Republicans Create Rider To Stop Net Neutrality

there is nothing wrong with the internet, except that the federal gov. cannot find a way to get their mitts on it to make money; fees and taxes AND control, because thats what government does.

Mark my words- if this flys and the FCC get its hands into it, check your internet billing a year or so down the road, I guarantee you, that you will be paying more and getting less.

What has this regime done to make anyone more free or equal?

there is nothing wrong with the internet, except that the federal gov. cannot find a way to get their mitts on it to make money; fees and taxes AND control, because thats what government does.

Mark my words- if this flys and the FCC get its hands into it, check your internet billing a year or so down the road, I guarantee you, that you will be paying more and getting less.

Ok since you seem so convinced, how exactly will this legislation cause you to "pay more and get less"? Specifically.

LOL! That will happen either way. I think the answer in the free market is gather thousands of people to fund putting their own satellite for wireless in orbit. A total package deal for phones & various media types, and compete against corporations. That will bring the costs rapidly down if gov. doesn't stick their nose in it.

Ok since you seem so convinced, how exactly will this legislation cause you to "pay more and get less"? Specifically.

All government regulation forces prices to go up faster.

Link?

I work more than 8 hours. What's the problem with that?

Not good for the human body, but otherwise working 24/7 is a go! Make it while you can, because you can't take back yeserday. My dad told me, You can't reach in your pocket and pull out time. Time is something we never own.

What has this regime done to make anyone more free or equal?

It removed FOIA restrictions Bush had in place.

You're not old enough to remember long distance charges on your phone bill, are you? Your only political consciousness consist of George Bush and Barack Obama.

So you're not going to provide proof for your claim?

Link?

What was the real (2010) cost of air travel when it was regulated? What was the real cost of long distance phone charges when it was regulated?

When it was unregulated they went belly up and needed to be bailed out to prevent foreign air services from taking the USA over.

Phone, cable,wireless charges are still too high.

Read about airline regulation, son.

Everyone was "neutral" then.

Airline Deregulation: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

Airfares, when adjusted for inflation, have fallen 25 percent since 1991, and, according to Clifford Winston and Steven Morrison of the Brookings Institution, are 22 percent lower than they would have been had regulation continued (Morrison and Winston 2000). Since passenger deregulation in 1978, airline prices have fallen 44.9 percent in real terms according to the Air Transport Association. Robert Crandall and Jerry Ellig (1997) estimated that when figures are adjusted for changes in quality and amenities, passengers save $19.4 billion dollars per year from airline deregulation. These savings have been passed on to 80 percent of passengers accounting for 85 percent of passenger miles. The real benefits of airline deregulation are being felt today as never before, with LCCs increasingly gaining market share.

The dollar savings are a direct result of allowing airlines the freedom to innovate in routes and pricing. After deregulation, the airlines quickly moved to a hub-and-spoke system, whereby an airline selected some airport (the hub) as the destination point for flights from a number of origination cities (the spokes). Because the size of the planes used varied according to the travel on that spoke, and since hubs allowed passenger travel to be consolidated in “transfer stations,” capacity utilization (“load factors”) increased, allowing fare reduction. The hub-and-spoke model survives among the legacy carriers, but the LCCs—now 30 percent of the market—typically fly point to point. The network hubs model offers consumers more convenience for routes, but point-to-point routes have proven less costly for airlines to implement. Over time, the legacy carriers and the LCCs will likely use some combination of point-to-point and network hubs to capture both economies of scope and pricing advantages.

Grow up and learn some history.

Here are all the "choices" you had when telecom was regulated and "neutral."

How Deregulation Changed The Telecommunications Industry - Research and Read Books, Journals, Articles at Questia Online Library

To understand how MCI could charge less than AT&T, it is important to note that AT&T rates were set by regulatory agencies and averaged over both profitable and unprofitable territories. MCI saw the opportunity to cherry-pick the most lucrative territories and customers, and steadily increased their long distance options to create a new long distance empire. The economic rule - if you can't build a better mouse trap, then sell the one you have cheaper - applied perfectly to this scenario, MCI simply leased regulated lines from AT&T and leased them again at unregulated prices.

As their success grew, MCI continued to cherry-pick more profitable commercial customers, accumulating capital to eventually build their own long distance lines, supplement their network offerings and rely on regulated AT&T lines only when it was to their economic advantage.

AT&T reacted to such deregulated activities by attempting to impede the progress MCI was making in serving their best national long distance customers. AT&T created ...

Forum List

Back