🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans Holding 3 Million Transportation Jobs Hostage For 6,000 Temp. Oil Jobs

Very much so. But like any economic system, there have to be some expenses, or there will be no profit.However, when the expenses exceed the profits, the entire thing crashes down.

I agree BUT expenses will always match profits when looking at the private industry as a whole.

Your spending is MY income and vice versa.

It is not a zero sum game, moron.

it is when looking at corporate balance sheets, dumbass. One CANNOT attain income if someone else is not willing to SPEND. PERIOD.

I agree BUT expenses will always match profits when looking at the private industry as a whole.

what? No they don't...Companies and countries fail on a model like that.

If there is no profit, there is no industry. In this case, the profit benefits the people, not the government. Government is just an item on a ledger. One to be carefully controlled.

Youre not wrong but youre missing the point.

You are thinking in terms of a single company. I was speaking in terms of the economy as a whole.

If Company A buys widgets from company B, then company A's expenses are Company Bs income. Company A's spending matches Company Bs income.

In those terms, expenses will ALWAYS match income.
No, it doesn't work that way.....Wealth is not a zero sum game....Company A buys a widget from Company B, but Company B has made an extra value off that sale. That means they have a higher ledger value in the positive side than Company A....Now, if company A uses that widget to make a product and then sells that to company C, they increase their positive ledger, but it may or may not be by the same margin.

It is not a 1 for 1 deal.

what? No they don't...Companies and countries fail on a model like that.

If there is no profit, there is no industry. In this case, the profit benefits the people, not the government. Government is just an item on a ledger. One to be carefully controlled.

Youre not wrong but youre missing the point.

You are thinking in terms of a single company. I was speaking in terms of the economy as a whole.

If Company A buys widgets from company B, then company A's expenses are Company Bs income. Company A's spending matches Company Bs income.

In those terms, expenses will ALWAYS match income.

What if company A pumps oil out of the ground for little expense. Is the oil in the ground company 'B's income?

Fucking idiot.

it is when looking at corporate balance sheets, dumbass. One CANNOT attain income if someone else is not willing to SPEND. PERIOD.
One cannot stay in business if they sell at the cost of manufacturing. It is not a zero sum game. Value is derived from the sale that exceeds the cost...that value is either returned to the company or used to make even more of the widget....However, there is no 1 for 1 balance.

No, you get out and walk.

Government does play a role. You seem to have just glossed right over the fact that I did NOT say that all government is bad, and that I DID say that some energy must be expended. In fact, I said that if we manage our system carefully, and keep the drain less than the input, it can run indefinitely, didn't I?

But that means that we have to control, curb and restrict government to just those essentials that we need. Right now, we are so far past the deluxe model that you'd have to multiply it by orders of magnitude.

Also....It wasn't FDR. It was Adolph Hitler that added energy back into our failing system.

Not only did the driver of the dead car get out and push, but the whole county helped him....

Guess who those people were? Here is a hint...it was not government. It was the private citizen, stepping up to the plate and making it happen.

That is why I know for a fact, that it is and always will be, the private sector that will keep this country afloat.

No government can do that.

false.

the private citizen did not purchase tanks, jeeps, airplanes and battleships. Or guns and ammo, or uniforms and helmets.

The government did that.

theres NO WAY around that point.

If as you say Adolph hitler put the fire back in the economy, then you have agreed that it was government spending for World War II that got us out of the Great Depression.

And you dont get out and walk. You fix the damned car and drive on. getting out and walking is quitting. America is not peopled by quitters...at least we didnt used to be.
What? The private citizens DID purchase the tanks, the jeeps, planes and battleships.

You talk as if the government is a separate entity...Not only did they purchase them, they put their rage, blood, sweat and desire to survive into them by constructing them.

Government is nothing without the people and the economy that the people create. How hard is that to understand?

Joe the plumber didnt purchase an airplane. The GOVERNMENT did that with joes tax money added to the taxes of everyone else.

Accordibng to your hitler statement, it was THAT spending that got us out of the Great Depression. You can play semantics games all night long, but in the end, it was TAXES spent by the government that finally jumpstarted the engine again.

Expenses will not alway match profit, idiot.

You are not even considering added-value.

One cannot stay in business if they sell at the cost of manufacturing. It is not a zero sum game. Value is derived from the sale that exceeds the cost...that value is either returned to the company or used to make even more of the widget....However, there is no 1 for 1 balance.

Wrong.

I sell a donut for 1 dollar. You buy it for one dollar. Now you have a donut and I no longer do. Your spending is equal to my income. NOT profit, INCOME.

