Republicans Hate Babies, schoolchildren, the elderly, unemployed, welfare, immigrants

How cute, a bunch of callous conservatives having a circle jerk. Serious issues deserve serious debate, not a herd of sheep all bleating the same sorry tune.

Exactly. You understand why I made this thread making fun of the liberal herd of sheep all bleating the same sorry tune about republicans instead of debating the actual issues of what we must cut and by how much we can cut every single government agency and program to get our budget under control.

Notice I said cut and not eliminate.

Eliminating wouldn't be a sign of hate either.

I have a lot more faith in americans than most do. I'd rather cut programs/cut taxes and let the charitable will of the american public take over and allow them the choice of how to help. I'd have more faith in that scenario than our current huge, inefficient, nation-bankrupting government programs.

We are the most charitable nation, per citizen, of all countries in the world so your opinion has a firm basis in reality.

I know this thread is meant to be a little silly, but when was the last time republicans had power in government and scaled back any big government program?

They created a huge one in the department of homeland security, and grew every big gov't program I can think of from 2001-2007 when they were in power.

Keep in mind this wasn't just a few rogue "rhinos" or whatever the term is, it was the entire party.

No, no, no, you don't understand. The only time Republicans want to scale things back is when Democrats are in control. When that changes then they have to cut taxes on the wealthy so that wealth will trickle down to the rest of us. BTW: I'm still waiting for the first drop to trickle down to me.

Of course, President Obama's idea of flooding the basement has done little except bring me a lot closer to that bottom step.

So what the heck is a good guy like me supposed to do?

Immie

Do what I do, do your best to ignore it :cool:
The rest of my life, and the rest of yours, government is going to be screwing us over (unless you become a billionaire, millions isn't enough in 2011 and beyond) and we're completely helpless to stop it.

Enjoy your family, your friends, life, and try to find a way to enjoy being broke lol.

How about you all just donate everything you have and I become a billionaire? That would sure as heck make my life a lot easier.

Immie

How cute, a bunch of callous conservatives having a circle jerk. Serious issues deserve serious debate, not a herd of sheep all bleating the same sorry tune.

Exactly. You understand why I made this thread making fun of the liberal herd of sheep all bleating the same sorry tune about republicans instead of debating the actual issues of what we must cut and by how much we can cut every single government agency and program to get our budget under control.

Notice I said cut and not eliminate.

Again, isn't it frustrating when a herd of sheep refuse to have a civil debate and instead turn to radical one-liners? Perhaps a review of the tea party rallies of 2009 would refresh your memory as to why it was so frustrating for us to try to attempt a civil conversation with conservatives. Karma's a bitch.
The tea party rallies dont really relate to the congress' inability to debate this issue without the B.S. liberal lines such as "republicans want seniors eating dog food" "Republicans will raise the national deficit by cutting spending more than they would if they dont cut spending"

Congress debating vs Union/Tea Party Protesting are apples and oranges.

Eliminating wouldn't be a sign of hate either.

I have a lot more faith in americans than most do. I'd rather cut programs/cut taxes and let the charitable will of the american public take over and allow them the choice of how to help. I'd have more faith in that scenario than our current huge, inefficient, nation-bankrupting government programs.

I'm of the opinion that if taxes were raised another two points and a 5% across the board cut in every agency happened, we could be out of this fiscal mess in a year, and THEN start figuring out a permanent path to sustainability.

Your opinion is incorrect. Tax receipts are down because of lack of economic growth. Raising tax rates further will not increase growth.

I remember learning about that at college, the Laffer curve.

Laffer curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <-------why do so many on one side of the issue ignore this?!?!?!?!

I'm of the opinion that if taxes were raised another two points and a 5% across the board cut in every agency happened, we could be out of this fiscal mess in a year, and THEN start figuring out a permanent path to sustainability.

I think the fed has a lot more control of it since they control how strong our dollar is for the most part.

But I think it would take a lot more tax raises and a lot more cuts to clean the current mess.

Laffer curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <-------why do so many on one side of the issue ignore this?!?!?!?!

because it's been debunked?

Economist's View: Who

The Laffer Curve debunked; Part One | Jay Bookman

Dutifully noted.

Ya ever try just scrolling on by people you don't like to converse with?

When the option is available, I have found the Ignore feature to be far preferable at the other messageboards I've been at. It reduces the temptation to do something stupid like read or respond to those posts after the initial anger, frustration, annoyance, etc... with the poster has gone away.

I think the fed has a lot more control of it since they control how strong our dollar is for the most part.

But I think it would take a lot more tax raises and a lot more cuts to clean the current mess.

Especially in a year.

I think Maggie's heart is in the right place on that, but I think she should do the math on it, because I simply don't see where she is getting her idea.

Immie

I agree that her heart is in the right place.

We need to raise federal tax revenue while cutting federal spending by enough to actually reduce our debt.

How to raise the revenues is a great debate
What to cut and how much to cut it is also a great debate.

It sucks that most people can't have that debate without degrading to namecalling or false labelling of opponents.

I know this thread is meant to be a little silly, but when was the last time republicans had power in government and scaled back any big government program?

