K. with the chart if someone can show me how they obtained these numbers.

Here is proof extending unemployment insurance stimulates economic growth and thus creates jobs. The heart of Obama's stimulus package. Proof that just because something seems counter intuitive, it doesn't mean it isn't true. Government can and does create jobs.

bang-for-the-buck.jpg

That's not proof of anything, Billy.

Food stamps and unemployment are the drivers of the Obama economic miracle!

It is proof actually. Don't blame me just because you arent smart enough to understand it.

No, it's not proof of anything, Billy. You don't know what proof means. Moody's didnt make up anything in that chart. I would bet the ultimate source is Mark Zandi, who has been one of the most clueless cheerleaders for Team Obama from Day 1.

bang-for-the-buck.jpg

I am O.K. with the chart if someone can show me how they obtained these numbers.

It took some very deep data mining, demonstrated here:
head-up-ass.jpg

That's not proof of anything, Billy.

Food stamps and unemployment are the drivers of the Obama economic miracle!

It is proof actually. Don't blame me just because you arent smart enough to understand it.

No, it's not proof of anything, Billy. You don't know what proof means. Moody's didnt make up anything in that chart. I would bet the ultimate source is Mark Zandi, who has been one of the most clueless cheerleaders for Team Obama from Day 1.

Um okay prove it is bullshit. Go ahead. Ill wait.

bang-for-the-buck.jpg

Why Extended Federal Unemployment Benefits Boost the Economy

You posted it. Prove it isn't.

But it's pretty easy. It assumes that there is a "multiplier" so when government spends one dollar it magically becomes $1.50 or something in overall economic benefit.
But there is no multiplier. One dollar can only be spent by the government if it is taken away from some productive use. You dont see the lack of productive spending of that dollar, only what the gov't spends.
For actual proof: we have spent more on UE and food stamps in the last 5 years than at any other time. ANd we have the worst economic performance post war to show for it. It clearly does not work.
QED.

But it's pretty easy. It assumes that there is a "multiplier" so when government spends one dollar it magically becomes $1.50 or something in overall economic benefit.
But there is no multiplier. One dollar can only be spent by the government if it is taken away from some productive use. You dont see the lack of productive spending of that dollar, only what the gov't spends.
For actual proof: we have spent more on UE and food stamps in the last 5 years than at any other time. ANd we have the worst economic performance post war to show for it. It clearly does not work.
QED.

QED.

That's also not proof. In fact that draws from the same source "Moody's testimony" as your chart. I'll bet all of it goes back to Mark Zandi.

QED.

That's also not proof. In fact that draws from the same source "Moody's testimony" as your chart. I'll bet all of it goes back to Mark Zandi.

Prove it. What are you waiting for?

QED.

All the article does in cite moody's. It provides the same crap...pay the bills, put money in the clerks pocket.

Was this a projection or a study of what actually happens. I'd love to see this methodology.

bang-for-the-buck.jpg

Moody did. Just because you have no understanding of economics, it doesn't mean other people don't.:cuckoo:

Just because some goof at Moody's pulled some numbers out of his ass doesn't mean it's anything other than ridiculous.

QED.

All the article does in cite moody's. It provides the same crap...pay the bills, put money in the clerks pocket.

Was this a projection or a study of what actually happens. I'd love to see this methodology.

You are welcome to try and prove it wrong. Economy.com is Moody's website.

Damn and did I call it or what?
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As Congress and the White House consider a $150 billion stimulus package that includes tax rebates and tax incentives for business, a report released Tuesday suggests that other methods would do a better job of infusing money into the flagging economy and doing it fast.

The industry research firm Moody's Economy.com tracked the potential impact of each stimulus dollar, looking at tax rebates, tax incentives for business, food stamps and expanding unemployment benefits.

The report found that "some provide a lot of bang for the buck to the economy. Others ... don't," said economist Mark Zandi.
About.com: http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/29/news/economy/stimulus_analysis/index.htm

I already showed how the idea of a "multiplier" is wrong. I showed how government spending only comes at the expense of more productive uses. I showed how all of this crap comes from one shithead pseudo-economist at Moody's. And of course I showed how despire the highest level of spending on UE and food stamps we have the worst economy in post war history.
If that doesn't persuade you Billy then nothing will. You are literally unteachable.

Republicans are NOT supposed to know how to manage an economy; their function is to prevent politicians from managing the economy.

Damn and did I call it or what?
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As Congress and the White House consider a $150 billion stimulus package that includes tax rebates and tax incentives for business, a report released Tuesday suggests that other methods would do a better job of infusing money into the flagging economy and doing it fast.

The industry research firm Moody's Economy.com tracked the potential impact of each stimulus dollar, looking at tax rebates, tax incentives for business, food stamps and expanding unemployment benefits.

The report found that "some provide a lot of bang for the buck to the economy. Others ... don't," said economist Mark Zandi.
About.com: http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/29/news/economy/stimulus_analysis/index.htm

I already showed how the idea of a "multiplier" is wrong. I showed how government spending only comes at the expense of more productive uses. I showed how all of this crap comes from one shithead pseudo-economist at Moody's. And of course I showed how despire the highest level of spending on UE and food stamps we have the worst economy in post war history.
If that doesn't persuade you Billy then nothing will. You are literally unteachable.

:lol: Nothing you said here is proof the graph is wrong.

Forum List

Back