Republicans Arguing To Revive A Law From 1864. Nothing Says More About The GOP Than This

To the surprise of absolutely nobody.

reps vs dems shit.jpg

No, it was a comparison of a federal law regarding insurrection vs a territorial law that was written before over 1/2 of the citizens of the state had a right to vote--hence they were not represented by the lawmakers who wrote the archaic ordinances.

Actually all those who voted on it are dead, just like with a lot of other laws and the US Constitution so even this point is meaningless.

It is too Machiavellian for the Democrats but reviving this Civil War era law (60 or so years before women could vote) and baiting the trap for the GOP...or is it?

I still doubt the Dems framed the GOP so well but if they did...well played guys. You give us all hope
And so the past has nothing to do with today.

Yeah...I know.

This is what makes me wonder if somewhere in the bowels of the DNC, some operative tipped off some Gosarian type of backwards thinking idiot GOP legislator about the existence of this archaic nonsense for the very purpose to having most/all of the GOP hop on board...200 days before the election when people are starting to pay attention. If so, I tip my hat to them. Politically, Short term loss/ long term potential gain.

The GOP has a chance to flip AZ. I don't think they do it but it's definitely a battleground state. This hurts their chances.

That is a federal law that you’re talking about so the civil war and the survival of the nation were front of mind. Not in the same hemisphere of being the same thing as a state law being used to make healthcare decisions affecting people who didn’t have the right to vote at the time the law was written.

You are Loco.

Forum List

Back