They created a huge one in the department of homeland security, and grew every big gov't program I can think of from 2001-2007 when they were in power.

Keep in mind this wasn't just a few rogue "rhinos" or whatever the term is, it was the entire party.

Hence my avatar ;)

Trust me I know most republicans are exactly the same as most democrats, at least the freshmen republicans are causing a stir instead of abiding by the status quo.

The freshman haven't had to prove themselves yet, my guess they're going against democrats because they're democrats, not because they believe in the principles of small gov't/low taxes/low spending.

When they get put in power, if they actually do those things, I'll ride my unicorn to voting booths the rest of my life voting republican.

If that was a typo, PLEASE don't correct it!! :lol:

It was not. :eusa_angel:

I noticed it, but wasn't going to say anything after my beef with Lasher from the other day. :eusa_shhh:

Immie

It's was actually a legit question. My spell check doesn't work on USMB and my spelling stinks, not to mention my grammar [grammer?].

So my attempt at a little extra humor came up short b/c of that.
~~~~~

So was that a pun? Meatings - my 'beef' with Lasher. Or was that just funny to me?

Speaking of Lasher. Who the heck is Lasher?

Especially in a year.

I think Maggie's heart is in the right place on that, but I think she should do the math on it, because I simply don't see where she is getting her idea.

Immie

I agree that her heart is in the right place.

We need to raise federal tax revenue while cutting federal spending by enough to actually reduce our debt.

How to raise the revenues is a great debate
What to cut and how much to cut it is also a great debate.

It sucks that most people can't have that debate without degrading to namecalling or false labelling of opponents.

But don't you think that would take all the fun out of a site like this?

Immie

Debunked by blogger Jay bookman? C'mon now Jay Bookman? Really?

That link contains no factual debunking, just opinions as to why Bookman believes Laffer's theory to be wrong.

Dutifully noted.

Ya ever try just scrolling on by people you don't like to converse with?

When the option is available, I have found the Ignore feature to be far preferable at the other messageboards I've been at. It reduces the temptation to do something stupid like read or respond to those posts after the initial anger, frustration, annoyance, etc... with the poster has gone away.

There's one big problem: the Ignore Feature doesn't prevent YOU from writing post after post filled with anger, frustration and annoyance.

Hence my avatar ;)

Trust me I know most republicans are exactly the same as most democrats, at least the freshmen republicans are causing a stir instead of abiding by the status quo.

The freshman haven't had to prove themselves yet, my guess they're going against democrats because they're democrats, not because they believe in the principles of small gov't/low taxes/low spending.

When they get put in power, if they actually do those things, I'll ride my unicorn to voting booths the rest of my life voting republican.

I hope they do those things, thats how they got into office.

I hope even more that if they don't the get voted right back out into the real world again!

That link contains no factual debunking, just opinions as to why Bookman believes Laffer's theory to be wrong.

Nice focusing on Bookman and ignoring Krugman.

cherry pick much?

According to Chris Mathews we are racists as well for disagreeing withe the Presidents policies.Recently
Fat head Ed Shultz of MSNBC as well said the same thing on his radio show but didn't have the balls to say it on his TV show.So I guess we might as well add it to the list.

Nice focusing on Bookman and ignoring Krugman.

cherry pick much?

You really want me to give Krugman credibility? He has about as much credibility on these issues as Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh (which is none)

Did you read krugman's article? He missed a lot of variables in his assesment of the situation, the man is no economist.

Last edited:
It was not. :eusa_angel:

I noticed it, but wasn't going to say anything after my beef with Lasher from the other day. :eusa_shhh:

Immie

It's was actually a legit question. My spell check doesn't work on USMB and my spelling stinks, not to mention my grammar [grammer?].

So my attempt at a little extra humor came up short b/c of that.
~~~~~

So was that a pun? Meatings - my 'beef' with Lasher. Or was that just funny to me?

Speaking of Lasher. Who the heck is Lasher?

I use Firefox. It makes catching those errors much easier.

Your humor did not come up short, I was just making the comment that I had seen it, but ignored it.

Who's Lasher? A new poster who the other day joined the ranks of spelling Nazis. He kind of got annoying as they all do. Most of them grow up rather quickly and I suspect he will as well. Uncensored2008 appears to know him from another board and actually called him a Nazi. I don't know where that came from but Lasher was making statement like "you'd burn a copy of Mien Kampf too, wouldn't you?" as if Mien Kampf is a holy book.

My dad had a copy of it. When my dad died, I asked my mom for the copy of it so that I could read it, not to mention the fact that it was rather old and possibly valuable. You have to admit it is an interesting piece of history. My dad was into Ebay. I suspect he sold it long before I got my hands on it.

Anyway, that is what I know about Lasher. Not much more I can say.

Immie

Last edited:
I can't speak for Republicans since I'm not one, but YES to a certain degree Conservatives do "hate" a large number of those groups; for one simple reason.... they are unable or unwilling to take care of themselves, thereby forcing us (and society in general) to help take care of them.
Hmm.
Assuming you are correct... what's wrong with that?

Forum List

Back