Republicans are making it hard for dems to lose in 2018/2020

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
Roy Moore is a gift that is going to keep on giving. Unpopular tax plan. Trump increasingly irrational with horrible poll numbers (yes, yes, polls are fake, blah blah blah ...), no progress on healthcare aside from planning to rip the carpet out from under people, especially the seniors who voted for them ...their only saving grace is the economy, and that's likely to take a dip pretty soon here, unfortunately. If not a full-blown swan dive.

ALL democrats have to do is find someone halfway decent-looking and likable, with a good public speaking voice and ideas that will benefit the vast majority of Americans outside of the 1%.

But then again, this is the democratic party we're talking about here. If anyone can find a way to lose against all odds, it's them.

I'm sure voters next November are going to be discussing Roy Moore rather than the economy and policies that affect their lives. That's going to be a winning strategy

Republicans: look how much the economy is growing!

Dems: Roy Moore!

I'm sure voters next November are going to be discussing Roy Moore rather than the economy and policies that affect their lives. That's going to be a winning strategy

You can do both, you know. Remind everyone that Roy Moore exists AND talk about policy. Of course, given that it's the democratic party, they'll probably fail completely on the second part.

Moore will be a distant memory in 2018. America has a horrible attention span.

Take the Vegas shooting, for a week it was all you heard about. Today? Meh

No way the dems will forget to scream about Moore once election season hits. They are REALLY dedicated to trying to claim this moral high ground right now. And they're succeeding, because the republicans have actually sunken that low.

Also is going to depend on how much trouble Moore causes in D.C. and how much he opens his mouth.

No way the dems will forget to scream about Moore once election season hits. They are REALLY dedicated to trying to claim this moral high ground right now. And they're succeeding, because the republicans have actually sunken that low.

Also is going to depend on how much trouble Moore causes in D.C. and how much he opens his mouth.

Yeah you're probably right. The demoquacks have been screaming since last Nov.

Goofy twits

The Democrats will lose again in 2018 and 2020, and I can tell you why: Because instead of offering Americans a valid reason to vote for them, all they can do is attack the Republican candidate. They will be running on a "stop Trump" platform, without offering any real solutions to America's issues.That's not really much of a winning strategy. It didn't work for Hillary and it won't work for whatever Democrats are running in 2018 and 2020.

The Democrats will lose again in 2018 and 2020, and I can tell you why: Because instead of offering Americans a valid reason to vote for them, all they can do is attack the Republican candidate. They will be running on a "stop Trump" platform, without offering any real solutions to America's issues.That's not really much of a winning strategy. It didn't work for Hillary and it won't work for whatever Democrats are running in 2018 and 2020.

Depends on the economy. The economy stays up? Trump/the Rs might stand a good chance. It slips? They're fucked, even if the dems pull their usual bullshit cheap tricks.

The economy keeps gathering steam the dems better come up with something other than Trump is a meanie

Yeah you're probably right. The demoquacks have been screaming since last Nov.

Goofy twits

You're right. It's been one long continuous uninterrupted scream that started the night they found out Hillary lost.

If I could just figure out a way to get that scream in a bottle, I'd make a fortune selling it for repelling rodents, mice, and squirrels.

Depends on the economy. The economy stays up? Trump/the Rs might stand a good chance. It slips? They're fucked, even if the dems pull their usual bullshit cheap tricks.

I see no way the economy will go sour. These aren't the same amateurs and hacks we saw in the Obama administration. They seem to know what they're doing.

I see no way the economy will go sour. These aren't the same amateurs and hacks we saw in the Obama administration. They seem to know what they're doing.

IDK. They seem really inexperienced to me. I guess we'll find out, won't we?

Roy Moore is a gift that is going to keep on giving. Unpopular tax plan. Trump increasingly irrational with horrible poll numbers (yes, yes, polls are fake, blah blah blah ...),.

I do love it when democrats win polls...and we win elections.

Roy Moore is a gift that is going to keep on giving. Unpopular tax plan. Trump increasingly irrational with horrible poll numbers (yes, yes, polls are fake, blah blah blah ...),.

I do love it when democrats win polls...and we win elections.

There's no such thing as winning a poll. A poll isn't a contest. It's a measuring stick.

You can do both, you know. Remind everyone that Roy Moore exists AND talk about policy. Of course, given that it's the democratic party, they'll probably fail completely on the second part.

Wouldn't it be better, given your thesis, if you campaigned very very hard for Roy Moore?

Wouldn't it be better, given your thesis, if you campaigned very very hard for Roy Moore?

I'm not sure I'm hearing you right. Who are you talking about? Me in particular?

If I were a democrat, I'd love it if Moore won. I'd rather have Moore win than Jones. 1 vote is worth the swift kick in the balls that Moore presents to the republican party.

But I'm not sure I understand your question, so if you'd like to clarify, go ahead.

Thats the typical democrat delusion. That being the case though expect them to try everything from government shutdowns to tax hikes in order to slow down the economy.
I remember well Al Gore screaming about how miserable Americans were due to the economy...with a huge goofy grin on his face.
Thats not-president Al Gore.

Last edited:

Thats the typical democrat delusion. That being the case though expect them to try everything from government shutdowns to tax hikes in order to slow down the economy.
I remember well Al Gore screaming about how miserable Americans were due to the economy...with a huge goofy grin on hi face.
Thats not-president Al Gore.

??/

The only thing the democrats can do is threaten to shut down the government. Tax hikes? What the hell are you talking about?

Noone cares about Moore, Cruz, McCain (least of all McCain), or anyone else in the party. Any election will always be a vote about Trump. Primarily I would argue, that this is the key two questions: "do you like how the economy is doing? Did and is Trump keeping his campaign promises?". If the answers to both those questions; or maybe even only one of them, is "yes", 2020 is a sure win and 2018 is at least par for the course.

Noone cares about Moore, Cruz, McCain (leas of all McCain), or anyone else in the party. Any election will always be a vote about Trump. Primarily I would argue, that this is the key two questions: "do you like how the economy is doing? Did and is Trump keeping his campaign promises?". If the answers to both those questions are "yes", 2020 is a sure win and 2018 is at least par for the course.

You're forgetting the anti-Trump animus that's spread and the fact that many young people sat out the previous elections because they didn't like Hillary.

Forum List

Back