1 equals 1.

Expenses will not alway match profit, idiot.

You are not even considering added-value.

value added is a bullshit term invented as corporate speak for lowering costs.

I am not talking about profits. INCOME. I realize i said expenses will match profits.

Ansd in the end they will.

because those who spend gain value from the good or service they pyurchased.

For the 100 and one time lefties..federal jobs do not grow the economy. The federal government is not an employment agency. Transportation seems to be working OK so it seems that that I don't have to shell out a percentage of my personal wealth to finance jobs that we don't freaking need.

For the woefully uninformed...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/228521-what-good-is-government.html

do you think about what you post or just SPEW???

Wrong.

I sell a donut for 1 dollar. You buy it for one dollar. Now you have a donut and I no longer do. Your spending is equal to my income. NOT profit, INCOME.

1 equals 1.

You can't even follow your own gibberish. You just got done stating:

BUT expenses will always match profits

For the 100 and one time lefties..federal jobs do not grow the economy. The federal government is not an employment agency. Transportation seems to be working OK so it seems that that I don't have to shell out a percentage of my personal wealth to finance jobs that we don't freaking need.

For the woefully uninformed...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/228521-what-good-is-government.html

Lakhota do you think about what you post or just SPEW???

false.

the private citizen did not purchase tanks, jeeps, airplanes and battleships. Or guns and ammo, or uniforms and helmets.

The government did that.

theres NO WAY around that point.

If as you say Adolph hitler put the fire back in the economy, then you have agreed that it was government spending for World War II that got us out of the Great Depression.

And you dont get out and walk. You fix the damned car and drive on. getting out and walking is quitting. America is not peopled by quitters...at least we didnt used to be.
What? The private citizens DID purchase the tanks, the jeeps, planes and battleships.

You talk as if the government is a separate entity...Not only did they purchase them, they put their rage, blood, sweat and desire to survive into them by constructing them.

Government is nothing without the people and the economy that the people create. How hard is that to understand?

Joe the plumber didnt purchase an airplane. The GOVERNMENT did that with joes tax money added to the taxes of everyone else.

Accordibng to your hitler statement, it was THAT spending that got us out of the Great Depression. You can play semantics games all night long, but in the end, it was TAXES spent by the government that finally jumpstarted the engine again.
No, it wasn't. Government was just the vehicle though which the will of the people acted. However, it is always a mistake to think that normalcy can be described by extreme examples.

In the end, it was not FDR that brought this country out of depression, but productivity and the private sector. In fact, it was the private sector that defeated the Axis though their sheer determination to win. That resulted in the greatest economic output in history up to that moment.

So, lets stop with the extreme examples and stay focused on economic reality.

Well, you can..I'm going to take off and do something productive for a while.

Wrong.

1 equals 1.

You need food. I have food. You pruchase food and eat.

Did you not get value from the food?

Did I not gain income and profit from the sale?

Did your expense not match my income and profit?

You think every time a dollar is spent its just lost forever? Or did you GAIN from the spending of that dollar as well?

Spending ALWAYS matches income and even profit as well.

Wrong.

1 equals 1.
You sell a donut for a dollar....but it cost you a dollar to make....he lost a dollar to purchase your donut...you lost a dollar to replace your donut.

Hope you can eat air.......

No, it wasn't. Government was just the vehicle though which the will of the people acted. However, it is always a mistake to think that normalcy can be described by extreme examples.

In the end, it was not FDR that brought this country out of depression, but productivity and the private sector. In fact, it was the private sector that defeated the Axis though their sheer determination to win. That resulted in the greatest economic output in history up to that moment.

So, lets stop with the extreme examples and stay focused on economic reality.

Well, you can..I'm going to take off and do something productive for a while.

Government is the vehicle is semantics.

Economic reality is if everyone else stops spending, the government must increase spending to jumpstart the engine again.

Wrong.

1 equals 1.

Spending ALWAYS matches income and even profit as well.

Changing your story for the third time, eh?

:lol:

Wrong.

1 equals 1.
You sell a donut for a dollar....but it cost you a dollar to make....he lost a dollar to purchase your donut...you lost a dollar to replace your donut.

Hope you can eat air.......

I spend that dollar on flour, eggs, yeast, fryer oil, electricity and replace the donut. Now tehre are five other industries that all got a piece of that dollar. They gained income equal to my expense.

In fact, you must be selling our donuts raw, in the open, and only during the day....Because you're not able to eat, pay for rent, electricity, deep fryers, refrigerators....

In fact..how is it exactly, you are able to sell donuts?

Forum List

Back