Republicans Drowning the Baby called Government as per Norquist.

The government expanded during Reagan who tripled the national debt and saw another expansion under Bush 2 who doubled the national debt.

The government expanded during Reagan who tripled the national debt and saw another expansion under Bush 2 who doubled the national debt.

Reality based posting is considered bad form here at USMB, mate.

the last thing our resident partisans need or want is facts that she light on the dark recesses of their ideological delusions.

the fact that Reagan increased the size of government and increased taxes on most people are facts that must be ignored at your peril.

To note such facts makes you, in the eyes of the GOP partisans, at least, some kind of communist or something.

the last thing our resident partisans need or want is facts that she light on the dark recesses of their ideological delusions.

the fact that Reagan increased the size of government and increased taxes on most people are facts that must be ignored at your peril.

To note such facts makes you, in the eyes of the GOP partisans, at least, some kind of communist or something.

I'm not defending the insanity that is nearly a trillion dollars a year being added to our ND. Just hate the partisan bullshit. If the next president is a GOPper, this same trend will continue. What point will such burden become unacceptable, 40 trillion, 100 trillion. When you google the history of the ND, you'll see where many administrations paid down on it. It goes up and down, wartime presidents tended to add the most, but still, Carter left office with a 980 billion in debt. The increases went on steroids under Reagan. What took two hundred years to accumulate, he doubled in less than three years and tripled in eight. Both parties own this mess. The finger pointing helps not at all.

I'm not defending the insanity that is nearly a trillion dollars a year being added to our ND. Just hate the partisan bullshit. If the next president is a GOPper, this same trend will continue. What point will such burden become unacceptable, 40 trillion, 100 trillion. When you google the history of the ND, you'll see where many administrations paid down on it. It goes up and down, wartime presidents tended to add the most, but still, Carter left office with a 980 billion in debt. The increases went on steroids under Reagan. What took two hundred years to accumulate, he doubled in less than three years and tripled in eight. Both parties own this mess. The finger pointing helps not at all.

Well in this case it does..

Reagan is the Conservative Gold Standard.

Good thing the democrats got elected and cut that debt down nicely.

Last thing we needed was for the debt to double....again...

You know, I must be the odd man out when it comes to conservatives. I've read on here that my bible should be anything authored by Ann Rand (not sure of the spelling) and my priest (an analogy) should be Grover Norquist. I've heard both names bandied about by those on the left and I have to be honest... I have NEVER read anything by either and couldn't give you one thing that either supposedly believed or said. Actually, I have to admit that I don't give a chicken feather what either one says or doesn't say.

Obamacare is probably the WORST piece of legislation in the last 75 to 100 years. One of the attempts to force Congress to abide by Obamacare will not be voted on in the Senate because Harry won't let it come to the floor. The amount and who has the exemptions is a list of Democratic political butt buddies that is a national disgrace.

Barry and his minions have stated that they will not negotiate. Every President since Johnson has sat down with the Congress to hammer out a deal, but not this one.

Government shut down? Hey, the EPA and Agricultural department can't come to the ranch and stick their finger in my business? Damn, I'm so upset about that.

Good thing the democrats got elected and cut that debt down nicely.

Last thing we needed was for the debt to double....again...

Oh no, the democrats own half that ND, they are no better and the rate it's being added to now is a quicker pace then Bush which was a quicker pace than Reagan. AGAIN, while partisans are busy finger pointing, both parties are fucking us.

Last edited:

Well, no it doesn't. Because all it does is keep people fighting instead of working towards a solution.

He never said anything about drowning babies. That was your own addition.

It was Norquist that talked about shrinking government and drowning it in the bathtub.

It was probably a play on the old expression, "Don't throw the bathwater out with the baby".

In any case..this thread isn't about babies..

It's about the government you conservatives want to kill.

House offered to fund the government expect for ObamaCare, Reid and Obama response, Let them die!

Well, no it doesn't. Because all it does is keep people fighting instead of working towards a solution.

The "solution" is pretty clear.

The conservatives follow precedent and hand the President of the United States a clean bill.

If they don't do that..the shutdown will continue.

The "solution" is pretty clear.

The conservatives follow precedent and hand the President of the United States a clean bill.

If they don't do that..the shutdown will continue.

The solution, is that the ACA has problems that should be addressed. But the republicans are too busy trying to scrap the whole thing, while the democrats are too proud to change anything.

Forum List

Back